• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rise of Darkai (10)

Weav-vile

Totally!
Hi, I'm here to answer questions like always. But in the mean time here's some pointers.

1. Unlike the last epic battle (Deoxys Vs. Rayquaza), this one actually doesn't have any WTF moments. It also alludes to the 2nd movie, a lot.

2. Darkrai is perceived as evil, but is found out to be good. He can also hold his own pretty well.

3. Darkrai can speak, Dialga and Palkia cannot.

4. Darkrai dies, however he doesn't die permanently.

Some other miscellaneous info

- Ash's old Pokemon doesn't come back.
- Dawn doesn't participate in any contest during the movie, she does at the end credits
- The trinket seller from the 6th movie makes a cameo. Dawn buys a good luck charm from him.
- To be honest, this is the most accounts of near-death experiences any one Pokemon movie has done. In addition to virtually every main hero experiencing falling hazards, the entire town is threatened to be disentegrated into the space-time continuum (in other words, cease to exist).

Hi, Latios. Thanks for sharing the informations with us, that's really nice of you.

I'd like ask you a few question, if you don't mind.

1) By the bold part of your comment, it seems you wasn't excited at all with the battle. I'd like to know if yout think it was lame.

2) Did you think the movie was boring or worse than the other ones?

3) Does Mimiroru make anything?

Thanks in advance ;)

Naomi

Addict of the Knife
Be sure to write a review.

Sure. x3 I usually write reveiws for movies I see when I go to Japan. I may or may not see it, though, since I'm supposed to be working on a project and all, but if I see it, I'll write a review for sure.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
The movie sounds pretty good to me. Not AS good as I would have hoped, but still good. Doesn't sound better then the average Pokemon movie to me, but I love the average Pokemon movie so that's just fine.

Gold_Generation

Johto Champion
Lack of Shigeru and Erekiburu cameo deeply disturbs me lol however it does sound like an awesome Pokemon movie, the mere thought of Darkrai being in it makes me very happy :)

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
Would anyone know what attack dialga is using on palkia , not roar of time the other one where there are all those balls off light like meteors.
Is it earth power.

The carter

Marsh Trainer
So read dat dialga pwns palkia phewww ,this movie got me worried but yet again my favorite legendary wins (well sort of).

in movie 2 lugia pwned the birds wit hhypr beam , groudon owned kyogre (although that was not in a movie). and now dialga :).

And maybe the biggest thing of them all darkrai was not in any way strong enough to either stop dialga or palkia. Thats the bit that really had me worried ,that would have totally sunk the movie for me. Darkrai is a nobody compired to those 2 ,he should not have been in this movie at all (giratina anyone? or arceus?).

But any way the ending sounds a bit too much like pokemon 2000 so this is certainly not the best movie of them all ,but more like a simple rehash of an older movie ,but hey..........

Rex Kamex

Lack of Shigeru and Erekiburu cameo deeply disturbs me lol however it does sound like an awesome Pokemon movie, the mere thought of Darkrai being in it makes me very happy :)

When did anyone say they would appear in the movie anyway?

cassius335

Aura Trainer
I wrote a guide and it's shipped to Serebii.

I'll also be out of the loop for a while, my computer needs some fixin'.

You probably won't see this for a while, then, but thank you.

Hmm. Seems the movie falls into the regular trap of "too easily resolved fight, ended by Deux Ex Machina". The music even heals the damage? Eeesh.

Will we ever find out why Dailga and Palkia were fighting in the first place?

Other than the too-easy ending (and the mystery Pidgeot getting lost somewhere on the cutting room floor), looks like a good one.

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
The end with Darkrai made me cry a little.

I noticed something: Almost every Pokemon movie has someone dying or close to dying. It kind of pulls at my heartstrings thinking about it.

evandeck

it is an elevtivire

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
After reading the movie guide on the movie it seems lnteresting to me will look forward to seeing in when it comes to the US.

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
I just finished reading the guide as well. I really applaud how detailed it is. You must have great memory skills.

The movie sounds really cool but I don't know if it will trump Movie 6 as my favorite. I know the movie has to end eventually but the ending sounded really crappy. But hey, it's a Pokemon movie so I guess it fits.

How long was the movie anyways?

hatotab

I just came back from the movie theatres.
The first five minutes...Just WOW. It was really amazing.

The movie had its Great, AMAZING, and of course, boring parts.
hahaha, I was lucky to be sitting next to no one, because I was able to take pictures :]
Ill get them developed and upload them.

I know the movie has to end eventually but the ending sounded really crappy.

How long was the movie anyways?

The ending had Hikari in a MAID OUTFIT. In my opinion that = win. She was also in a cute scuba-type outfit and a hawt egyption outfit.

I dont know how long the movie was, but it was really short.

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
I just came back from the movie theatres.
The first five minutes...Just WOW. It was really amazing.

The movie had its Great, AMAZING, and of course, boring parts.
hahaha, I was lucky to be sitting next to no one, because I was able to take pictures :]
Ill get them developed and upload them.

The ending had Hikari in a MAID OUTFIT. In my opinion that = win. She was also in a cute scuba-type outfit and a hawt egyption outfit.

I dont know how long the movie was, but it was really short.

Wow your so lucky to see it <3 and what was ash like and you took screens?

Sachiel

Beginning Trainer
Hmm. Latios i have two questions for you.

1) Overall is the animation in this movie far superior to the previous ones as of late? cuz it sure seems that way since i see so much more detail in the
trailers to the animation and backgrounds. the action scenes look fantastic what with dialga and palkia's spacial rend and hyper beam attacks.

2) Also how was SARAH BRIGHTMAN's theme song? was it just present during the movie's ending credits or was it also inserted into the movie?
its interesting that they chose female english vocal artist to sing the theme song for the tenth movie.

thanks. appreciate it if you could answer.

Last edited: