1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The reminiscience of that new cartridge smell...

Discussion in 'Stadium 1 & Stadium 2 (Hidden)' started by Duck4u11, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck4u11

Duck4u11 Chompzorz

What was your experience when u had purchased your GS stadium game for the N64?
    I remember I had saved up a few months worth of allowance to buy this game and I remember jus looking at the design of the cartridge excited me to my core.I was extremely happy that day and I kno i spent endless hours playing and doing the challanges, and especially putting my pokemon in the minigames, and the gym battle system was also a great feature. Facing Red couldnt have been moe exciting. : )

2. KGB13

KGB13 Man of Mystery

I was looking at the AD for it in a Toys 'R' Us sales paper for weeks because I wanted it SOOO bad for my birthday. Then a few weeks later I got it for my birthday and stayed up all night and well into the afternoon the next day playing it.

3. WynautQueen

WynautQueen Pokemon Caretaker

I picked it up at Gamestop several years ago when it still had used N64 games, mostly just the cartridges, on a rack. So it certainly wasn't a "new cartridge," but at least it works.

4. s2k>wrx

s2k>wrx Well-Known Member

helz yea i stil have mine, too bad i sold my red blue yellow and silver to pay a ticket or else i would stil play it

5. Xerudic

Xerudic Pokemon addict [:

I loved it. I remember begging my Mom everyday about it...
    When I finally got it, I spent HOURS mastering the Chansey game on Very Hard

6. Blazing Charmander

Blazing Charmander Well-Known Member

I've got both Stadium games, and I vividly remember trying to find some way around getting my Silver game to play on the first Stadium as I was eager to see the new Pokemon in 3D. As it turned out, I got Stadium 2 a few months later in Christmas 2001 and I was amazed at seeing my Silver team that included all the brand new Johto Pokemon in 3D.

Also, I know what you mean by that 'new cartridge smell'. I can still remember the wonderful smell of a heated up Super Mario 64 cartridge upon the first time my sister played it on her brand new N64 in 1997 or 1998, the first video game console and computer game I ever played on. :)

7. MizuJosh

MizuJosh Sapphire Kingdra

Mmm. Gym Leader Tower was always my favorite thing to do. :3 I loved getting to the Kanto Leaders, and finally Red. I remember you had to fight the Rockets after Pryce, I think. I don't think I ever beat R2 though.

8. Ainaur

Ainaur Member

I remember getting my copy from Blockbuster and struggling to get this strange wrap they had over the cartridge. My relatives tried to get it off, but we ended up tearing off a bit of the awesome game sticker. I think I was one of the very few people that actually used rental Pokemon since my other Stadium copy didn't come with a Transfer Pak. Now, 9 years later, I finally got a Transfer Pak TODAY.

9. Baton Passer

Baton Passer Bzzzzzzzzzzt!

I was seven and literally peed myself, for I had no idea that there was a stadium 2 until I unwrapped it.
    I was already obsessed with stadium 1, but was beginning to grow out of it.
    stadium 2 solidified my pokemon liking/nerdyness for good.

I didn't even have a game boy, and I got to master ball division in challenge cup, prime cup, and poke cup, and to team rocket in the gym leader castle.

WITH RENTALS.
    AT SEVEN YEARS OLD.

Ya, thats my deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.