• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
about when will the final chapter/epilouge be up....

I can so see miror b. going bezerk bout' the fro...

great job...

take this cookie and begin a xd fic

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Just a few things I noticed.
Dakim was ready however and shifted his body out of reached before he attempted to hit the Fighting type on the other side with his improvised bat.
That should be "out of reach."

“Good. I don’t think Sherles would want you to lose any of them, particular that one,” Wes said.
I think you either mean "in particular" or "particularly" here. Also Rui has Suicune? Nice.

I think the others got the rest. So, this fic is almost over. Whatever you write next, be it a Gale of Darkness fic or something else, I hope it's just as crazy.

I don't have any plans or desire to do a shipping fic after this, tbh - it's not my thing and it's only really in this fic because it's practically canon as well, so it fits and makes sense.

As for the 'completed if ever part', I aim to have this fic finished within say two months. =p

It was more of wishful thinking on my part.

Ah, I meant that I didn't see a possible shipping fic, until after this one is done, if you ever did do a shipping fic. I didn't mean that this one would never end. I think I left out a comma or two which would have made by true meaning more apparent. I didn't expect to have a new chapter (and one so long) so soon however; it's a nice treat. Good luck with the rest, can't wait.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks for the reviews yet again, everyone!

Fantastic chapter. Miror B. was awesome in ways that defy description. Kinda wish Yanma could have joined in the action, though, if only because its coffee obsession would have made things even funnier (and totally not because I want it to evolve).

I can't believe this fic is almost over, though. What is there, one chapter left?
You sure want Yanma to evolve. =p And good to hear that you liked Miror B in this chapter. =)

That's basically it, yes.
Nice chapter. But it makes me so sad that it’ll end so soon. The irony of it. Just a few months ago I feared that you’ll never finish (or at least finish it in some years) and now that the end is nearing… Ah, let’s not think about sad things and continue with the quotes.
I'm kinda glad I've nearly finished it now and that it's not going to be for a few more years in some ways. =p (My aim from the start was to finish this after all).
Okay, what’s the reason for italizing them?
On this (and some other bits with formatting)... no reason. =p They weren't like that in the original documents either nor other places I put the chapter up so I can only assume it's some hella strange formatting issues occuring when c+ping stuff onto forums at times. =/ But thanks for pointing out these and other errors too; they should be fixed now. =)
Brr. But now that you say it… Why couldn’t Johnson have a show on his own? Like suggesting battle tactics like the “jumping up high” one? And Andrew as a victim.
That'd probably be the only tactic he can suggest though. =p
Warning. Radio are taking control over vehicles. If you spot a suspicious radio please contact THINGS ON FIRE SHOW.
Fire tends to be pretty effective on radios.
When did that happen?
It didn't; he was referring to watching the grunts being attacked by Wes' Feraligatr with water the sentence prior. Which followed after the end of the previous scene (ie I cut it off before that happened, or rather switched to Nascour's POV).
Poor Andrew. But there is no union for protecting him. Now that I think about it, did Hariyama use him as a weapon because Andrew made Wes agree to take Johnson with him and so Hariyama was full of his constant chattering? So he took his revenge on Andrew.
No, I don't feel Hariyama could have heard it in the Poke Ball. Nor would he even fit in the Zoomer now, heh. So he was just being Hariyama.
Oh, and I didn't like the Japanese name of Nascour too...

Keep it up.

~Truthfully yours~
Nobody does. =p
Loving it. And nobody messes with the 'fro. Fake Wes was great too, and I can't wait to see the final battle. But I'll be sad when this fic's over. *sniffle.* I'll have to read and review whatever you write next too. So, after that outrageously short and nonsensical review, keep up the good work!

-TA
Good to hear you'll see what else I may happen to write then. =) Thanks for the review.
Funniest parts of th Chapter and other stuff time!

Implying Miror B.'s gay or just an accident?
Neither; those are just the lyrics of the song. (You may want to youtube Murder On The Dancefloor if you don't know it).
Umbreon's always funny but I would have liked to see Espeon add something onto that.
I felt that a double battle there suited it fine and wanted to use Feraligatr then as well, so Espeon has the break just now. I will say all the main Pokemon will get an appearence next chapter though!
Addicted to experience points, like Yamna and coffee!
All Pokemon want experience points.
Best part of the chapter. Not just Miror B., but also Gonzap's reply.
Also a quote from Space Ghost!
I've never even touches colosseum or Gale of Darkness but this fan fic is probably the best I've read ever in my small time at serebii.
Hurrah! \o/
Man it's almost over with only a chapter left, really? GREAT, that means i'm going to have to try and find something new to read, but doubt it will be as funny. Anyway, amazing chapter and here's the part of the show where we're going to take a look back at some of the funniest moments of what I just read:
what if I do another comedy fic ;p
I'm pretty sure that the scotish would love to have Dakim for their giant log tossing tradition. Think it's called the calder or caber toss or something like it?
I've heard of a bunch of competitions like that (as in 'throwing large/strange object' stype competition). He's probably already won them. =p
Look on the bright side Fein, looking exactly like Wes means your a heart throb bro!
If you ever want to date Rui...
I take it that they have weird fighting traditions that involves shoes just like a law involving left arms?
Just in case, but said shoe-throwing is actually the result of something Silva did late in the previous chapter, involving itching powder. ;p
*SHOCKER* that Johnson actually thinks people are strange. Are you sure that Johnson hasn't been this smart all along?
HE IS THE TRUE LEADER OF CIPHER
I'm think Dakim should be a playable character in the next street fighter or soulcaliber.
That... would actually be interesting to see. Pokemon characters in a fighting game.
Hariyama-infinity; Dakim and Andrew-0,

When Wes learns of this, Hariyama is going to get some kind of reward I bet.
Like a rare candy! Those have a lot of experience points!
Okay he can't swim? Does that mean his red bro hates fire and the green is afraid of nature?
Yes. They also hate blood and sppf. =p
What's gyrados' finishing move? *loving the MK reference by the way*
BLARRRRAAAGH-lity.
Can you leave an explaination at the end of the story telling us what's up with the orre arm thing?
That may take too long to explain. =p
"So you want to see some action...", wait what? He's not playing number one by Hazel Fernandez? But, that's how I know stuff's about to go down in bleach and somebody's gonna get f'ed.
Miror B is too cool for Bleach. Heck the manga he was in was very short lived!
Do the monkey! wait this isn't johnny bravo? Oh well, can we expect to read your description of the wes dance and miror b. performing it in the next chapter?
The Wes dance is actually a loose reference to the 'Wess' (two s) dance, which is my name for a dance performed by a character called Wess in the game Mother 3. If you check my signature over at pokecommunity you'll see a gif of that dance.
That ends my review...for now. Wait, there wasn't any TOM in this chapter. That better change in the next one too. Anyway can't wait to see how this all ends in your version.
Tom has not been forgotten. =p
Never saw Dakim as the artistic type....... oh well

anyway great chapter and excellent connection of plot points

the final battle awaits

plus really hopeing for an XD fic squel
Dakim likes to try new things, is all I can say. XD Glad you enjoyed it though! And keep hoping for I'm not decided on that nor will be for some time. =p

*weeps*
so little left

I hope there is a sucsessor or however you spell that.

great though

;(
You're supposed to laugh not cry! D=

;p
I'm debating whether I'm happy or sad, but I think is just happiness and pre-nostalgia, It's really hard to see an awesome fic end! But anyways there's no time for crying, just time for cheering.

Well anyways one the things I love the most are Haryama's interruptions, I've got to say he's very funny, and I really love Umbreon's random comments.

Well the only other thing I can say is I'm really, really looking forward to the final chapter.
Imagoine how I feel about nearing the end then, haha. Hopefully at any rate the last chapter will also be entertaining.

great job...

As said earlier, the fic will be done within 2 months most likely from whenever I last said that. =p To be more specific, at least one of those is likely to appear in feb.

I'm going to need much more than a cookie to do an XD fic just like that as well. =p
Just a few things I noticed. That should be "out of reach."

I think you either mean "in particular" or "particularly" here. Also Rui has Suicune? Nice.
Cheers for those corrections! And yes, I felt it was a decnt way to bring Suicune into the final place. Besides, Wes already has six main Pokemon including Entei.
I think the others got the rest. So, this fic is almost over. Whatever you write next, be it a Gale of Darkness fic or something else, I hope it's just as crazy.
I think I might have a bit of trouble matching the events of this one, but we shall see! I do have a bunch of other fic ideas too lying around already, I may add.
It was more of wishful thinking on my part.

Ah, I meant that I didn't see a possible shipping fic, until after this one is done, if you ever did do a shipping fic. I didn't mean that this one would never end. I think I left out a comma or two which would have made by true meaning more apparent. I didn't expect to have a new chapter (and one so long) so soon however; it's a nice treat. Good luck with the rest, can't wait.
Fair enough. And thanks for the luck!

Keep them coming! ;p

Blue Astra

Icy blue
Nobody does. =p

Poor Nascour

Behind Evice, there was Greevil. Behind Greevil is… Johnson? Pyrite Town’s policeman with an IQ not higher than a snails’ is the head of Cipher and… moreover is oblivious to this? JK. Nice 1st April joke. Or not…? D=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotomknight

great job...

