• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Right Place and the Right Mime (410)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
STJ said:
Vineshipping is considered canon? Forgive my igorance, but since I havn't seen the dub (who knows when I will) can someone explain to me what happened in this episode which leads people to believe that it is?

May's Bulbasaur stays at Oak's with Ash's because the two are blatently in lurve.

Besides, Ash's will dump May's once he finds out about the affair with Heracross.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode was a nostalgia trip, just for seeing all the older characters and Pokemon together.

Aw, Delia already knew who May was. I was hoping for better interaction between the two as this was the first time they met, but ah well.

ROFL, whoever said that Tracey and Max would get along great was right. They're both Prof. Oak worshippers, which is why Max kept complimenting Tracey.

The best scenes were May/Max meeting all of Ash's old Pokemon. We haven't seen any of them since AG began, so it was great to see them all. May even said, "Don't forget Squirtle and Charizard too!" I guess this proves that not only have they always been still considered to be Ash's Pokemon, but Ash told May about all his old Pokemon during their travels in Hoenn.

- Anyone notice that the only person Ash asked to come along with him on his journey was May? Brock kind of just invited himself at the end, Misty only tagged along till Cerulean, and Max had to ask his sister for permission.

- Caroline's love of Beautifly was remembered in this episode, which is why May left it with her mother. So long Skitty!

- The two Bulbasaur were impressed with each others attacks, everytime Ash's Bulba did something, May's Bulba looked impressed, and vice versa. May glances down at the two and approves, it looks like she can see that the two Bulbasaur like each other. This is one of the only Pokemon/Pokemon ships I like, particularly because the two Bulba will spend all of Kanto together, and since the writers made it apparent that Ash's Bulba is male and May's is female. They're also paralleling the mentor/student dynamic between the two Bulba with Ash/May

- So far, I don't mind May's Squirtle. Of course I know what happens in the future, but it's ok for the moment. May now has three Pokemon the same or similar to Ash, (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Munchlax/Snorlax)

- Ash and May get new Pokedex's and May's is cream! Phanpy returns! Glalie and Torkoal stay at Oaks with the rest of the Ash Pokemon!

I really hope Ash gets a chance to use all his old Pokemon in the Battle Frontier, they need to get some workout.

Token

Am I the only one wondering wth the title has to do with the episode? I was half expecting Deliah to get mad at Ash for leaving after a day or so, and only let him go if he could beat Mimey. Instead we just get him/her cleaning fir three seconds. I like the new title cards though, but how many people have been omg pokéshipping every time the two looked at each other? I didn't bother to read the rest of the thing.

HoennMaster

The title has nothing to do with the episode, dumb dub thing, don't think to hard about it

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
CyberCubed said:
- Caroline's love of Beautifly was remembered in this episode, which is why May left it with her mother. So long Skitty!

Yah, but they made it sound like May never knew Caroline liked Beautifly, when it was pretty much a source of tension for Caroline before Ash's rematch with Norman. They could have done that scene differently.

I think I'll have to stick with the Japanese episode. May's Squirtle's voice in Japanese is much cuter than in dub.

Question: Delia already knowing May was a dub thing right? o.0 Because that really scared me, you know when she showed up a tthe door and Delia went "Oh May!". I was like "wtf? they've never met ever :/". Please tell me it is just 4Kids goofing up.

EDIT: Also had to LOL at:

Max: That's a great drawing sir.
Tracey: Max, you can call me Tracey, ok?
Max: (sounding nervous) Yeah Tracey...just want to you know I think you're awesome.
Tracey: (OMG shocked) Huh?
Max: You are, you're Oak's assistant and you're a really amazing artist too.
Tracey: Thanks Max. Not sure about the artist part. But learning hwo to draw Pokemon is sure teaching me alot about them. Even the Prof said he use to draw them when he was a kid.
Max: Yeah Prof.Oak? Just think. Making Pokemon Art.
<insert Max scene>
Ok guys hold that pose a little longer (<--corny XP)
Max: Cool, I think I may just try it myself.

Max and Tracey are perfect together, i'm glad the writers made all the new characters interact with the old, even though when Brock met Tracey it was really awkward. But now its ok since we have had more characters but with Tracey and Brock is just an "errr you replaced me ._.;" vibe.

My my the word Kanto does sound weird, but the word Frontier sounded much more unnatural to my ears :/ The way they said it was all ew.

