• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Resistance [B2RMT]

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I don't really have anything interesting to say here, apart from the fact that I'd appreciate feedback, hahaha.

586.png

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Sap Sipper
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Swords Dance
~ Horn Leech
~ Jump Kick
~ Double Edge

I adore Horn Leech, it's a brilliant move. Not only is it a great physical STAB, but it allows me to heal off Life Orb damage and any possible recoil from Jump Kick. Jump Kick to hit Steel-types mainly, and Double Edge for neutral coverage, with the recoil being healed off thanks to Horn Leech.

135.png

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Modest
252 SpA / 132 HP / 126 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Charge Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power [Ice]

Boosting Jolteon. Substitute to help me with boosting through Charge Beam, and then BoltBeam, yay. The HP EVs let me hit 304, which is divisible by 16 and hence gets me maximum Leftovers recovery, with the rest of the EVs just dumped into Speed.

537.png

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Poison Touch
Mild
92 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Surf
~ Earth Power
~ Drain Punch
~ Ice Punch

Mixed Seismitoad. Surf for STAB, and Earth Power > Earthquake since generally Pokemon weak to Ground have a lower Special Defence stat. Drain Punch for some healing and Ice Punch for Grass-types.

563.png

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Mummy
Modest
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
~ Substitute
~ Calm Mind
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power [Fighting]

Rather generic Cofagrigus set. Sub + Calm Mind and then sweep with the unresisted Shadow Ball + Hidden Power [Fighting] combination.

227.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Careful
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
~ Brave Bird
~ Rock Slide
~ Swords Dance / Toxic
~ Roost

Brave Bird for STAB, with the recoil healed thanks to Roost. Rock Slide for coverage, and I'm tossing up between Swords Dance for boosting or Toxic for status.

452.png

Drapion @ Scope Lens
Sniper
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Swords Dance
~ Cross Poison
~ Night Slash
~ Earthquake

Movesets that rely on luck are always fun to use in-game, to be honest. Scope Lens + Sniper to capitalise on critical hits. Swords Dance for boosting, and then Cross Poison and Night Slash as STAB moves, which both have high critical hit rates. Earthquake to hit Steel-types.

Last edited:

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Drapion and sawsbuck should be jolly instead of Adamant. Jolteon should be timid. Skarmory should be impish and Cofagiris should run bold.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I've gone ahead and given Sawsbuck and Drapion Jolly; I thought they were slightly faster than they were, hahaha. As for Jolteon, I'm not too keen on Timid since with its current EV spread it outspeeds neutral-natured Accelgor with 31 Spe IVs (so really, the only thing it doesn't outspeed is +Spe Accelgor). And I think I'll wait for more opinions regarding Skarmory and Cofagrigus's natures, but thanks.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Skarmory Speed isn't great, really. Base 70 is way too low, i wouldn't invest 252 Speed EV's on him, it's kinda of a waste. I don't know if you're aiming to beat a specific Poke, tough.
A EV's spread i suggest on Skarmory is: 252 HP/252 Sp Def+Careful Nature. It allows him to be bulky, not to mention that, he can Set Up with Swords Dance with easy, since his taking few damage from both sides; Special & Physical, and it's a good combo to use alongside Roost xD
He isn't great while sweeping, he lacks a a wide movepool, but he can take advantage with what he's have. Rock+Flying take care of most things, but it does get walled. So, that's a reason i prefer him bulky, that's way Staraptor or Braviary won't outclass him. The same doesn't apply to Cofagrigus tough.

@Master of Grass
~Sorry but...why you suggested Bold Nature on both Cofagrigus and Skarmory? C'mon, they both have a very good Physical Defense, why invest in Defense? Can you explain? I pretty much prefer investing in their Special Defense that are EXTREMELY low, than investing on something already high. But i wanna hear your explanations.
Except Cofagrigus, tough. He's 'Grigus is totally fine, probably one of the best Cofagrigus Sets I've ever seen.

Well, hope this helps. I'm very rusty in rating, that's the best i can do right now...sad ¬¬

Aurath8

Double Edge > Return on Sawsbuck. If you can heal LO recoil you can heal Double Edge recoil.

Ice Punch > Poison Jab on Seismitoad. Thanks to Poison Touch, it becomes a Poison Jab with much better type coverage.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
I suggested Impish on Skarmory not Bold. But now I think about it his Skarmory should be running a Cafeful nature to bulk it's SDef.

For Cof ^he maybe should run a Calm nature to bulk out his SpDef.

So yeah I didn't suggest Bold on both. But your right about investing in SpDef.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@Akanjao; mmmm yeah I prefer that EV spread, thanks.

@Aura; Ah, good point on Double Edge on Sawsbuck, and whoops, completely forgot about the elemental punches being tutor moves. Thanks!

@Master_of_grass; I think I'll keep Modest on Cofagrigus.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Maybe you could use 44 HP EV's on Drapion since you're playing ingame and such.

Modest is quite fine on Cofagrigus.