• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rise of Darkai (10)

FlameTrainer

Jedi Council Member
I read the summary, and i think it's going to be a pretty good movie.

I especially like it that some of my favorite Pokemon (Torterra, Empoleon, Gallade, Lickilicky) get showed.

Also, with the Movie 11 preview about Regigigas, i have a feeling that Regirock, Regice and Registeel will appear in that movie as well.

I would've liked a movie about Giratina more, though.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
1) Overall is the animation in this movie far superior to the previous ones as of late? cuz it sure seems that way since i see so much more detail in the
trailers to the animation and backgrounds. the action scenes look fantastic what with dialga and palkia's spacial rend and hyper beam attacks.

2) Also how was SARAH BRIGHTMAN's theme song? was it just present during the movie's ending credits or was it also inserted into the movie?
its interesting that they chose female english vocal artist to sing the theme song for the tenth movie.
I'll field this set of questions. First, there's the matter of Sarah Brightman's ending song "Be With You~Always By Your Side~". She, of course, is best known for her roles in the broadway show, Phantom of the Opera. The song, I have listened to it. Before I did, I thought that "Be With You" would be an Operatic Solo, highly grandiose('ya know: ten Pokemon movies now) and which could also pull at the heart strings. There are Pokemon songs that fill that void, most famously "Chisaki Mono" from film 6. Did you perhaps wonder if "Be With You" would be a Operatic song?
It's not.
It's actually a borderline love ballad. It's almost as dramatic a change in tune and tone as going from "Chisaki" to "L.O.V.E.L.Y. yumeri lovely boy" in film 7. Though this new song is a welcome addition to the pantheon, the first Pocket Monsters song sung entirely in english since the dubbed "Type: Wild", and Sarah is awfully good at singing, I was taken aback at hearing a love song tied to a film whose title pays homage to the Gojira(Godzilla) films of old. Do the two mix?
And as for the animation, I have only seen the trailers so far. I can only say that from what I've seen, the guys at OLM and Shokogaken do beautiful backgrounds, and get better with CGI, color, and the overall animation all the time. That in itself is startling, seeing as there is a Pokemon movie every year. But, I guess that's the way of it in anime. After all, an annual film for Doremon since the late 70's can't be wrong.
I hope that clears things up.

Last edited:

Sachiel

Beginning Trainer
I'll field this set of questions. First, there's the matter of Sarah Brightman's ending song "Be With You~Always By Your Side~". She, of course, is best known for her roles in the broadway show, Phantom of the Opera. The song, I have listened to it. Before I did, I thought that "Be With You" would be an Operatic Solo, highly grandiose('ya know: ten Pokemon movies now) and which could also pull at the heart strings. There are Pokemon songs that fill that void, most famously "Chisaki Mono" from film 6. Did you perhaps wonder if "Be With You" would be a Operatic song?
It's not.
It's actually a borderline love ballad. It's almost as dramatic a change in tune and tone as going from "Chisaki" to "L.O.V.E.L.Y. yumeri lovely boy" in film 7. Though this new song is a welcome addition to the pantheon, the first Pocket Monsters song sung entirely in english since the dubbed "Type: Wild", and Sarah is awfully good at singing, I was taken aback at hearing a love song tied to a film whose title pays homage to the Gojira(Godzilla) films of old. Do the two mix?
And as for the animation, I have only seen the trailers so far. I can only say that from what I've seen, the guys at OLM and Shokogaken do beautiful backgrounds, and get better with CGI, color, and the overall animation all the time. That in itself is startling, seeing as there is a Pokemon movie every year. But, I guess that's the way of it in anime. After all, an annual film for Doremon since the late 70's can't be wrong.
I hope that clears things up.

thanks for answering my questions. So i take it that this pairing of Pokemon and Sarah Brightman wasn't meant to be? Is it merely another one of those shameless advertising techniques being employed by marketers? i mean it can't be that bad right? the song i mean.....

maybe so or not. perhaps just bad taste on the part of the movie makers? u

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
This doesn't mean that "Be With You" is a bad song, not at all. It's a fine song...once you get used to it. And I like that the songs from Japan cover so many genres and styles. The thing is, it was initially a shock to hear such a different kind of song tied to Pokemon, a love ballad. Try to find a copy of "Be With You" and listen to it to draw your own conclusions. You'll enjoy it.

pochama_blue

ninja of darkness
I read the summary, and i think it's going to be a pretty good movie.

