• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Props man. Nothing could ever come close to this.

Keep me on the PM list, I want to read the next fic you write!

SilentMemento

Lone Wolf
Might as well leave a review now, since I read this brilliant star of a fic and haven't done that yet. Pay no attention to the crazy man rambling in the review.:

I absolutely love the reference to Miror B's next choice in music. That certainly explains the radical change from salsa to disco. And I had to laugh out loud at Feraligatr's comment on Celebi wearing eyeliner. That was just hysterical.

I love the memorable personalities that you crafted not only for your human characters, but for pretty much every Pokemon that popped up in this fic. There's so many writers that can't bring the best of both worlds, and it's really a pleasure to see an author who not only do that, but do it in a spectacular fashion.

I also couldn't help but notice that you went back to your earlier chapters and corrected the mistakes you made. That might be the most impressive part; even the best stories can be made better, and it's refreshing to see another person who recognizes that.

I'd have to say that Umbreon's mean look attack is full of epic win. That has to be the most adorable expression ever. Of all time.

I laughed at the fact that Tom owned something as powerful as Raikou, but then my laughing stopped as he hit upon the perfect solution as to what to do with it. I can't say that I can argue against releasing it; nobody can chain a legend (although the numerous people that have caught legendary Pokemon in their games would probably say something about that).

I can't really say what scene is my favorite. The Miror B. fight has a lot of merit to it, but the full-scale battle around the end was also fun to read. Still, Hariyama throwing a freaking Sharpedo into the stands was also good. Oh, and Feraligatr (as a Croconaw) sweeping out an entire room with one surf attack. ...And also every scene where Espeon and Umbreon bicker. And...man, why did you have to make so many awesome scenes? I can't choose all of them!

My favorite character in this fic...man, I really don't know. All of the Pokemon were awesome, and the human characters were impressive as well. Okay, maybe Umbreon...or Espeon...or Miror B. Okay, maybe it's some other character that I'll probably remember once I send this review.

I could really go on all night expressing how much I love this fic, but you probably don't want to hear more of my rambling. I hope that this review suffices for all of those chapters I was going to review but didn't. So, anyway, kudos to you for sticking with this fic for so long. I don't think that a single person here hasn't enjoyed reading it, and that's about as rare of a sight as I've ever seen online.

Sincerely,

Mem.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks for the reviews thus far! If you still want to say something there's still a good deal of time before I will move this to the Completed Fics sectio, but do say so sooner rather than later!
Damn... now it's REALLY over.
Yep. =p
This fanfic has been the funniest I've ever read, B&B. I'm just sad I missed most of it during my unwanted hiatus. XP
Better late than never, I suppose.
Miror B. played the Time Flute, eh? Well, it was probably better than Wes or Rui or even Johnson to play it. Actually, I shudder to think what would've happened if Johnson played the flute. DX
Demons would be summoned instead. Or maybe just Celebi's eyeliner.
Lmao, Umbreon used the cute Mean Look on Celebi. I wonder what warranted that to happen, though?
Wes felt that the Celebi wasn't keen on purifying all those Pokemon, hence the Mean Look.
Hmm... I wonder what WOULD happen if you ate one of Johnson's pastries..?
Many trips to the bathroom.
Anyway, I hope to see more of your works in the future, B&B. Good luck!

Also, never ask Alucard's opinion on anything, even fanfics. He might shoot you for annoying him.

Keep it up! ;491;
Hopefully you will enjoy those too! Thanks for the review. =)
The end of an era. The end of hands down the funniest fic Serebii has to offer. The end of the PMs that would signify that it was gonna be a good day.

