• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Return of... Team Blazing Iron!! (PO MonoType Steel)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So, it's been a while since I've used this team, and I figured with all the MonoType teams I've been seeing recently I'd repost this for new perspectives and ratings. It's been slightly tweaked since I first made it like two months ago, and it performs great in the current MonoType metagame. (Although if PO ever updates and bans Genesect, I'm screwed...)

Anyways, here's Team Blazing Iron, peaked at about #27 on MonoType (after that I just gave up lol, I'm going for #1 again)

227.gif

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Defence, 252 HP, 4 Attack
-Whirlwind
-Stealth Rock
-Brave Bird
-Roost

Standard physical wall Skarmory opens my team as my lead (normally). Stealth Rock is my hazard of choice on Skarmory, as I find his lopsided Defences make him an unreliable Spikes carrier. Whirlwind lets him phase opponents and screw with set-up sweepers, while Brave Bird stops Infernape from 6-0ing me and prevents me from being Taunt bait. Roost heals him and lets him stall out things like Electivire's Thunderpunch or random Wild Charges.

598.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP, 88 Defence, 168 Sp. Def
-Leech Seed
-Thunder Wave
-Power Whip
-Spikes

Ferrothorn is my utility guy. Leech Seed is great for healing both Ferrothorn and his teammates, and screws with Blissey and co. while Spikes are my hazards of choice because Skarmory's carrying Stealth Rock. I could reverse the two, but I find Ferrothorn gets more Spikes up than Skarmory normally. Thunder Wave screws with switch-ins, and makes Infernape a little more manageable. Power Whip smacks bulky Waters like Jellicent (if it doesn't carry Will O' Wisp) and Gastrodon, and generally goes nice with Heatran.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Timid
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Flame Charge

Meet the monster that is Flame Charge Heatran. With resistances/immunities to 12 out of 17 types (13 if Air Balloon is intact), Heatran forces so many switches it's not even funny. As I come in on something that's pretty much guaranteed to switch out I fire off a Flame Charge, allowing me to outspeed and often KO the switch-in. Fire Blast is a sturdy STAB attack that scorches anything neutral to it, with Earth Power blasting opposing Fire types and Dragon Pulse hitting Dragons. I use Dragon Pulse because standard Heatran carrys HP Ice, meaning I outspeed it by 1 point.

376.gif

Metagross @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Agility
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Ice Punch

Metagross is pure destruction. Massive Attack and respectable Bulk leaves one only wanting in the Speed department, so naturally, AgiliGross is a devastating sweeper that can and will tear apart unprepared teams. Agility is pretty self-explanatory, after a single Agility he outspeeds all unboosted threats and a fair selection of Scarf'ers. Meteor Mash is a sturdy STAB attack with a chance to boost his Attack. Earthquake hits opposing Steel types and Fire types, with Ice Punch getting Ground types, especially things like Landorus.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Sp. Def, 252 HP, 4 Attack
-Thunder Wave
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Water Pulse

If Sabeye is the Troll King, then Jirachi is the Troll Queen. I chose Thunder Wave over Body Slam because I can't afford to miss out on Paralysis on something like Infernape. Water Pulse adds to the hax with a 40% confusion rate. A confused, paralyzed opponent that gets hit by Iron Head only has like a 15% chance to move, which is great for me. Wish brings Jirachi and her team some decent healing.

649-burn.gif

Genesect @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Rock Polish
-Hidden Power (Ground)
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

I never understood why ScarfSect was so popular. ScarfSect doesn't sweep teams. this thing sweeps teams. After a single Rock Polish he outspeeds pretty much everything in the game. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam form the BoltBeam combo that we're all familiar with. Now... Hidden Power (Ground)... Who runs Hidden Power (Ground)? Someone who's deathly afraid of opposing Fire types. Hidden Power (Ground) hits opposing Heatran for an OHKO while Hidden Power (Water) 2HKO's. If I get the Sp. Atk boost with this thing, my opponent can kiss his *** goodbye.

So that's it, I'll post an importable later when I get the time, in the mean time feel free to rate/comment/suggest stuff.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Full rate later, go 252hp 176def 80sp.def impish on skarm, and may i suggest a mixed slow attacker gross?

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Zen Headbutt > Meteor Mash, so you can beat Water tyoes easier. Generally better coverage too. Love the Genesect ;)

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Scarf Genesect was popular because it was an amazing revenge killer and scout, not as a sweeper (my Misdreavus stopped it in its tracks, though).