• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Right Place and the Right Mime (410)

halloweenghost

Rancid Meat said:
Personally. I have nothing against May's Squirtle. Its actually pretty cool. Better than her Bulbasaur, Beautifly and Skitty!

I liked her squirtle too..and I was happy to see a charmander.. I really missed seeing them :)

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Was it just me or was Hanako's dub voice much more high and annoying than usual? She kept doing that 'ooooo!~' thing and it made me wanna smack her. o-o;

Maybe this is something Veroncia has gradually been doing with her and I never knew since I hardly watch the dub anymore, but yeesh. Almost seemed like she was trying so hard to make Haruka and Hanako sound different that she made one sound really, really bad.

V Faction

www.faction.com
That's absolutely correct. She was trying to form some distinction between May and Deliah. As Veronica Taylor got more accustommed to voicing May, she eventually drifted off into borrowing some vocal sounds from Ash's Mom, in order to make May sound a lot more feminine. Well, it wasn't too bad as we were in Hoenn, away from any sort of Deliah voice. What we get here is a struggle to maintain two different characters with pretty much the same sounding voice.

Medea

Excalibur
Well, well, well, what do I say after seeing this episode?

TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY! TRACEY!

Okay, before I get banned here, this episode was okay for the most part (and this coming from SPPF's #1 Tracey fan). Don't get me wrong here, I love seeing Tracey and everything but considering this is my last time hearing his voice (good chance) it's just very special to me. I loved seeing Meowth in his little Hitler mustache (Haha).

So overall, pretty good!

P.S. Orangeshipping must die!

Thank you and Happy Easter!

G

Geki

I like this episode a lot. I love reunion type episodes, and seeing all of Ash's old Pokemon again was a bonus. Misty and Tracey are awesome, as usual.

10/10

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
A decent episode. Seeing all of Ash's Pokémon again was nice, especially Kingler. Nice to see Misty and Tracey get in some battle action, too.

I'm also getting used to Team Rocket's new motto.....and I'm liking it, even.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Probably about 1.5% of the population outside japan that actually know of Sunday's existance? :p

And as an added note. That comparrison picture only serves to be further proof that outfits like that can only look good in animé.

I remembered them saying something like this when it aired in Japan. I thought the line would be kept anyway, even though we don't get the show...

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Everyone's together again. I enjoy these episodes.

Great seeing Tracy again. He sounds the same as usual, which makes me high on nostalgia. o_o

I did notice Veronica Taylor over-acting her Delia parts, which makes sense if she wants to widen the gap between her voice and May's.

Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, and Squirtle and Wartortle come right after it. But that squirt of a Squirtle shames all Squirtle... it's just a crybaby, nothing like the rough, rugged, punk Squirtle of the Squirtle Squad. It's only purpose was to replace May's Bulbasaur and freshen things up; I don't think I'll like this Squirtle as much as I'd usually like a Squirtle. >_>

And it looks like the only purpose Muk ever seems to have is jumping on people. -_- Shame. It was so strong, too...

Anyway, 7/10.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. The TC was cool, but shouldn't the answer been Castform and not Swalot? (the question was which one of these pokemon can change in battle?) I'm gonna miss Ash's crying Torkoal, although I feel he should have kept Glaile. Also, in the beginning (if I heard correctly), did Oak call Ash's mom Julia??? Isn't Delia her name or is that her Japanese name???

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
WaterDragon trainer said:
Also, in the beginning (if I heard correctly), did Oak call Ash's mom Julia??? Isn't Delia her name or is that her Japanese name???
Delia's only her dub name, IIRC. You probably heard wrong.

Anyway, Birch once said, "Let's give 'em help!" It sounded oddly close to "Let's give 'em hell!" If you didn't catch the "p", at least. Not sure if that was meant or not.

Doned

Dephender said:
rocket_sunday.png

So, who got the reference?

.....Is that a coincedence?

Loved the episode. No complaints, because the only thing about voices that matters is the dreaded replacements coming, other than that I dont care for how close characters sound to eachother and such.

