• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Review Game

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Left a review for Guiding Light and realised it could qualify for the review game =)

I'd like a review on either System: Reboot, which is a rather long story - I'd prefer reviews for the more recent chapters; or Pokemon:Life if you'd like to review something on the shorter end. Both are currently ongoing.

canisaries

sometimes i get a deadache, yeah
Pokemon:Life Chapter Two reviewed.

I'd like a review on the whatever the latest chapter of Hunter, Haunted is at the time of reviewing, but I'm aware that the content included (listed in first post) will turn off a lot of people, so I'm also open to a review on the latest Seiren chapter. Do note, however, that Seiren is at its ninth chapter (and past the halfway point) while HH is only at its first at the time of me posting this. Thanks!

The Walrein

Pokemon:Life Chapter Two reviewed.

I'd like a review on the whatever the latest chapter of Hunter, Haunted is at the time of reviewing, but I'm aware that the content included (listed in first post) will turn off a lot of people, so I'm also open to a review on the latest Seiren chapter. Do note, however, that Seiren is at its ninth chapter (and past the halfway point) while HH is only at its first at the time of me posting this. Thanks!

I reviewed Chapter 1 of 'Hunter, Haunted'.

I'd like a review for either Part One or Part Two of Day One of Some Average Days In a Pokemon Daycare, please! Fair warning, part one is about 10k words long and part two is about 12k words long, so if you'd rather read something shorter, I'd also accept a review for part 2 of I sold my soul to Victini, and all I won was this stupid championship. I'd really prefer the review of Daycare, though, part two in particular.

canisaries

Part One of Day One reviewed! I know I had my turn just before this one, but no one else seemed to be taking this up.

I'd like to ask again for a review on whatever is the latest chapter of Hunter, Haunted at the time of reviewing. Currently, it's Chapter Four, but Chapter Five is coming rather soon. Both fall within a range of 3-5k words.

I'm not offering an alternate fic to review this time, as Chapter Four is only teen-rated. If Five turns out mature, I'll definitely accept a review of Four if the reviewer isn't comfortable reading mature-rated fiction.

NebulaDreams

A Dense Irritating Miniature Beast of Burden
Reviewed Chapters 1-5 of Hunter, Haunted!

For that, I'd like to ask for a review of Black Paint Chapter 5, as I haven't heard a lot of comments regarding the ending to that, despite its history. The original chapter 4 was deleted due to unanimous negative reception, and replaced with a much more tonally fitting ending with an altered chapter 4 and an extended ending with chapter 5. If you're haven't read the story up until that point, it would be nice for you to catch up on it before you review the last chapter, but for those who have read up to chapters 1-3 of the original version and have been meaning to check out its revised conclusion, it's the perfect chance to do so.

canisaries

The first chapter of The Curious and The Shiny reviewed, as Nebula agreed I could review that instead of the request above, which I'd already reviewed before.

To the surprise of no one, I'd like to request another review for a chapter of Hunter, Haunted - the first chapter if you're new to the fic, and if you're returning, the next chapter of wherever you left off. If you're reviewing the first chapter, you can review either of the Prologues listed in the index along with it, but that's not required.

Do remember that this fic is rated mature, and so is its first chapter. If a need for a teen-rated alternative arises, message me and I'll think of one. Thanks in advance!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I reviewed Hunter, Haunted!

As one would expect, I'd like a review of the prologue/first chapter of The Legendarian Chronicles (link in signature). I've been revising the early chapters, so I'd like some fresh feedback.

(And to prevent stagnating the game, if you've already read LC and really want to move the game along, I'll take a review of the one-shot Damaged Goods. But otherwise, I'd prefer LC.)

Last edited:

NebulaDreams

A Dense Irritating Miniature Beast of Burden
Alright, went the extra mile and reviewed chapters 1-4 of The Legendarian Chronicles!

Now I'd like to ask for a review of this one-shot Outside the Frame. I revised it recently for the purposes of this review game, so have at it.

canisaries

Outside the Frame reviewed!