The story was, in all honesty, perfection from start to finish. Not a chapter went by that didn't leave me in hysterics. The characters were all funny, from Miror B. to Makuhita to Venus's Steelix and everyone in between.
Never thought my fic would be called an 'era'. ._. High praise indeed. Thanks for the comments though! =D
I completly agree with this, it was a fabulous story. I'm still hoping for an XD sequel >w<
Thanks to you too! And well, you'll have to hope after I work on some other things. =p
This has been great and no matter what, the endings always leave me wanting more. It just saddens me to not be able to read a new chapter of this anymore and while i'll be able to go back and re-read it from time to time the first read will always hold a special place. So, as a duty to this fic it may be short, but here is my final review:
Agreed - first time reading or playing anything is always the most enjoyable imo.
$20 says that I can place a natu...no wait a dragonite under his hat and he'll never know.
Well to be fair he wouldn't know in part because he'd be squashed under a Dragonite. =p You must be pretty strong to lift those up though!
Wait? What? A reporter actually asking a legit question? This person can not be from orre, IT'S A SETUP RUN!
Oh, they get a good question in every once in a while. Say a few months.
HOW DRUNK IS TOM?
Tom refuses to answer this. He is also currently unable to answer due to being too drunk.
:( NOOOOOO! Say it isn't so!
It's so. =p
Thanks for such an amazing story that genius sonority and the pokemon company didn't give in a game. I would comment on the finish of Tom's story, but I don't know what he's saying, so I guess I didn't break the code of drunk language. It's been a fun ride on this rollar coaster of a story B&B, looking forward to any fics you do in the future.
I probably need to offer language classes on how to understand Tom lingo. =p Thanks for the review, and hopefully you will enjoy any other fic/s I may do. =)
I was gonna draw moar art other than that two year old excuse for fanart man! XD
If you do I look very much forward to it. =)
Waiting and reading this since middle school was totally worth it. I'll miss this fic, but I'll be waiting for more of your works down the road.
Good to hear. Thanks for all your reviews! =)
Seems I'm a bit of a minority, then. Like everyone else, I've loved the story and am bummed to see it go, so few Orre stories out there and I'm just going all over the world with mine, but I must confess that at some point the aside humor went into left field for me. Tom holds no special meaning, nor does his take on an Epilogue. I have no idea what he said and after a while it just didn't mean anything for me to try.
Understandable - each to their own I suppose. Drunken speech is not everyone's favourite thing to read and all.
You're Shadow speak was memorable though, especially Makuhita. Johnson and the Magikarp were funny too. Yanma was classic, but Plusle felt too much like a bad copy of Yanma, and Yanma towards the end seemed to run out of meaningful things to say.
I can kinda see how Plusle has similarites to Yanma, but I'll argue that Yanma had meaningful things to say in the first place. =p
I must admit though, coffee-powered Bug of Mass Destruction would have been funny to read, and probably to write. I'll encourage you to consider at some point a caffinated Yanmega for any of your fics. (COFFEEORDIE!)
Idk, it just didn't feel right to myself for it to evolve or to write it in, and so I didn't go through with it. *shrug*
All that said though, I must give you points for Celebi in makeup being caught in the wrong fashion. The epilogue made sense, I love Wes' plan to charge the Hotels too, that really fits his history as a criminal. And good for you for not over-playing the relationship there, I was kinda expecting someone to make an aside comment about Wes not letting her be kidnapped a second time, but as I think about it that might have been too played up.
I guess also him saying it would be needless too given it's pretty obvious he'd not want her to be kidnapped.
My regards though, thank you for the ride, it's been a blast! We'll catch you again sometime.
Thanks for the reviews!
I haven't posted in a while, so I guess now is a good a time as any to come out of hiding.
Indeed it is. =)
I just wanted to say, thank you for finishing this masterpiece. It is one of those few stories I've read where I am just in stitches for mass portions of the story. You have a knack for comedy, and boy was some of it funny.
You're welcome! =p
The characters in the story were well done, and fairly relatable. The extra expansion of the games canon was nearly perfect. It tied up a lot of loose ends, or stuff that just really made no sense in the game.

My only complaint about this story, it was too short. I WANT MOAR!!!

All in all, wonderful story. Thanks for gifting us with this fabulous read. I look forward to whatever the future holds for your writing. :)
Thanks for the review, and hopefully any other stuff I do will also entertain you. =)
First of all, I think I've said something along these lines to you at some point and some place previously, but anyway: **** yeah RCHP. :D
Heck yeah RHCP indeed. =D
I shall direct similarly approving sentiment toward Miror B. getting to be the one to summon Celebi to purify the rest of the shadows. And getting some more of Tom's brand of storytelling was pretty nifty. :B
Miror B should always be approved of. =p
Do the sock puppets have googly eyes?
Sometimes; sometimes they are just drawn on and sometimes they have none at all. At times they aren't even socks!
Why would I not be surprised to learn that there actually is or has been a quiche-shaped hat somewhere in the world?
I guess I wouldn't be that surprised either...
This causes me to imagine a drunk Raikou, which is a pretty amazing notion.
I suppose it is, haha. Then again most Pokemon drunk is amusing.
This is a vastly superior way to spell "bananas".
I would eat more bananas if they were spelt like that.

Congratulations on completing this! :D It's been lots of fun to read. Thanks for sharing it!
Thanks. And thank you for your many entertaining reviews. Many a laugh has been had by myself at hair-parasites and mistaking pastris for panties. XD
This was amazing.
Please let your next fic be funny. You are truly gifted when it comes to laughter. My only real complaint is not enough johnson and magikarp. If you can deCipher the tom speak It's funny.
Not going to give a guarantee on the next fic being funny, but a few of my current ideas are along that vein...? We shall see I suppose though!
Props man. Nothing could ever come close to this.

