• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Review Game

Drippy Miltank

Journeyman Breeder
Here is my review of Spinning Wheels, great read by the way. I would like someone to look at my chapter fic Embrace. So far, I got the prologue and first chapter done, so it's not that long.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
All right. HERE is my review of the prologue and first chapter of Embrace. They were like night-and-day, and I hope the rest of the story tends more towards the way chapter one went! I will check back in when you update!

I'm not going to ask anyone to review Brothers' Bond, don't worry. I have a one-shot up called "The Last Meowth" that I'd love some thoughts on. It can be found right here.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

Scaldaver

Limitless
Here you are, gotpika.

Mine is in the sig. The more recent chapters if possible.

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Could someone give me a review for chapter 1 of My Feli Chronicles: Vitandes? It is found at my signature.

Every chapter of my original story has been edited from everything I've learned at the author's cafe. I have 20 chapters currently edited and finished

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Could someone give me a review for chapter 1 of My Feli Chronicles: Vitandes? It is found at my signature.

Every chapter of my original story has been edited from everything I've learned at the author's cafe. I have 20 chapters currently edited and finished

You did this same exact thing back on page 6 where you just came in here, ignored the rules, and asked for a review without giving one of your own. It was, like, 3 months ago. Come on, man.

Anyway, here is my review of Requiem: Right here..

I'm going to leave Requiem up for review because of three reasons:

1) It's really good, and new people should read it!

2) Jireh tried to undercut Sidewinder's turn.

3) I read Requiem every chapter anyway, so I don't feel my review counts. :)

So go read Requiem: Here!

Firebrand

Indomitable
Whoa, Sid, hold up there for a sec. You gave a review, fair and square. Requiem got a review as requested, and the undercut was dealt with swiftly and without mucking up the workings. So, your turn. Just let people know what to review.

As to jireh:
Sid's right. You did this before. This game is all about equal exchange. You want a review? You got to give one first. I'm not going to go over the rules, they're clearly laid out in the first post. Go read them before you come back again.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
:( I feel bad; I was going to review Requiem whether Sidewinder posted here or not because he and I are doing the Review Exchange, so I feel like he didn't gain anything from the Review Game. The only reason I replied to bring his turn back up was so jireh didn't cost him his turn.

If I HAVE to choose a story of my own, I do still want some reviews on The Last Meowth (HERE).

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Whoa, Sid, hold up there for a sec. You gave a review, fair and square. Requiem got a review as requested, and the undercut was dealt with swiftly and without mucking up the workings. So, your turn. Just let people know what to review.

As to jireh:
Sid's right. You did this before. This game is all about equal exchange. You want a review? You got to give one first. I'm not going to go over the rules, they're clearly laid out in the first post. Go read them before you come back again.

Though ... I just ... dont know which story to review first? I'll just try to hunt for one in here to review.

So let me recall as to how I SHOULD TO THIS MECHANIC.
a. before I ask for a review, I should REVIEW another's work first (which must be the latest responder you should review. Look, the rules posted here felt a bit vague for me. okay? more details? cause the details didn't clear portions of the rule.)
b. Once I did the complex review for every chapter, THEN I ASK FOR A REVIEW! gosh.

Look guys, this is how I interpreted the rules assigned here back then.
a. request for a review.
b. Once you got a review from someone, then review his work.
c. repeat previous two steps

Dragonfree

Just me
This is very simple. If you want to participate in the game, you have to first review the last person who posted, and then the next person who posts will review your work (not the person you reviewed, unless they happen to also post after you). That way it goes in a chain: everyone who writes a review will get a review, with nobody left cold because someone doesn't reciprocate. This sentence of the first post of the thread should make this abundantly clear:

Feralninja said:
NOTE: Before you post here asking for a review, you must first write/post the review for the story ahead of you. You can't "claim" a spot. Go, write the review, and then post here saying you did it, and you will become next in line.

Also, no, you don't have to review every chapter. One review game post gets you a review of one chapter. If the next person in the review game hasn't read the preceding chapters, they'll generally review the first chapter, or if the author thinks a later chapter can stand on its own, they can instruct the next person to just read that chapter and give their impressions of it alone.