Great to see the old Pokemon, the characters, and hear Tracey actually talk. I noticed prof.oak seemed to ignore Max's request for a Pokedex though -.- being distracted by a Pokenav upgrade.

Great episode overall, great season coming up.

halloweenghost

Dephender said:
rocket_sunday.png

So, who got the reference?

I caught it lol. They even said they were from the sunday show lol

waterdragon trainer No trainer's choice said which doesn't change in battle..

Last edited:
Yay I loved this episode!

-BAYLEEF!!!...oh yeah and Snorlax, Tauros, Phanpy, Bulbasaur, and Muk all got some spotlight.

-However Totodile, Kingler, Cyndaquil, Noctowl, Heracross, Glalie, and Torkoal got virtually none.

-May mentioned Ash's Squirtle and Charizard...very suprising

-Kanto being named

-Vineshipping....good

-Misty is back for a little while. YAY

-Brock is back for this region. BOO lol

-Did Ash mention to Oak that he met Agatha. Perhaps he knows her. :D (Then again this is not the games)

I will give this episode a 9.5/10 because I love nostalgia. It was also a last hurrah for most of the cast playing certain characters.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
May giving her "young love spotted" look to the Bulbasaurs was a very nice touch. She didn't say anything, it wasn't made completely obvious, it was only for a few seconds, and if I remember correctly, someone off-screen is talking, so you have to be paying attention to notice it. That seriously made my day. ^^

wobbanut

Team Awesome
WaterDragon trainer said:
This episode was good. The TC was cool, but shouldn't the answer been Castform and not Swalot? (the question was which one of these pokemon can change in battle?) I'm gonna miss Ash's crying Torkoal, although I feel he should have kept Glaile. Also, in the beginning (if I heard correctly), did Oak call Ash's mom Julia??? Isn't Delia her name or is that her Japanese name???

Castform can change to a sun form, a rain form, or some third form I can't remember. Kecleon can change types depending on what move is used on them, as long as it's not a normal-type move (which makes it so fun if I use wing attack and then ice beam from my pelliper :D ) . So the Trainer's Choice was correct.

I'll get in a full review of this episode after I watch the whole thing at home, but I have to mention two things I loved from the 20 minutes I saw: BAYLEEF!!!! :D :D :D And, Jessie says Ash's name again. Yay, I love it when Team Rocket calls the twerps by name every once in a blue moon (er, actually, I think this is eight times in two seasons, which has to be a record). I'm still waiting for James to call Ash by name. :p

Last edited:

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
I have to say i was looking forward to this ep since it aired in Japan. I missed the very beginning before the theme song cause i was getting breakfast >_< i got so annoyed. But i got the rest of it so thats the important thing. I so enjoyed this episode, even got a few laughs out of it. All of Ash's pokemon charging at him and Tauros taking him away was funny. Bayleef missed her littls Ashie poo so much XP. I also liked seeing the Kanto starter pokemon again. I just love Charmander's voice, so cute ^^ Squirtle's voice kinda irked me, thought it was a little too deep for the way it looked and attacked. It did have a few cute moments but i still dont like it much. I just loved the Bulbasaur interaction, Mays in awe over Ashs Bulbasaur Vinewhip and Ashs in awe over Maybs Bulbasaurs Petaldance. It should have been freaking out after seeing Ash's do a Solarbeam. Team Rocket's outfits looks cool. I like that getup Jessie had on. Team Rocket was fairly funny in this ep. I liked the parts where they got hit by the pokemon attacks saying their clothes were wet, then dry and Ash was like lets charge em. And oo seeing Tracey again, i miss him, but im glad i got Brock ^_^. All in all, i really enjoyed this ep. Well worth the wait i think.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Vineshipping = canon!

I hope those two Bulbasaur produce an egg by the time Ash/May return to Oaks.

Oak: Your two Bulbasaur produced an egg, I don't know how it got there, but you want it, yes?

THREE BULBASAUR NOW, that one is going to Max! :eek:

STJ

meh..^_^'
Vineshipping is considered canon? Forgive my igorance, but since I havn't seen the dub (who knows when I will) can someone explain to me what happened in this episode which leads people to believe that it is?