I'd like a review for my recently revised oneshot Vivarium! However, as it's quite long (9.5k words) and contains mature content, I'll also accept a review on any chapter of Seiren (counting the prologue as part of chapter 1). I really should get back to it one of these days. Thanks!

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Seiren has been reviewed, prologue and Chapter 1 with it.

I'd like a review for my pilot, Pokemon Adventures Mystery Pilot - Frozen Days please. It's only one chapter and I attempt to hopefully write shorter chapters as opposed to the usual much longer chapters I write. I want to know if the very first chapter feels like a strong hook, a strong start to grab the reader's attention that they want to read the next chapter but also gives them a good idea what the overall story might be about. Due to this. I don't mind harsh but constructive criticism. I'd also like to know my strengths from any of you guy's perspectives. It's rated E10.

mgrgfan

shoz999

I reviewed "Past of the future, future of the past..."

I'd like a review for my pilot, Pokemon Adventures Mystery Pilot - Frozen Days again please. As mentioned previously, it's only one chapter and I'm attempting to hopefully write shorter chapters as opposed to the usual much longer chapters I write. I want to know if the very first chapter feels like a strong hook to grab the reader's attention that they want to read the next chapter but also gives them a good idea what the overall story might be about. I don't mind harsh but constructive criticism and I'd like to know my strengths from any of your perspectives. It's rated E10.

Kindoflame

I reviewed Pokemon Adventures Mystery: Frozen Days and would like a review the third chapter of Generic Trainer Fan Fic. Thanks!

shoz999

I reviewed "Generic Trainer Fan Fic".

I'd like a review of a long abandoned original work I've been working on in my early to mid teen years. It has so many grammar errors lol and you can tell it is written by a noob. Ah but don't let that discourage you from using constructive criticism at it's harshest. It has no title as of now so here's the link.

Also one more thing, could you please tell me if the prologue wants to make you read more, that it's grabbed your curiosity? That is the most important aspect I want to here in a review for this.

Kindoflame

MUAHAHAHAHAAA! My evil plan is coming together!

I have already reviewed your story and now request that someone review chapter 2 of my own story.

Now shoz999, you are forced to review my story once again if you ever want to ask someone else to review your own. But as soon as you do that, I will review your story! My diabolical plan has forced into an endless cycle of reviewing my story, gaining nothing each time except a detailed and well-throughout review of your own. Truly, my evil knows no bounds!

(In all seriousness, if you do not want to keep swapping reviews through the rules of this thread, just tell me and I'll stop.)

Spiteful Murkrow

Early Game Encounter
Oh hey, we actually have an onsite Review Tag here? Let's just dust this off a bit...

snow-white-dust-gif.gif

Much better, and I've got a review up to Chapter 2 of Generic Trainer Fan Fic to try and perform a bit of necromancy, since hey. I like Review Tags in general since they're a handy way to get your work out and come across the works of others.

Speaking of which, I'd like to have a review covering at least 5,000 words of chapter content from any one of my stories linked in my signature. Or a combination thereof if you feel a need for variety. For those starting one of those stories from scratch, that would be equivalent to reading the following:

Dragonspiral's Children - The Prologue (~2900 words) and Part 1 (~5800 words, and long enough to satisfy the review condition if you already read the Prologue)

Context Switch - Part 1 (~2000 words) and Part 2 (~3600 words)

Fledglings - The Prologue (~2800 words) and Chapter 1 (~4300 words)

[NO AUDIO] - The entire one-shot (~6300 words)

Once a Thief - The Prologue (~7000 words)

Hunting Game - The entire one-shot (~9600 words)

Like a Dragon - A Guarding Dragon (~1200 words) , A Dragon's Ferocity (~2100 words), plus something shorter from one of the above options.

So yeah, lots of options for how to get to 5,000+ words to cover in a single review. Or multiple smaller ones if that's how you prefer to roll. I'll leave it to whoever picks this up next to pick their poison for how they want to get there.

Kindoflame

I wrote a review for chapter 89 of Fledgling and it only took me 4.25 hours. Please review my new story, Tribe of Mercy. Now, to sleep.