• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rite of the Island Challenge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
Also, nice to see Ilima officially revealed. Unless we get an official comment on their gender, I'm happy to keep referring to them neutrally. (Which is done by using "they" pronouns btw, not "it". I know this isn't a real person, but you don't go around calling any other characters it.) I'll be interested to see if they ever do confirm, or leave it slightly vague. It's not uncommon to have androgynous characters in Japanese media.

agreed!

Nonbinary representation in Pokemon would be REALLY COOL esp being trans myself so I really hope this is the case! That being said Ilima is great and I love them

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Maybe if you beat the kahuna,you become the champion of that island, then you go to the next island to become the champion there. We could be the champion of 4 or even 5 islands before the game is over.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Maybe if you beat the kahuna,you become the champion of that island, then you go to the next island to become the champion there. We could be the champion of 4 or even 5 islands before the game is over.
Eh... I doubt it. If that were the case then I'd imagine Melemele has a LOT of Champions.

Chimchar15

I could have sworn one of the trailers show him having a Crabrawler, which probably means he specializes in Fighting types.

Yep, he has a Crabrawler, so it is fair to assume his speciality will be Fighting.

Well it looks like all the medals the Captains wear will have their gem thing in the same spot(Ilima is at the top so it doesn't tell what island they will be on). I assumed he was a girl before but after getting a full view I'm guess guy.

Nice to get another Kahuna as well(I was somewhat afraid they were going to reveal them all when I saw it on the official site). She's got three Pokemon so most likely all will have three. Uses Rock type, I'm curious how the levels will be for them all, while not Gyms it does account for a type challenge and this will be the first time Rock isn't used first or second(Albeit, second Kahuna), curious to see how the other types turn out and hopefully Dark is used.

We saw him with Crabrawler in one video, so most likely a Fighting type. The battle screen colour for him matches the type colour for Fighting as well.

Guess that answers my question, so she's a little higher level than Grant, so like the third Gym equivalent then.

We know there is at least 3 Captains on Akala. It's not too big of a deal for the levels though, some Captains may be close to each other in level, I'd imagine the next island will be when we spend most of the time at and go to around level 45.

Oh yeah I forgot about seeing him using a Crabrawler. I'm liking Hala even more now since fighting is my second favorite type.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Question: Have we determined if we'll be able to actually battle the captains?

I don't think we have confirmation but I would be shocked if we didn't at some point. Especially considering they have specialty types.

LePetitMeow

So if Hala's type is indeed fighting...

We'll have Trial Captains and Kahunas covering Normal, Fighting, Water, Grass, Electric, Fire, and Rock. That's some pretty good type coverage.

I'd imagine we'd have at least one more trial on MeleMele before facing Hala. Four on Akala sounds about right. And maybe another four(?) on UlaUla?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Shouldn't Kiawe's Totem Pokemon be his Marowak?

Since we know he has one?

Turtonator also makes sense but Marowak would be even more interesting:)

DrakeKoryu

I also believe Marowak will be the totem in Kiawe's trial, and it summoning Cubones will be interesting. :p

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I also believe Marowak will be the totem in Kiawe's trial, and it summoning Cubones will be interesting. :p

As far as we're aware, totem Pokemon don't belong to the captains, whilst the Alolan Marowak IS Kiawe's, it could still happen though

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Might be both Turtonator and A Marowak, A Marowak being the night option.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Might be both Turtonator and A Marowak, A Marowak being the night option.

I don't think the Totem will be Marowak-A, simply because that would mean calling on regular Cubone as its ally, and it's a pure Ground-Type.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I don't think the Totem will be Marowak-A, simply because that would mean calling on regular Cubone as its ally, and it's a pure Ground-Type.

Uggh, they should have made an Alolan Cubone. :/

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I doubt A-Marowak is Kiawe's totem. During that European trailer when it shows Kiawe doing the dance, you can see his Marowak behind him and it looks normally sized. Totem 'Mon are supposed to be large.

diakyu

So based on the ending montage in the demo and assuming those new characters are trial captains, looks like a ghost captain and a ground captain. The one I can't place is the older man, my first guess was Water but they wouldn't have overlap would they?

R_N

Pelipper dude is probably flying.
Wonder where they all match up to, island wise. I'm guessing ghost girl is inside somewhere.

Also I guess that makes 7, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.