EDIT again: The thing I found weird was when Delia was thinking how great Ash's friends were she didn't even think about Brock, does no one care that he's being left out? :/

But poor Max asking for a Pokedex D: Even though an updated Pokenavi was just as good xP

Last edited:

Geodude

Torky Stu said:
Tracey: Even the Prof said he use to draw them when he was a kid.
Max: Yeah Prof.Oak? Just think. Making Pokemon Art.
Movie 4 reference FTW.

Torky Stu said:
Question: Delia already knowing May was a dub thing right? o.0 Because that really scared me, you know when she showed up a tthe door and Delia went "Oh May!". I was like "wtf? they've never met ever :/".
Nope, that was in the original. What's so hard to believe about the gang keeping contact with others offscreen, especially since it was already proven that May keeps in touch with her old contest rivals like Kelly and Savannah? No doubt Delia met May and Max through the video-phone when Ash called home offscreen for the first time after they joined him.

Last edited:

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Oak: "When some n00bs go on sum kl adventure, who do dey bring along, Pikachu da noob, thats who - Pikachu"

I mean, what kind of poetry was that? Oak should be gagged + shot for that.

HoennMaster said:
The title has nothing to do with the episode, dumb dub thing, don't think to hard about it

4kids are getting really desperate now - just makes you think what lame titles they'll come up with next. I mean, "Disguise da Limits"/"Disaster of Disguise" and "The Three Team Scheme"/"The Team Scheme". Until PUSA takes over.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Okay, two cents time. I LOVED this episode. :D

-- Getting to see all six twerps in this episode (whether I like Misty or not) and all of Ash's new and old pokemon was the biggest treat. Especially Bayleef. I've missed her so much, and it was great to see her again for an episode. I'm STILL hoping she'll appear in one of the upcoming BF episodes. Too bad we didn't get to see more of Totodile (never mind HEAR him), but I loved seeing Muk, Cyndaquil, and Noctowl again. Mr. Mime was a treat too.
-- Tracey and Max bonding, now that was both expected (Oak worship) and unexpected (love of drawing) at the same time. I liked Max fantasizing about sketching different pokemon. LOL (Yay, wynaut!) I loved the fourth movie reference too, because it's one of my top favorite movies.
-- The new motto's really growing on me. :)
-- It was great to see Brock at the very end.
-- Yay, Jessie calls Ash by name again. If I'm not mistaken, I think that was the first time any TR member called Ash by his full intro line ("Ash Ketchum from Palette Town").
-- Oops, forgot to mention Squirtle. It was cute in this episode. :)

Overall 10/10. Good times. :)

Last edited:
Alfonso said:
Personally, I don't really like the dub name. It... really doesn't have anything to do with the episode. o_o Mr. Mime doesn't do ANYTHING of interest, and is not focused on. Ker-razy.
I know, I thought that when I saw it recently. Or was there some other interpretation of it that I didn't get?
As for the episode, I thought it was really great, and is a typical starter to the series. That Squirtle crying is going to annoy me...

Aptenodytes

I thought it was an okay episode. It was pretty much the same as all the other ones, except with more Pokemon and people. Hey, did it ever say that he let Glalie and Torkoal stay there? I don't think I seemed to catch that.

Legendary Raikou

O yea I just noticed this last night. Remember the episode when Ash first met brock? Well if I remember correctly, Brock's dad said his mother passed away when Ash was talking to him. And on this episode, he said he left his Pokemon back with his brothers and sisters, and his mom.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Slayer said:
O yea I just noticed this last night. Remember the episode when Ash first met brock? Well if I remember correctly, Brock's dad said his mother passed away when Ash was talking to him. And on this episode, he said he left his Pokemon back with his brothers and sisters, and his mom.
Brock's mom didn't really die, that was a dub 'mistake'. She did leave, however. There was a Pokemon Special, not yet aired in America, which explains that situation. It may spoil it for you if you haven't seen it, so read this review of said special at your own risk: A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together!!

(BTW, and it doesn't really matter, but I myself won't read that review because I want to see the dub of that special first, :D)

I doubt it'll ever come i really didnt like how the title had nothing to do with the episode.

Battra

I really love the episodes that take place on Oak's ranch since you get to see all of Ash's different Pokemon, it was also nice to see May get her second starting Pokemon and Oak's reaction to Team Rocket was very funny.

King Slazo

UK Pokemon Fanatic
Call me mad, but I think this is my favourite episode of Pokemon ever aired in the UK. Everybody was in it (except Brock) and it certainly was refreshing to see the gang back together (I liked Misty and Tracey). Shame that Team Rocket haven't learnt anything yet, one day, one day.