As said earlier, the fic will be done within 2 months most likely from whenever I last said that. =p To be more specific, at least one of those is likely to appear in feb.

I'm going to need much more than a cookie to do an XD fic just like that as well. =p

Two cookies? Three cookies? A billion of cookies? JK, but I think we’re pressing you on this too much. :( Fans can have a horribly huge influence sometimes. Remember Conan Doyle?

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
why are you referencing conan doyle: author of sherlock holmes?

????

Blue Astra

Icy blue
why are you referencing conan doyle: author of sherlock holmes?

After some time of writing about Sherlock Holmes, he got tired and decided to stop. So, he decided to write a story where Sherlock Holmes dies at the hands of his worst enemy, Moriarty. But because his fans wouldn’t let him in peace, he had to “resurrect” him.

Look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Conan_Doyle and
http://www.siracd.com/work_h_death.shtml

It’s just that I sometimes get the notion that we press on b&b too much about the XD sequel, that’s all. Although, I agree, it would be nice to see one :)

Rotomknight

THE GREATEST TRAINER
so true....

both things

yanma must evolve.

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
You sure want Yanma to evolve.
I find the idea of a coffee-addicted Yanmega funny. I like the idea of people just giving it coffee out of fear that it will do them bodily harm and/or the idea of Yanmega threatening to do people bodily harm if it doesn't get coffee.

Tom has not been forgotten. =p
ALL RIGHT!

You're right!

Here's fifty trillion cookies.

Last edited:

celestial phantom

Originally Posted by Bob&Bill

I knew it

Miror B is too cool for Bleach. Heck the manga he was in was very short lived!
Your right not even ichigo could defeat that much win. He was in a manga???!!! :O

That may take too long to explain. =p

Well looks like i'm going to visit orre for a while and do research.

Originally Posted by Blue Astra
It’s just that I sometimes get the notion that we press on b&b too much about the XD sequel, that’s all. Although, I agree, it would be nice to see one.

Your right some of us do push the XD sequal a bit far on B&B(not that I do), but after reading this, I actually feel compelled to do an XD fic of my own now although there is less win in XD than colosseum, so i'd have to be really good at making random pointless stuff funny.

celestial phantom

Actually, I wanted to know where the law of possibly losing your left came from. Now re-reading that chapter also the threat of yodelling puppet theatre for not double battling. I get that it said that they wanted his left arm when he started snagging just for basic crime but I would like how you came up with the idea. Also, if i did an XD fic of my own would be cool if I say, used the way you portrayed miror b. cuz i never really saw him as trying to take back a position of power as it seemed pointless. An XD version of him stealing shadow pokes from cipher and trying to stop their ressurection on his own terms and in a funny manner would be funnier. I'm just asking since nothing he did would be used or anything but i would have gotten the idea to use him in a funny type manner from you B&B you know with possible plagiarism and all i should get permission. I would do my best to turn him to my own style but its just the idea of his funniness and comedic antics is what i would try to get at.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Behind Evice, there was Greevil. Behind Greevil is… Johnson? Pyrite Town’s policeman with an IQ not higher than a snails’ is the head of Cipher and… moreover is oblivious to this? JK. Nice 1st April joke. Or not…? D=
It's not April the first yet. ;p
Two cookies? Three cookies? A billion of cookies? JK, but I think we’re pressing you on this too much. Fans can have a horribly huge influence sometimes. Remember Conan Doyle?
Yeah, I guess it is a touch much with the surprising amount of questions about an XD fic, but I guess also it was only to be expected. *shrug* Just that I have a lot of other ideas as well for different sorts of stories. Who knows, maybe they could turn out even better? =p
Your right not even ichigo could defeat that much win. He was in a manga???!!! :O
Yes; it was an adaptation of Colosseum. Not many pages exist on the internet and it didn't last long (not sure if it meant to either). But Miror B appeared in it for a bit complete with lipstick. The scariest part of the manga though is actually Duking. ._. (I wonder if anyone knows why I say that?)

Also, if i did an XD fic of my own would be cool if I say, used the way you portrayed miror b. cuz i never really saw him as trying to take back a position of power as it seemed pointless. An XD version of him stealing shadow pokes from cipher and trying to stop their ressurection on his own terms and in a funny manner would be funnier. I'm just asking since nothing he did would be used or anything but i would have gotten the idea to use him in a funny type manner from you B&B you know with possible plagiarism and all i should get permission. I would do my best to turn him to my own style but its just the idea of his funniness and comedic antics is what i would try to get at.
If you just mean 'him fighting Cipher in XD' as a thing to take then that is fine (and kinda, imo, implied by the game too, although his motivation differs a bit).

Blue Astra

Icy blue
It's not April the first yet. ;p
EEK! FLEE, FLEE TO THE MOUNTAINS PEOPLE! JOHNSON WITH HIS ARMY OF BOUNCING MAGIKARPS ARE COMING!

Yeah, I guess it is a touch much with the surprising amount of questions about an XD fic, but I guess also it was only to be expected. *shrug* Just that I have a lot of other ideas as well for different sorts of stories. Who knows, maybe they could turn out even better? =p
Let’s hope :) and good luck! And we the fans are always waiting…

Yes; it was an adaptation of Colosseum. Not many pages exist on the internet and it didn't last long (not sure if it meant to either). But Miror B appeared in it for a bit complete with lipstick. The scariest part of the manga though is actually Duking. ._. (I wonder if anyone knows why I say that?)
You mean the “Snatcher Leo” manga? If yes, then what was so scary about him? Is it because of him being portrayed like an… “oversized muscle-bag” with shut eyes? There where he’s just more muscle pumped than he should? Huge hands, small head? Like a gorilla?

celestial phantom

Yeah that's exactly what i was going to do with him remaining good and fights along side the xd main character against the newly revived cipher. It would be so much of a better story that way. Heck I already know i'm having Wes and maybe Rui make an appearance just for the sake that they weren't in XD and it would give me closure, but just wanted to know if i could use miror b. in that way, so thanks.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
You mean the “Snatcher Leo” manga? If yes, then what was so scary about him? Is it because of him being portrayed like an… “oversized muscle-bag” with shut eyes? There where he’s just more muscle pumped than he should? Huge hands, small head? Like a gorilla?
Yes. He had muscles coming out of his muscles. =(
Heck I already know i'm having Wes and maybe Rui make an appearance just for the sake that they weren't in XD
I think a lot of people, myself included, were annoyed they only appeared in the game by very vague reference. =(

As for chapter progress, it is going steadily and already at ~ 13 pages! How long it ends up is another matter. =p Plus the whole editing process.

celestial phantom

Originally posted by BobandBill
I think a lot of people, myself included, were annoyed they only appeared in the game by very vague reference. =(

As for chapter progress, it is going steadily and already at ~ 13 pages! How long it ends up is another matter. =p Plus the whole editing process.

Alright this sounds like it will be a smashing (yes i feel like digging into british slangs past) chapter to read. And yeah, i played the game really expecting that somewhere in the after story you face wes as a last boss of sorts, but no they get a vague reference and not even a statue for their efforts (hey that'd be great for them B&B to be tossed randomly in this last chapter) so i say screw spoilers they're apart of it, but the question will be when and how many appearances? Oooo i think i have a great idea for some part of the after story in my xd fic for them. I can say this is gonna be fun for the next year or so in my book.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
Yes. He had muscles coming out of his muscles. =(

I kinda was too, but if you think about Wes, he really wasn't one for the limelight, and he's still somewhat of an idol in Orre. Outside of being maybe an advisor of sorts, why would he stick around in the Orre region, anyway? Rui's noit from there, Gonzap's still interested in killing him, Rui's not there, Cipher's interested in killing him when they resurface, let's see, anything else important giving him reason to leave? Oh, yeah. The girl.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Uh... I also feel now that we're talking more about XD than this current fic. Which is not about XD. =p So if you want to discuss stuff about XD then feel free to toss me a VM, but let's keep the reviews on the fic itself please.

(Wes in the region or not by then, to not even mention him by name is 'blah', imo).

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
But punching solves problems!

Congrats to Makuhita (Hariyama) for evolving!

And hee hee... it was great to get to see Miror B. and his Ludicolo kick some *** there in that last chapter. :D

Only Espeon and Umbreon were not seemingly outraged at the mere presence of the scientist before him, while Yanma merely continued to ramble to itself about the wonders of coffee and its own ability to fly faster than coffee.
...Of course you know I now have to wonder just how fast coffee would fly if it could.

“Golbat!” (I vant to suck vour blood!) the Golbat shouted at the group as his tongue hung out of his mouth and left a small puddle of drool on the ground.
Well that's just nasty. :| You go back and clean that up the first chance you get, Golbat.

“Yanma!” (This-is-not-coffee-this-is-pain-I-don’t-like-pain-it-is-painful!)
Yes Yanma, many things are not coffee.

Also, by Yanma's reasoning, I suppose coffee is coffeeful?