I especially like it that some of my favorite Pokemon (Torterra, Empoleon, Gallade, Lickilicky) get showed.

Also, with the Movie 11 preview about Regigigas, i have a feeling that Regirock, Regice and Registeel will appear in that movie as well.

I would've liked a movie about Giratina more, though.

I was really glad about Gallade appearing cuz hes my new fave pokemon, as for you theory on movie 11, i think that all the regi's will appear and will have something to do with Shaymin and maybe Arceus, i think Giratina may appear in the actual series as team galactic obviously wants something

summnor1201

I Crave Blood
Do you mean the English one, if yes, I would have to wait till it comes out on DVD, they never show Pokemon Movies in Canada, not that I know of...
they show Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie but not the Pokemon ones...

They havn't had a pokemon movie in theaters in usa since 4ever and that was very limited

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
They havn't had a pokemon movie in theaters in usa since 4ever and that was very limited
Actually, you are forgetting that film 5, 'Pokemon Heroes', also had an even more limited release in US theatres, on May 16, 2003. Chalk it up to Miramax's total lack of promotion at that time that 'Jirachi: Wish Maker' onward weren't in released in theatres, too.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I just listened to the new soundtrack, and my word, does it sound wonderful. A couple of remixes of in-game themes, which is what I'd been hoping for, so hooray for that. Especially liking what they did with the D/P Gym Leader theme. OK, the change isn't drastic but the opening portion of the tune and the wider array of instruments used makes it sound so much more epic. Same story for the G/S Wild Pokémon theme~

Adding to that, the music for Together 2007 kicks various types of buttocks (not too sure on the vocals however...maybe it's just me, but the singing feels a little out of place at some points :/), and a lot of the music Darkrai receives are really something else. Usually I'm not one to encourage the usage of too much movie music in the show, but they have to implement 'Darkrai Shutsugen!!' at some point in the future. Good golly, it's incredible~

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Oh and I'm pretty much not watching it anymore anyway. The movies are a nice way to escape from the recycled plot device.

Not exactly. Movie 10's plot is basically the same as Movie 2's (Warring Pokemon stopped by music)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I saw both of those guys. I would've said something, but I figured everyone would've known about them by this point ^^; Stuff like that usually gets around somehow...
That said, I saw the Bibarel in non-ghost form. It was just sitting there when Darkrai attacked it. Sitting there like some sort of stylised beaver in a generic pose from a piece of commonly used official artwork.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
That said, I saw the Bibarel in non-ghost form. It was just sitting there when Darkrai attacked it. Sitting there like some sort of stylised beaver in a generic pose from a piece of commonly used official artwork.

Wow. So much for the No-Death rule.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Where did you see all these pics? 0.o
I've only seen the one of Tangrowth.
Well, I caught it on part of a Pokémon Sunday segment on YouTube. I think #PM had something similar up not too long ago also, though I can't remember if the footage was the same. The Yanmega was a serious case of 'blink and you'll miss it' though. Sorta flits by the screen quickly and that's that.
You could also hear Goukazaru, Emperte and Dodaitose's voices too, and that was pretty cool~
"EmmmmmmmmPWUAAAH!"

Wow. So much for the No-Death rule.

Chances are it does appear, and is most likely seen in some sort of 'dream world' or something. 'Ghost' was probably just a loose term to describe the Bibarel as it appears in it's dream~

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Speaking of the soundtrack, I too have it(and the Together2007 single.) But why is the ending song "Be with You" not included with the procedings? No, it's on it's own single instead. That's a step backwards if anything else. Could it be for legal reasons? I guess that, to compensate, they included the retrospective DVD of the Movie series in it's place.
*Compensation, indeed: I burned it to my PC.