• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

the resort house furniture, uncommon taste for a teenager?

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
allright, most of you here have heard about the resort house by now and that you can buy your own very expensive decorations for it along with some stuff that can only be unlocked after completing certain tasks.

list & image of furniture are located here:
http://www.serebii.net/platinum/resorthouse.shtml

i have been saving money and collecting these things for quite some time now in my game and seeing how everything falls on their place slow but surely and even though it has style i must say that it is a highly unlikely taste for two young teenagers like dawn or lucas. stuff like this are more fit for people wo are above 50 years, it doesn't compute in my opinion.

have the creators possibly forgotten the unique taste of modern teenagers? discuss.

MetaPheonixPal

this is a kind of wierd thread, because since when have the pokemon designers really cared about style and stuff?besides contests of course.
and unlikely taste for dawn and lucas? everyone is different and its not like u has met them in real life and have had tea with them XD
they really dont want to care about teenagers taste probably because it is basically a KIDS game.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
and unlikely taste for dawn and lucas? everyone is different and its not like u has met them in real life and have had tea with them XD

everyone is indeed different taste but ways of style comes with certain ages, a person of 12 will not feel comfortable fast in a room that could be his grandma's house, to me it's a good oppertunity to open this thread to discuss any speculations given by people.

they really dont want to care about teenagers taste probably because it is basically a KIDS game.

it used to be a kids game in the past, these days there are many grown ups who play these games too, just keep an eye on this site's birthdaylist.

goldgolem

tell me when to go
it does seem wierd that those 2 would have that stuff and the stuff that you can order from the place seems really high tech and fancy

Penguinist Trainer

I look at it more as the trainer has grown up quite a bit since starting their journey. Yeah I know, we can all beat the game in about a week, but in the game, it'd probably be a little longer than that.

Though I love how we are questioning a teenager's tastes, but not the fact that a teenager is capable of getting his/her own house, or earn a million dollars in the process of one pokemon journey.

Besides, what is so unstylish about the house. Nice big tv, high tech pc, big stereo. I mean this is a house after all, it's not like a private bedroom where they might have posters of pop-bands or other teen things.

Eh!Steve78

I think the whole Idea was a fancy look.

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
I agree. I think the house was meant to have a fancy, elegant look. Maybe even modern considering the design of the house and some of the furniture piece.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
I get what you are trying to say but you are forgetting that this is a resort house, meaning it is like a fancy timeshare that you go relax in for short periods of time, not for your whole life

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I don't understand why it didn't work out like the secret bases did, like, you could choose from a wide varity of stuff, not just 10 or 11 things.
Why would a 13 year old want a fancy glameow statue, anyway?

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I get what you are trying to say but you are forgetting that this is a resort house, meaning it is like a fancy timeshare that you go relax in for short periods of time, not for your whole life

I agree. Though I think they should have had more stuff like in R/S/E

Cruisercard

What kind of teenager doesn't appreciate the finesse of a tea set?

Seriously though, it's more the person who'll visit's taste rather then the player I s'pose.

Well based on what the game says, you can only order stuff off the list. So if they want furniture, those are the only options available.

Case closed.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Well based on what the game says, you can only order stuff off the list. So if they want furniture, those are the only options available.

Case closed.

^.......um wow if that wasnt the most retarded thing ive seen.....the conversation we are having is just about how ironic it is that the resort house and its accessories look like its made for a rich man in his sixties.....its a discussion. Ergo, case not closed.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!

Case closed.

^.......um wow if that wasnt the most retarded thing ive seen.....the conversation we are having is just about how ironic it is that the resort house and its accessories look like its made for a rich man in his sixties.....its a discussion. Ergo, case not closed.

Profesco

gone gently
I think it's fine. Dawn and Lucas are simply avatars. The person owning the house is you, and so the taste of the avatar would be the taste of the player, and therefore different for every person. The villa's decor suits me just fine, too. I have class, after all. I have taste. Don't the rest of you?

To be frank, I know a lot of teenagers who would kill for that Audio Set and PC [Desk]. =P

The rest are pretty fancy, but as was stated, it is a Villa. With visitors such as Cynthia, Professor Rowan and some of the more mature gym leaders (idk, Byron? Volkner?), you won't really expect to please them with teenage stuff.

On a side-note, some of the furniture don't make sense, though. Why can't you rest in your bed like you normally can in the other beds all around Sinnoh? Why doesn't the music in the Audio Set ever change? And why are the Pokemon statues Glameow? Can't it be, idk, Mudkip? =P

Now to pester the creators to let you redecorate your room in the starting house with posters and Wiis and whatever else.

Cruisercard

It is a nice feature regardless, isn't it? (Platinum hasn't come out yet in my country :()
EDIT: First rank up!