Last edited:

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
This is very simple. If you want to participate in the game, you have to first review the last person who posted, and then the next person who posts will review your work. That way it goes in a chain: everyone who writes a review will get a review, with nobody left cold because someone doesn't reciprocate. This sentence of the first post of the thread should make this abundantly clear:

Also, no, you don't have to review every chapter. One review game post gets you a review of one chapter. If the next person in the review game hasn't read the preceding chapters, they'll generally review the first chapter, or if the author thinks a later chapter can stand on its own, they can instruct the next person to just read that chapter and give their impressions of it alone.

Dude. I just found out your old story was the one I read 2 years ago. here's my review. So ... could you review any chapter of my original story (it will bring you there by clicking the picture of the signature)?
please tell me I did it right this time?

Dragonfree

Just me
@_@ I didn't review anyone; I only replied to try to clarify things, which I apparently failed at. You should be reviewing the last person who posted saying they'd reviewed something, not just anyone who posted last with anything. Which you actually did, because I see you've reviewed The Last Meowth by Sid87, so you're done. Whoever posts next (not me, because again I'm only replying to try to clarify things to you; the game should ignore me entirely because I didn't post a review) will now have to review your fic, so all you have to do now is wait.

Thanks for the review, though! Sorry I wasn't clearer.

(And once somebody has reviewed you and posted in the thread, you can at any point review the last fic posted in the thread by someone who's done a review and post again, if you want to get another review.)

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
All right. HERE is my review of the prologue and first chapter of Embrace. They were like night-and-day, and I hope the rest of the story tends more towards the way chapter one went! I will check back in when you update!

I'm not going to ask anyone to review Brothers' Bond, don't worry. I have a one-shot up called "The Last Meowth" that I'd love some thoughts on. It can be found right here.

Thanks!

I just finished reviewing your oneshot. It is pretty nice. Stories with innocent yung people are charming. Are you okay to review any of my chapters of Feli Chronicles Vitandes (click the picture from my signature)?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Here's my review for the prologue and chapter one of Feli Chronicles.

As for me, as always I'll give a choice between a Pokemon fic and a non-Pokemon fic.

Pokemon Fic: With Me Always (Oneshot, G, ~1,600 words)

OR

Slayers Fic: Burn (Oneshot, PG, ~2,200 words)

Here's some relevant Slayers background if you're the kind of stellar individual who hasn't seen Slayers, but is willing to read a fic from it anyway (skippable):

The world of Slayers is one of swords and sorcery, gods and monsters. The gods (and their earthly servants, golden dragons) hope to save the world, while the monster try to destroy it.

Lina is a teenaged sorceress. Gourry is her protector—a swordsman who cannot use magic. Zelgadis is a chimera—a combination of human, golem, and brau demon. This gives him increased magical power, but also gives him golem-like skin. He tirelessly quests to find a way to reverse his chimeraism and get his body back to normal. Amelia is the princess of Seyruun (and a shrine maiden), white-magic capital of the world. Filia is a golden dragon and former priestess. Like most high-level dragons she has the power to assume human form. Xellos is a high-level monster and he has many powers including the ability to teleport. He appears in human form.

Recovery is a basic healing spell that uses the recipient’s energy to close his or her wounds at a more rapid rate. Resurrection is a powerful healing spell that heals wounds by drawing energy from nearby life forms.

At the end of her season in the anime, Filia became the caretaker of the last Ancient Dragon in existence.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Here's my review for you Pokeshipping one shot. learn more in my review why I prefer pokemon over humans as protagonists in pokefanfics

Would it be okay for you to check out my other story? Its a bit darker from what I planned compare to my other stories so far. A pokemon centered fic this time. Probably one of my hardest projects I've planned in a fanfic

Last edited:

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Just reviewed jireh's. Can someone please review chapters 2 and 3 of Champion Alliance? You can read Chapter 1 as well if you'd like. Just click the banner to get to the story. Thanks!

Last edited:

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Just reviewed jireh's. Can someone please review chapters 2 and 3 of Champion Alliance? You can read Chapter 1 as well if you'd like. Just click the banner to get to the story. Thanks!

I gave your chapter 2 a review on Pokemon mystery Dungeon: Nomad Seekers. Its my PMD story. And it does not follow the casual PMD tale. Click the pic at my signature

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Reviewed Nomad Seekers, since I think that was the story he was referring to. It's a pretty long review, just letting you know.

All righty, um... you have two choices, I suppose. One, you could go ahead and review the first few chapters of Forsaken (or the entire thing if you're brave enough), or if you wish to go outside of the Pokémon fandom, and have seen Wreck-It Ralph or don't mind getting some spoilers, you can go ahead and review Mag Mell. Your choice.