• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Review Game

Virgil134

PMD Writer

Negrek

Lost but Seeking

unrepentantAuthor

A cat who writes stories
For my first review supplied through this thread, here's a review of the opening chapter of @Negrek's Salvage.

I hope it's considered sufficient for the standards of the thread.

I would like a review of Different Eyes. Any chapter would be appreciated, but particularly the third if that's at all possible. Cheers!

canisaries

sometimes i get a deadache, yeah
Here you go!

I'd like a review for either the first chapter (and prologue, as it's pretty short imo and I need criticism on how it fits together with the first chapter) of Seiren, or a review for my oneshot Vivarium. Note: Vivarium is longer than what I'm asking for Seiren, and it has disturbing content in it. Thanks!

Marika_CZ

Done. ;)

I would like a review of The Missing One please. It is mystery/whodunit style short story (around 10k words in total) with OC and Lillie.
If possible, make your review spoiler-free please (or just use Spoiler tag). Thank you!

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Here is my review of A Mew Me!

Can someone please review a chapter of my story, Drowning? Any chapter will do =) Link is in my signature.

canisaries

sometimes i get a deadache, yeah
First chapter reviewed!

I'd like a review on any chapter of Seiren (if you choose the first one, I request that you also read the prologue), or a review for the oneshot Vivarium (note: contains disturbing content). Thanks!

Marika_CZ

Reviewed Vivarium!

I would like a review of The Missing One please. It is mystery/whodunit style short story (around 10k words in total) with OC and Lillie.
If possible, make your review spoiler-free please (or just use Spoiler tag). Thank you!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Dropped what I hope is a thorough review of the opening part of The Missing One !

As someone who's just starting to port over my chapter fic, this is the best time as any to ask for a review of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation. Despite being PMD, I'd argue that very little PMD knowledge is required beyond basic trivia.

If you're seeing this early, chapter 1 may not be up yet. But if chapter 1 is up, feel free to review that instead -- the prologue is only 1.5k words, and chapter 1 is only 3.5k words.

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat who writes stories
@Ambyssin, I'm going to provide your review. Give me a couple weeks, but it'll be a good one. I promise.

mgrgfan

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
@mgrgfan So, the way this game works is that you can't just blindly ask for a review. You have to give a review to the current "contestant" first. Per the rules:
This is the basic structure of the Review Game:
Person 1 says: Review "Hero's Path"!
Person 2 says: Ok, I reviewed "Hero's Path", ch 1 . So can the next person please review "Ironside" or "Halvarsaga"?
Person 3 says: Done (I did "Halvarsaga", chapter 4), so can the next person review "Dark Pawn"? Thanks.
NOTE: Before you post here asking for a review, you must first write/post the review for the story ahead of you. You can't "claim" a spot. Go, write the review, and then post here saying you did it, and you will become next in line.

So, you'd need to review the story ahead of you, from this post:
Since I've got a looooong-runner, I'll go ahead and ask for a review for any chapter of Guiding Light. If you could give me more than just a couple of sentences, I'd greatly appreciate it. ^^

mgrgfan

@mgrgfan So, the way this game works is that you can't just blindly ask for a review. You have to give a review to the current "contestant" first. Per the rules:

So, you'd need to review the story ahead of you, from this post:
Ah, forgot to hit the post button, when I've had to go away from computer for some time. Review posted.

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat who writes stories
Here's my review of GL, as promised. I didn't realise I'd been beaten to the punch, but I'm still proud to have left a fairly chunky review.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Left a review for @mgrgfan's Past of the future, future of the past... for the game!

Mine is a long-runner. If you've been keeping up with my story, I'd appreciate a review of the next chapter you read / the latest one you've read, or an overall, sweeping review of what you've read up to that point! So basically anything.

Otherwise, if you're new, what better time to start? I always love attracting some new readers. If you're new, the Act I prelude is incredibly small, so for the game, I'd be inclined to say you'd have an easier time giving something that satisfies the game requirements if you also read the first chapter.

Here it is: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Well, it looks like Chibi put in a review that easily would've fit this criteria, but since Namo's still the latest, contestant, I'm going to step in and claim this snipe in the name of my fellow people who always look over their shoulders when walking in public! it makes sense in context, i swear

Same request as last time:
Since I've got a looooong-runner, I'll go ahead and ask for a review for any chapter of Guiding Light. If you could give me more than just a couple of sentences, I'd greatly appreciate it. ^^