• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ribbon Cup Caper (396)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Ribbon Cup Caper

On the boat to Slateport City for the Grand Festival, Ash & Co. discover that the Ribbon Cup, the prize for the Grand Festival is on board. However when Brody of the recently disbanded Team Magma arrives and steals the Ribbon Cup. Ash & Co. must help Officer Jenny to find it and bring Brody to justice. Can they find it and get the Ribbon Cup back before they reach Slateport?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Thriller

Its almost time
Reach Slateport? What are they going there for? Is that where the GF is? Apparently Ash's competition isnt for months if there gonna have to walk all the way around to get to Ever Grande City.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
I want to see what happens when J&J call the Boss to report that Aqua and Magma have disbanded. And what happens when they try to take the credit for it.

As expected in the two-Jenny scene, Brock has no trouble telling which is the real one. I especially liked the way he threw Bannai's catchphrase ("Reality isn't limited to what you can see") back at him when announcing which was the fake.

Medea

Excalibur
Is it just me or did I see a Lady from the games (or something impersonating like Ditto) in one scene?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
We haven't had many random game trainers in the anime. Even though it was Bannai in drag, it was a great game plug.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I just saw the episode, and I noticed something interesting. Gonbe was added in the ending, both in the scene with Haruka running with all her Pokemon (Gonbe's in the back and to the side of the screen) and in the picture of all the group's Pokemon standing together. I went back and rewatched Glory Day on the episode with Masamune and Danbaru and noticed Gonbe wasn't in there, so it'd seem this change occured with this episode.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
Bannai was obviously a villain...no, a character too good to leave behind, unlike PMC. I hope we see more of him in the future. If Pokemon was a character driven anime as opposed to a product based one, there'd obviously be more than meets the eye about that Ditto boy.

Yeah I just tripped that one of his disguises WAS a random trainer from the R/S/E games. I barely see any NPC trainers you battle that appear in the anime, let's see there was the Gentleman on the St. Anne, Battle Girl Shinobu, Gisselle was a Lass (I think), there was also the Winstrate family, there's gotta be more than that because my memory's spotty.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Geodude said:
A few though, the most recent being James dressing up as the random Gentleman trainer in the Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir ep.

Yes but their still nice to see. Kind of reminds you where this started from.

S

Shiny May

I thought this episode was a really nice one. Bannai looked good, also imo the animations were good in this episode.

Also what Yamato-san said about Munchlax being added, I noticed that too in that group pic but didn't see it in the pic where May ran.

Also Brock knowing the real Jenny was a good one. And Bannai's changes of outfits was cool too. Overall I thought it was a great episode and of course Munchlax had to be controlled with a pokeblock. An energetic pokemon I might say so.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I've got to ask this. Did they keep true with their recent little fad and use the craptacular music they've been shoving in our faces since the Donphan episode? This gravy is curious as all.

It sounds like a cool ep! I wonder what Bannai's dub name will be! Any Ideas? Or its the same! So he left team magma but hes still evil? Whats up with that!

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
Maybe Bannai's dub name will be Barney? Sorta cheesy I know, but Barney and Bannai are close a like. Lately the dubbers have been giving characters names kinda similar to their Japanese names. Or they could give him a name reflecting his good imitation abilities.

This episode looked good. It's nice to see Nurse Joy & Officier Jenny again. I was wondering what became of them. It didn't surprise me that Bannai would try dressing up as a girl again. Of course, as long as Brock's nearby, he won't suceed with that plan. X)

JazzJazz

Space Skitty said:
Maybe Bannai's dub name will be Barney? Sorta cheesy I know, but Barney and Bannai are close a like. Lately the dubbers have been giving characters names kinda similar to their Japanese names. Or they could give him a name reflecting his good imitation abilities.

Barney doesn't seem like a name suited to a villain to me, but basing his name on his imitation abilities is a possibility (like we saw with Duplica)...

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
We should name him Duplico! -_- That sounds weird. Barney doesn't sound evil. Banky? Is that even a name? :p

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Gravy said:
I've got to ask this. Did they keep true with their recent little fad and use the craptacular music they've been shoving in our faces since the Donphan episode? This gravy is curious as all.

Excuse me Gravy, but this gal actually enjoys some of the more recent BGM's.

Most of it is from the 4th and 5th mini-movies, and I LOVED the soundtrack for those. And Having a really cool lyrical song ( Rival in the Masamune Episode, Challenger in the Second Pacificlog Episode) is really cool. Sorry to go off, but I really don't mind the new musical tunes. They still keep some of the older ones.

Anyway, I REALLY want the Team Magma theme to be in this episode. And poor Ditto got kicked out!

I don't often keep up with the show but this episode sounds interesting, even if for the most part it is filler. And of course Ash is going to say yes the second Jenny asks, if not him then Brock -_- Bannai seems cool enough to make this a good filler episode. As for his dub name, it is safe to asume that it is a stupid name, and even more likly, an annoying voice.

V Faction

www.faction.com
At least Bannai escaped. Maybe next time he shows up, they'll put him in a better plot.

Grand Festival? I sure as heck hope so.