Keep me on the PM list, I want to read the next fic you write!
Thanks! And sure, I suppose I can keep a other-fics-PM list.
Might as well leave a review now, since I read this brilliant star of a fic and haven't done that yet. Pay no attention to the crazy man rambling in the review.:
But paying attention is fun. =p But I'll say now - thaks a lot for this review! I certainly appreciate it. (Also thanks for what you said in your nomination - I felt that I have improved in writing since when I started and it's good to see others also agree with that).
I absolutely love the reference to Miror B's next choice in music. That certainly explains the radical change from salsa to disco. And I had to laugh out loud at Feraligatr's comment on Celebi wearing eyeliner. That was just hysterical.
I'll admit that I had those bits added in on th go with the epilogue writing; with Miror B's it fitted too well to pass up even if I had some other personal theories on how his music style changed.
I love the memorable personalities that you crafted not only for your human characters, but for pretty much every Pokemon that popped up in this fic. There's so many writers that can't bring the best of both worlds, and it's really a pleasure to see an author who not only do that, but do it in a spectacular fashion.
They were quite fun to come up with too, and even more fun to write. XD
I also couldn't help but notice that you went back to your earlier chapters and corrected the mistakes you made. That might be the most impressive part; even the best stories can be made better, and it's refreshing to see another person who recognizes that.
I've still got a lot of editing to do yet, haha. =p
I'd have to say that Umbreon's mean look attack is full of epic win. That has to be the most adorable expression ever. Of all time.
Also an 'on-the-spot' idea (well, the need for a mean look attack was also come up with at the time of writing)...
I laughed at the fact that Tom owned something as powerful as Raikou, but then my laughing stopped as he hit upon the perfect solution as to what to do with it. I can't say that I can argue against releasing it; nobody can chain a legend (although the numerous people that have caught legendary Pokemon in their games would probably say something about that).
This however was something I came up with ages ago. It just felt the right thing for the fic in the end re what's done with the legendary beasts.
I can't really say what scene is my favorite. The Miror B. fight has a lot of merit to it, but the full-scale battle around the end was also fun to read. Still, Hariyama throwing a freaking Sharpedo into the stands was also good. Oh, and Feraligatr (as a Croconaw) sweeping out an entire room with one surf attack. ...And also every scene where Espeon and Umbreon bicker. And...man, why did you have to make so many awesome scenes? I can't choose all of them!
Well... why not? =p
My favorite character in this fic...man, I really don't know. All of the Pokemon were awesome, and the human characters were impressive as well. Okay, maybe Umbreon...or Espeon...or Miror B. Okay, maybe it's some other character that I'll probably remember once I send this review.
For the record, my favourite one to write was Miror B easily, but 2nd favourite I am much less sure of.
I could really go on all night expressing how much I love this fic, but you probably don't want to hear more of my rambling.
But I like rambling. :<
I hope that this review suffices for all of those chapters I was going to review but didn't. So, anyway, kudos to you for sticking with this fic for so long. I don't think that a single person here hasn't enjoyed reading it, and that's about as rare of a sight as I've ever seen online.

Sincerely,

Mem.
It certainly is a good review. XD Thanks again!

Also, Mia/boc happened to make some more art of Makuhita.

Blue Astra

Icy blue
Congratulations once more for finishing this fic. Sorry for the late review ;p What should be said is said. Well, almost. I haven’t reviewed yet ;)

The epilogue was a nice touch: the party was a big hit (to read), what with Johnson and Plusle and the piñata of a chubby Es Cade (wish I could buy one). The reporters are living up to their reputation (and pleasant to read as always). But:

“Sir, what do you think about going home?” one shouted.
It’s still strange that they finally asked a normal question. Never mind the 1/months ‘catch’ rate.

Andrew surely looks forward to returning to Orre as it seems. Indeed, only Orre could have made such an impression on someone.

“There we are!” Marcia shouted, pointing eagerly at them walking past Phenac’s plaza fountain. The kids grinned happily – it had been quite fun even though the musicians in the parade hadn’t been very good and most only knew how to play ‘Mary had a Little Lamb’, and the fact that a jogger with a Castform had shouted loudly at the organizers because he had been unable to perform his ‘usual duty’ in running around the fountain.

Now an overlay of Sherles’ moustache appeared above the mouth.
So funny!

“The former mayor and other members of the now-believed finished group Cipher have also been moved to a jail with improved security after people had repeatedly broken in to make fun of them, and in cases even ask for advice on how to start their own criminal organizations.
That’s why Cipher returned five years later…

The Under is now the subject of evacuation discussions on whether after several health issues were raised.”
Don’t you need sth after ‘whether’? It’s just sounds strange for me. But I’m not a native speaker, so…

“Should I save some potatoes for him and Rui when they get back from Agate?”

“Plus!” (No!)
This must be my favourite part. Plusle’s answer is plusly unbeatable.

“Andy he... takey ma drinky! No politeys!”

Then again most Pokemon drunk is amusing.
Yes, but a drunk Raikou… that steals drinks from Tom. Epic.

“Fere. Feraligatr?” (Hello. Why do you have eyeliner?)

Eyeliners help in time-travelling. Fashion is just an excuse.

The legendary Pokémon turned to him and gave a squeak of surprise upon seeing Umbreon’s Mean Look attack, despite an inevitable ‘Aww’ from Rui.
Umbreon’s Mean Attack is a hit (though unbearable to Pokémon).

I’ll miss the unique characters you created. And the humour. And the time I spent figuring where the heck did you think up one thing or another. And why everything you’ve written must be so funny. Good job.

Thank you.

~Truthfully yours~

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Congratulations once more for finishing this fic. Sorry for the late review ;p What should be said is said. Well, almost. I haven’t reviewed yet ;)
Thanks for the congrats! Don't worry about the delay, I don't mind it (better late than never anyways ;p).

The epilogue was a nice touch: the party was a big hit (to read), what with Johnson and Plusle and the piñata of a chubby Es Cade (wish I could buy one). The reporters are living up to their reputation (and pleasant to read as always).
They are $29.95 in all good retail stores. =p
But:

It’s still strange that they finally asked a normal question. Never mind the 1/months ‘catch’ rate.
I suppose it's out of the norm for them. XD
Andrew surely looks forward to returning to Orre as it seems. Indeed, only Orre could have made such an impression on someone.
Not only Pokemon left the Orre region. XD
Don’t you need sth after ‘whether’? It’s just sounds strange for me. But I’m not a native speaker, so…
...yes, I do. Where did the stuff I write there go? @_@ *goes to fix* No wait, I just need to remove 'on whether' and it's fine.
This must be my favourite part. Plusle’s answer is plusly unbeatable.
And I felt Plusle deserved one last bit of airtime as well, heh.
Yes, but a drunk Raikou… that steals drinks from Tom. Epic.
Not how Tom views it!
Eyeliners help in time-travelling. Fashion is just an excuse.
Yeah, it's a long explanation that would have gone over everyone's head, says Celebi. Definitely. *whistles*
I’ll miss the unique characters you created. And the humour. And the time I spent figuring where the heck did you think up one thing or another. And why everything you’ve written must be so funny. Good job.

Thank you.

~Truthfully yours~
Thanks for the review, and I suppose you're welcome for the entertainment. =)

X-ice654

Angry Dawn is Angry
Truly a great fic and wonderful ending. I really enjoyed reading every single chapter. The humor was great, the characters were great, basically everything was great.
Ho-oh's reason behind showing up was especially funny and Umbreon ending with a the end was very pleasing. All in all this fic is great and it's kinda sad to see it end.

Thank you bobandbill for all the fun I've had reading this fic.
~X-ice654

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Truly a great fic and wonderful ending. I really enjoyed reading every single chapter. The humor was great, the characters were great, basically everything was great.
Can't say I don't like the sound of that. =p
Ho-oh's reason behind showing up was especially funny and Umbreon ending with a the end was very pleasing. All in all this fic is great and it's kinda sad to see it end.
I had been unsure for a while on how to end the story, admittedly, but I ended up going for that. And Ho-oh's explanation I already touched on, heh.
Thank you bobandbill for all the fun I've had reading this fic.
~X-ice654
You are welcome. =)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wait, what? I never thought you did finish this. I guided myself using fanfiction.net all this time and then you stopped giving updates there...

Well, I guess I'll have to continue the last chapters from here. Good show.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Wait, what? I never thought you did finish this. I guided myself using fanfiction.net all this time and then you stopped giving updates there...

Well, I guess I'll have to continue the last chapters from here. Good show.
I feel like responding with the first sentence you used as ffnet has all the updates too! =p Unless you're referring to the hiatus I had beforehand that ended a year+ before I finished the fic, I guess, which was a lack of updates everywhere.

Anyways hope you enjoy the rest then. (Also thanks for the review jeffdavid102, even if you deleted it, as I can see the such ;D).

I really should move this by now to completed fics even with some undone edits... *moves* If you wish to leave a comment (and I like them so I recommend doing so =p), send me a VM/PM!

Last edited: