• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Review Game

Firebrand

Indomitable
ok i fixed it up is that ok now?

http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=13944070&postcount=146

if so can the someody review chapter 7 of The Human Pokemon link in sig
Again, no. In the first post, I specified the minimum requirements for each review. However, in case you somehow missed it:

For Stories Depth, your review needs to fulfill these requirements, otherwise you will not be seen as someone who has fulfilled their obligation and you can thus not participate. (meaning, you will not be given a review in return).

REVIEW REQUIREMENTS:
Choose at least four of these eleven and comment upon with at least two sentences. Comments like "That was totally cool, update!" or "I want to read more" does not constitute as a sentence that is to be counted, in this case. This doesn't mean you can't put it in the review, just don't count it as a point.

Also, each sentence must comment on something different in the area. For example, 'I really enjoyed the piece. I thought it was very enjoyable' does not count as two sentences. "I really enjoyed the piece. It was enjoyable because I could relate to the characters' is acceptable.
So... here are some prompts for reviews. It does not need to come from this list, if you see something else worth commenting on. These are merely here as a guide.

- Opening (did it make you want to read onwards? Did it lack a hook? How so?)

- Ending (did it make you want to read onwards? Did you feel closure? Unfinished? How so?)

- Scene (what stood out to you in a particular scene? Was it good or bad? How so?)

- Dialogue (how did it flow? Awkward? Didn't fit the age group that were speaking? Forced? How so?)

- Characters (too empty? Not enough to give an impression? Feel sympathetic? How so?)

- Relationships (is it credible that those two characters behave the way they do? Too unnatural? Forced? How so?)

- Writing (too flowery? Too many adverbs? Too oldfashioned for a high-school drama romance? Perfect match? How so?)

- Spelling/Grammar (anything that stuck out and needed to be corrected?) Note: Pointing out an absence of flaws does not count.

- Enjoyment (how did you feel from reading this and WHY? Were you dozing off? On your seat with suspense? How so?)

- Plot (clichéd but well done? Interesting idea but poor execution? Suggestions on how to thicken it? Got no idea where it's heading, but interesting anyhow? How so?)

- Pace (are things progressing too slowly? If so, what should happen?)

- Techniques (how well you feel the techniques were used to convey the ideas in the story? How they were used an what effect it gave to that part of the story?)

- Other (anything you felt was left out from the other commentaries? Any areas you think weren't covered by the above categories?)

Note: Summary and/or title is not a category of its own. Neither is descriptions. The latter belongs to "Writing".
---

REVIEW TEMPLATE
Here is a suggested way to format your review in order make sure it fits the qualifications. Again, doesn't really have to be this way, but it helps keep thoughts in order.

[Area 1 from above] = Two sentences about this
[Area 2 from above] = Two sentences about this
[Area 3 from above] = Two sentences about this
[Area 4 from above] = Two sentences about this

If your review can meet these requirements, I will count it.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
I believe I finally made a suitable review of Forsaken, so can someone review "Colony 9.0"? The link's in my sig.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
I believe I finally made a suitable review of Forsaken, so can someone review "Colony 9.0"? The link's in my sig.

Done. :) Nice chapter, treeko's awesomeness. Hahah. Now, if anyone would be up to it, I'd love for the first chapter of my new fic, The Villain, to be reviewed since I'm interested to see what others might think of the concept. :p Link is located here.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Though I didn't say explicitly it was because of the review game, here it is.

Okie-dokie, who's going to be the next brave reader? (Really, any of the first few chapters will do, I'm not that big of a nag.) Sorry I keep plaguing everyone with this, but I have of yet to write (well, finish) anything new. If you want me to stop bugging people about it, FeralNinja, stop me let me know, and I'll stray from the thread until I write something else. But this is such a great thread, I don't want to see it fade into obscurity.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Reviewed chapter one of Forsaken. I intend to return for followup reviews of later chapters.

I would like to once again request reviews of The Victory Star of Fate. Any chapter or chapters, though the more the better, obviously.

flameswy

Lord of Light
I have reviewed judgement day, and would very much appreciate some one reviewing symbiosis for me.

:)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Because I don't want this thread to die, I went ahead to review Symbiosis. Apologies if it sounds harsh, but I did give reasons.

Le gasp, a change of story?! That's right, you don't get to review Forsaken this time! Instead, I have a one-shot. It's short, so it shouldn't take too long, but it's a Whisper of the Heart one-shot. I suggest seeing the movie first if you haven't already and you're interested. But if you're familiar with the movie, review away! I stepped outside of my comfort zone a little bit writing it, so I wanted to see how well I did.

Entrustment

On request, Entrustment is off-limits, so looks like you're all going to be stuck with Forsaken for a long time X3. Who wants to be the brave soul?

Naaaaw, the first few chapters will work.

Last edited:

Firebrand

Indomitable
An off topic post to bump this: there's been a change to the rules, I've decided to restrict the review requests to only pokemon fics. I'm sorry if people feel this is discriminatory, but it's the only way to keep the forum from dying out.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Finally participating in this game! Forsaken hath been reviewed!

Anyone game for reviewing LC? Just 1 - 2 chapters of it? Click the banner in mah sig if interested!

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

katiekitten

The Compromise
Read Possession! Such a good read, I just got dragged in - you write horror very well m'dear :3

If someone could read either the second or third or fourth chapter of 'Ember Days'? Link in my signature - odd request, I know, but I'm not that fond of the first chapter, and despise the prologue. xD Will be revising it at some point when I have the chance...! They only introduce the main character and insinuate a theme or two that are developed in the later chapters. Probably better if you start from the second, as the others won't make sense without it. x3

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Tackled the second. Will be back for the third and fourth later. o>

Meanwhile, to the next person, my fic, Anima Ex Machina, is in le sig. Note of caution: it's effing long. However! I recently (as in today) edited the first five chapters, so new readers, feel free to tackle any number you'd like at the beginning. To my old readers, the twenty-eighth (!!) chapter will be up either tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Or if you'd like something shorter, Mary Sue Must Die! is only a chapter long so far, but it'll receive a new one soon. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I just finished reviewing Angel of Reckoning!

Anyone up for LC now? Read as far as you're willing to (it's not very far yet), though I request at least making it through Chapter 1 since the prologue is, well...a prologue. Click the banner in my sig to get to it.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
EDIT: I also reviewed Operation GEAR: Angel of Reckoning, but while I was reading/reviewing it, Chibi Pika changed this topic, so to whomever is next here: just review Chibi Pika's story since she beat me to it. :)

Last edited: