• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rite of the Island Challenge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
There is still the thing about the SS Aqua returning though... And if we assume that pokéarth is the same as real earth going to kanto or sinnoh post-game would make sense.

I have a feeling that the lack of gyms in Sun and Moon will lead you to travel back to Kalos(because unfinished plots, etc), probably on the SS Anne, that's where we get the new Mega Evolutions, as well as our fix of Gym Challenges since there are none in main region

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
There is still the thing about the SS Aqua returning though... And if we assume that pokéarth is the same as real earth going to kanto or sinnoh post-game would make sense.

With VC RGBY and potential DPPt remakes after Sun & Moon, I'd say, returning to Kalos for the Zygarde plot line makes much more sense, especially after not having Z last gen.
But this isn't the right thread to further discuss this.

As for "creating the League" thing... I just don't get it.
The Island Challenge IS their league -- governed by Trial Captains, Totem Pokemon, Kahunas and the Champion, just as how the past leagues were governed by Gym Leaders, Elite Four and the Champion.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
As for "creating the League" thing... I just don't get it.
The Island Challenge IS their league -- governed by Trial Captains, Totem Pokemon, Kahunas and the Champion, just as how the past leagues were governed by Gym Leaders, Elite Four and the Champion.

Well, check it.

It's stated that the Rite of the Island Challenge is meant ro prepare youth to become great trainers. That actually leaves the window open for trainers to challenge a league after completing the trials.

For Alola, it could be a subsequent decision post-game for the Kahunas to decide to establish a Pokémon League, in which those who completed the trials can participate. Of course, we the players will likely become the Champion, hence our inclusion in forming the league.

Again, if making gyms is true, it will more than likely come after the story, which I am cool with anyway, since mixing gyms and trials sounds like a bad idea.

This is kinda off-topic from the current discussion, but is about the Trials and stuff: if the theory of 16 Trial Captains and corresponding Totem Pokémon is real, then is anyone expecting Vikavolt for the Electric or Bug Trial? It's mentioned that it often carries Charjabug for its Battery ability, which could be reflected by a Totem Vikavolt summoning Charjabug.

Chomper4

I wonder if the Princesses of Pokémon will actually be the Alola equivalent of the Elite Four. Also, judging of Hala's movements before battle, he seems to specialize in Fighting types.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
This is kinda off-topic from the current discussion, but is about the Trials and stuff: if the theory of 16 Trial Captains and corresponding Totem Pokémon is real, then is anyone expecting Vikavolt for the Electric or Bug Trial? It's mentioned that it often carries Charjabug for its Battery ability, which could be reflected by a Totem Vikavolt summoning Charjabug.
Seems pretty likely to happen in my opinion.

I wonder if the Princesses of Pokémon will actually be the Alola equivalent of the Elite Four. Also, judging of Hala's movements before battle, he seems to specialize in Fighting types.
I think the Princesses of Pokémon only existed many years before (I really hope we hear more about them, they sound very interesting), but I guess they could have descendants of them to fill the role.

As for Hala... Maybe, but it doesn't sounds like Kahunas specialize in types.

clbgolden12

Who's the princess of Pokemon.
They were mentioned in the Japan trailer, and were supposedly the first to discover (or create, I forget which) Z-Power.

So do we battle the captain at the end or before the totem pokemon? I wouldn't mind either as long as it is fun.
I'd say before, as Totems are said to be at the end of a Trial.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Another thing I just don't get... why only make the League post-game on our time, when they could have established it with previous Alola Champions before us.

Sabre_King

I am still trying to grasp my head around this new system of Island Trails. Don't get me wrong I think it is a great idea shifting away from the average game functions with gym leaders, but then I keep reading and hearing about how we create the Alolan League and it makes me wonder how this will all play out. Looking throughout the entire region map of Alola creating a league with gym leaders, elite four and of course a champion seems very possible and a really great idea on the company's parts. I won't say too much though with the limited knowledge we have I hope during one of the next previews of the game the preview is dedicated more towards island trails and how they fully function throughout the game. I do find it odd that the captains are listed with specialty types, making me assume either they are battle-able during the main game or saved for when we create the league and battle them post game. If this becomes a post game idea then I really cannot wait to play these games because creating our own league for a post game story would be the greatest post game content in my opinion for the main games.

knightwolf09

They were mentioned in the Japan trailer, and were supposedly the first to discover (or create, I forget which) Z-Power.

I'd say before, as Totems are said to be at the end of a Trial.

Actually it says they created the z-ring, right?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I am still trying to grasp my head around this new system of Island Trails. Don't get me wrong I think it is a great idea shifting away from the average game functions with gym leaders, but then I keep reading and hearing about how we create the Alolan League and it makes me wonder how this will all play out. Looking throughout the entire region map of Alola creating a league with gym leaders, elite four and of course a champion seems very possible and a really great idea on the company's parts. I won't say too much though with the limited knowledge we have I hope during one of the next previews of the game the preview is dedicated more towards island trails and how they fully function throughout the game. I do find it odd that the captains are listed with specialty types, making me assume either they are battle-able during the main game or saved for when we create the league and battle them post game. If this becomes a post game idea then I really cannot wait to play these games because creating our own league for a post game story would be the greatest post game content in my opinion for the main games.

Just wanna make things clear before some people misinterpret things...
The "Creating the League" thing is just a RUMOR from one of the leaks.

LizardonX

Banned
Another thing I just don't get... why only make the League post-game on our time, when they could have established it with previous Alola Champions before us.

The rumor mentions Blue, Cynthia, and Lance. Maybe they show up to act as the final bosses for the game.

clbgolden12

The rumor mentions Blue, Cynthia, and Lance. Maybe they show up to act as the final bosses for the game.
I'm pretty sure the Chinese leak (the one who talked about creating a League) didn't say anything about those characters, that was the Bewear leak.

Macabrelicious

Wait, did the Chinese leak gain more things pointing to real or something?

Not that I know of but there's already so much that's been confirmed across three of the four relevant leaks...

Yo this is a really sharp find, actually! Good catch, I totally think Vikavolt is gonna be a Totem Pokemon now

As for Hala... Maybe, but it doesn't sounds like Kahunas specialize in types.

I hope the Kahunas don't specialize in types

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Just wanna make things clear before some people misinterpret things...
The "Creating the League" thing is just a RUMOR from one of the leaks.

I really hope it stays a rumor. I don't like it at all. I prefer a league given to me by Game Freak. I trust their judgement when it comes to pokemon leagues.
Anyway, aside from my desire for a Dragon captain, I like to see Ice, Ground and perhaps Flying as captains.

Status
Not open for further replies.