• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The return of the VS. Seeker, the solution to the lack of wild Pokemon battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So the most controversial feature easily has to be the lack of wild Pokemon battles. I can understand why people are angry about this, having to waste their Pokedollars on Pokeballs constantly and fill up their PC boxes in less than a week just to grind their Pokemon. At the same time, GameFreak is insistent that they will never give up this change. So I feel their's an easy solution to this that they can easily put in the Let's Go titles as part of a patch/free DLC! The VS. Seeker that will allow you to grind and train to your heart's desire against Pokemon Trainers! Also it just makes a lot of sense lore-wise that you'd be likely to train more against other trainers than Pokemon.

Vs_Seeker_obtain.png

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
There was this other video that was shared on the forums here, link, and from it it looks like EXP from trainer battles has been nerfed quite heavily. For instance at around 4:05 level 7 Pikachu defeats level 4 Rattata, that should normally give 41 EXP in a trainer battle according to the Alola EXP rates, yet here it only gives 16 EXP. On the other hand the EXP for catching pokémon seems to be very high. I don't think it'd be worth it grinding on trainers with a VS Seeker, it'd take too long initiating battle every time and keeping on running around recharging it and tossing that coin flip to hope you can get another battle for such low EXP rates.

So it looks like the most efficient way to train your pokémon will simply be to let them do nothing while you actually catch other pokémon yourself.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There was this other video that was shared on the forums here, link, and from it it looks like EXP from trainer battles has been nerfed quite heavily. For instance at around 4:05 level 7 Pikachu defeats level 4 Rattata, that should normally give 41 EXP in a trainer battle according to the Alola EXP rates, yet here it only gives 16 EXP. On the other hand the EXP for catching pokémon seems to be very high. I don't think it'd be worth it grinding on trainers with a VS Seeker, it'd take too long initiating battle every time and keeping on running around recharging it and tossing that coin flip to hope you can get another battle for such low EXP rates.

So it looks like the most efficient way to train your pokémon will simply be to let them do nothing while you actually catch other pokémon yourself.
Ah. That's a bummer. Might as well create a easy version of the Poke Pelago training island while your away doing something else.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I just realized that you made this thread after I posted responding to this, so I deleted my post and moved it here.

I used to really want the VS Seeker to come back into the games since I used it to train mons to level 100 back in Leafgreen and Pearl. But now I realize that it would likely spend more time to train this way than compared to just going to the League, so I don’t really care anymore whether it comes back or not.

Sabre_King

When I first saw this thread I think what the point may have been was getting the cash from trainer battles to buy more poke balls, at least that’s how I interpreted it, you can correct me if I am wrong. I think this would be a good idea for the game so that way your Pokémon probably level up throughout the game.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't know if I expect the Vs. Seeker to be present in LG: P/E however, because these games are based on Yellow version, not FR/LG. Still, it would definitely aid in leveling up.

Creyk

They should have never removed the vs seeker from the games once they were put it in the first place honestly

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I've been waiting for the VS Seeker's return since Gen 5. But for some reason, I feel like I won't be seeing its return until Gen 8 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.