• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ribbon Cup Caper (396)

V Faction

www.faction.com
Hated this episode. Only a few bits of witty dialogue and that was it.

Can someone post Brock's line while he was at the soda machine?

Brody is a cool character. I haven't seen him prior to this episode, as I missed the Weather Institute episode.

His voice is pretty good, too. Sounded a bit off at times, but oh well.

The animation was pretty good in this episode, as opposed to the episode that follows ._.

Heh, did anyone else see the Dugtrio in the ballpit? One must wonder how it got there without being seen :p

Munchlax makes me laugh every time :D I really don't see what people have against it, it's a cool and funny Pokémon.

The transmitter trick thing was rather out of the blue, but it was a good idea. Even better, Brody figured it out after a while. Would've been rather cliché if they had caught him just by continually tracking him down.

Brody's incredibly quick at changing disguises. My only explanation is the he's dressed as a new person underneath and just pulls off his current disguise.

I lol'd pretty hard at Brock distinguishing between the two Jennies. Comedy gold right there :D

A Growlithe. Wow, isn't that original? -_- Why doesn't Jenny ever get a Poochyena?

Brody's escape was rather cool, I have to admit. Here's hoping we see him again in the future :)

EDIT: V Faction, your Signature made me laugh so hard xD

Overall rating:
9.2 out of 10
Good introductory episode to the Grand Festival. Too bad the Festival turns out to be rather bad ;-;

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
V Faction said:
Can someone post Brock's line while he was at the soda machine?

"Hey, I almost forgot, I'm going to see the Golden Pokeball, I hear it's Golden!"

XD

anyway, this episode was fine... I suppose... though I didn't exactly find Jenny's new voice pleasent...

oh well... -_-;

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yes, both Jenny and Joy got new voice do to the original actress quitting 4Kids. While Joy got a decent voice, Jenny is just...ugh.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Yes. Jenny definitely has a new voice. I also thought she sounded like a guy. At first I thought it might have been Brody, but after Brock did his whole "Officer Jenny" scene I knew it couldn't be Brody.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode is a perfect example as to why Pokemon USA better keep all the 4kids voice actors.

Can you imagine Ash/May/Max/Brock/Team Rocket and everyone getting new crappy voices just like Jenny got?

The horror! I'd stop watching the dub if Pokemon USA decides to go with all new people.

Thankfully Jenny hardly even appears in the show anymore, so it's not like we'll have to hear this new butch voice too often.

:: prays that Season 9 keeps 4kids voice actors...except the new Jenny of course because she just sucks::

Togemon

Sibling Love
*Missed the first half of the episode*

Seeing Brody again was a treat though!

Some things I didn't like were Jenny's voice - It was horrible, she needs a new VA asap.~

I also never liked Brock being able to tell Brody and any woman apart, I would have lmfao if he crushed on Brody as Jenny.

YoshiAngemon

Storm Trainer
You remember when Brock was able to tell that a Nurse Joy at the Indigo Plateau trap they were at was a cardboard cutout? He has that Girl-Sensor of his. It's like Bender's Gaydar, being able to tell whether a girl is real or fake, i.e.: Brody or Officer Jenny.

Togemon

Sibling Love
YoshiAngemon said:
You remember when Brock was able to tell that a Nurse Joy at the Indigo Plateau trap they were at was a cardboard cutout? He has that Girl-Sensor of his. It's like Bender's Gaydar, being able to tell whether a girl is real or fake, i.e.: Brody or Officer Jenny.

Yes, I remember it. I just dislike it mostly. IMO The only good thing about it is that it gives Brock a little bit more screentime.~

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Wow, I thought my ears were getting flu-ish! Maybe we're all flu-ish. Or maybe we can just accept the facts that Jenny's new VA sucks. It wasn't just her voice, though. It was her tone. She kept speaking in a slow and dumbed-up voice.

Twas nice seeing Brody again, but this episode wasn't all too special otherwise. He needs to be brought back continually.

Medea

Excalibur
This episode was okay. I did get a chance to see Bannai again which was a good thing. But what kept driving me nuts throughout the whole episode was Jenny's new voice. I'm sorry, but I really didn't like her new voice at all.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Yeah, Jenny's voice sucked. And I agree, I'm glad he noticed the tracker. It would have been kind of silly if that was how they caught him. And OMG he got away! That's a new one. And I knew Brock would be able to tell. He has "girl sense."

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I agree with all of you that Jenny's voice just wasn't right, especially compared to the old voice. But what ever happened to all the fuss about Jenny's new VA sounding exactly the same as the old one? Was it actually the original one we've been hearing for some reason, until now?

Anyway, somewhat interesting plot with the Brody-search. I loved seeing TR come out of nowhere instead of Brody to get the golden pokeball.

Brody's voice is the same, good. I'm not sure many people liked it last time (or even now), but I think it's unique and fits him.

BTW, why was the Ribbon Cup on this ship? To showcase? I mean, you'd expect it to be at the competition by now. 7/10.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention it was interesting to hear James do the 'Meowth Fantasy'.

Last edited:
Oh well..It wasn't a horrible episode...animation was good. Jenny's voice SUCKED...no strong opinion.. 6/10

I thought her voice had changed in the Japanese ep of this did Brody just give back the trophy like in this one?Kinda strange.....Jynx was in this ep!kinda....