Who goes there? Makuhita thought suddenly as he became aware of Wes’s psyche, raising a hand to his head as he pondered if he should punch himself or not to make it go away.
Makuhita, you are a beautiful soul.

Hey-I-can-hear-thoughts-that-is-so-cool-it’s-just-like-talking-only-it’s-thinking-I-wish-coffee-could-do-that!
Oh, you think you want that. Really, if you knew what coffee actually thinks of you, you'd... probably have managed to zip off to your next caffeine fix fast enough to actually escape the coffee's thoughts somehow. So hmm.

That-man-gives-coffee-I-like-that-person-you-should-give-him-a-hug-I-can-fly!
Yanma doesn't really have trains of thought so much as disconnected toy train cars of thought being thrown downstairs in no particular order by an overcaffeinated toddler.

(Why are you suddenly telling me to ‘Jam jam Singapore the ropes are singing ever since the watermelon...?)
Well why wouldn't he?

“Well, allow me to make it more interesting, gentlemen!” Ein smiled savagely. “Thunderbolt the fools!” The legendary Pokémon obliged with a thunderous roar and ejected a ball of dazzlingly bright electricity.
I am now helplessly imagining Ein going around spicing up boring situations in the most *** way possible.

“Hey, Nascour, can I have a new Entei?” Dakim asked.

“No,” he replied coldly.

“Aw,” Dakim complained.
Oh, come on, Nascour, at least let him have a little Entei plushie or something.

Es Cade sighed, watching the giant afro with a man attached to it turn the corner.
Pretty apt description of the guy. Miror B. really is like a vehicle for his hair, much like a parasect is for its giant-*** mushroom.

“Gross,” (Charging Hyper Beam,) it continued.
Heh, I like how, out of context, it can look like Metagross is, in actuality, responding to something being gross by preparing to hyper beam it into oblivion. Drop a bit of sandwich on the floor and Metagross'll remove the mess by removing an entire section of floor. Overkill is awesome.

“Oh, I am the great Silva!” he shouted as he ripped off his moustache, only to wince and shout in pain and hop about awkwardly, clutching at his mouth.
Pfffffff nice one, Silva. XD

“Oh. That’s fair enough then,” Nascour said, as he petted the peon on the head. He then observed his hand which was now silver and wet.

“Yeah man, I painted his hair too!” Dakim said.
Anyone thinking about enrolling in the Dakim School of Cosmetology might want to reconsider.

“Wait, why are we meeting them head-on?” Nascour frowned.
Thank you, Nascour, for causing me to start hearing the Phantasy Star IV battle music. :B

Dakim meanwhile moved to another fountain and uprooted its statue, ignoring the water spurting out of the glass structure that soaked the lower part of his pants.

“Hari!” (I can do that too!)
It's a good thing that he then proceeded to grab something (or, well, someone, in his case) up, thus indicating what it was that he could do just as Dakim does. Otherwise Hariyama might have actually been saying that he too can make it look as though he wet his pants. Or that he can actually wet his pants.

I don't think Hariyama wears pants, but that's beside the point, and the point's basically just a big ol' cone made of silliness anyway, so yeah.

“Yes, you are the one who defeated me long ago, Wes!” Bluno continued, shouting as he waved his hands about wildly and walked towards him. “But today I will-” His speech was abruptly ended as a door he had passed suddenly flew open and sent him flying with a loud splash into the moat.
XD

“What? No, that’s not fair!” Skrub cried as the two Pokémon leapt on the shell Pokémon and unleashed a flurry of attacks. “Stop them!” he ordered his Wobbuffet, but the tall blue Pokémon merely continued applying lipstick. Realising that her lips had now been done, she then moved to the rest of her face, scrawling scribbles of pink on the back of her head.
Nobody has style even approaching that of a wobbuffet. Nobody.

Startled, the Graveler decided against its attack and instead leapt behind the Wobbuffet, narrowly escaping the attack which struck the Psychic type instead, knocking the lipstick out of its arm. It frowned and picked up the tube, and then glowed a bright white colour and sent what remained of the burst of water back at Feraligatr at twice the speed it had been fired, successfully striking the large Pokémon who grimaced as he was hit.
I like how she's just kinda >:/ about the whole thing as she mirror coats him. XD Wobbuffet are awesome.

“Aha, my Medicham has retur- you’re not Medicham,” Skrub said as a bald man entered the room.
XD I love how he says that.

“Nobody,” Miror B interjected, “I repeat, nobody, messes with the hair.”
In addition to sending the host powerful signals to feed it and to propagate its fluffy species, the hairasite also commands its host to defend it at all costs.