• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rivalry Revival! (118)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Rivalry Revival!

After Gary saves the day against Team Rocket, Ash decides to challenge him...Pikachu VS Eevee. However after the battle, Ash is depressed but goes to follow Gary to Johto in order to beat him once and for all. Will he successfully do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

I actually thought that Ash would win this battle, I thought "An Eevee...easy..." but it turns out that I was so wrong.

M

meggirl63

I was surprised by Eevee when he used his Skull Bash towards Pikachu.

S

Shiny May

Gary's Eevee was amazing in this episode. It had so much strength. You could really see that he really trained his pokemon a lot while Ash was at the Orange Islands. The Eevee had such a good defense. Truly amazing.
Pikachu was okay too but he kinda disappointed me.

M

m!nt

stuarthillman said:
gary's eevee knew attacks that it can't learn not even as egg moves or as a tm move.

In r/b/y you could teach Eevee skull bash because it was a TM so I guess Gary taught it. I dunno..

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I can just imagine how many people were dancing in the streets when Brock said he was back. ;) I do like Tracey, but I'm glad Brock's still around today. There's something about his smarts about pokemon and pokemon battling, and the way he goes crazy over girls, that I just enjoy watching. :D At least they let Tracey go out on a good note with this episode, too, with him having his pokemon come to the rescue for Pikachu. I liked Jessie and James taking the opportunity to scarf down food when they were pretending to be reporters too (and Jessie getting Brock by spelling out "L-I-V-E").

Overall, great episode. I also liked Ash's battle against Gary, which was definitely a long time coming. Too bad he lost, but at least now we know their rematch went much better. :)

X the.only.trainer.ever X

Just a lil' synth
Any episode that includes Gary is a keeper for me - and it's great how he became more mature as a trainer and still not the arrogant one who carries around that cheerleading squad.

p.s. I'm glad Ash lost :)

Aptenodytes

wow good episode. i would have never thought an eevee would be so strong. its sad that gary just got his eevee and ash had pikachu since he started, but he still lost. overall ill give it a 9.8/10

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
i like Gary but i wonder what the situation would've been if Ash used charizard. Anyway, Ash got a rival again (hadn't had one a while, not since richie).

GoggleHead

Digimon > Pokemon
I really liked this one. I really think Pikachu would have killed Eevee, but the writers didn't agree. They obviously did this just so Ash wouldn't stop training and winning Badges. It's just like on Dragon Ball what Master Roshi, disguised as Jackie Chun, to keep Goku training and striving to be the best.

Pure

back.
This was one of the better episodes where the person who should have won, won. Eevee was obviously much better trained. They probably did the eevee thing to keep with the story of Yellow but later decided Gary got a regular starter.

Battra

Very good episode the battle between Pikachu and Eevee was very exciting. I laughed when Gary walked right on by Team Rocket didn't even other to look their way. Nice to see Brock traveling with Ash and Misty again.

Nice battle between Eevee and Pikachu, I like the episodes where Ash and Gary battle

Bonsly-Bud

Also Known as Bonsli
I liked the fact that Eevee made an appearance. It was nice to see a rival battle between the two old rivals, with some better maturity with Gary. Glad Brock came back, though I wish we knew some more about the Professor Ivy Incident.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
And thus begins Gary's decent into "Gary"-Stu-ness.

Too bad we never got to see a rematch between Pikachu and during the league.

Meh. One sided fights are boring. And Misty began becoming really annoying, rubbing Ash's defeat in his face the whole time, then we get a boring dinner scene that thankfully is interrupted by the Rockets.

Jessie: "This report is live! L-I-V-E!"
Brock: *whimper* ;-;

I still wonder what exactly happened between Brock and Ivy...

2/10, only escaped a 1/10 thanks to Team Rocket.

Battra

The Battle between Ash & Gary was truly amazing Gary's Eevee really stood out in it's battle with Pikachu, to bad this is the only time we get to see it in action, since next time we see Gary it's already evolved. It's great to see Gary actually being mature instead of insulting Ash like he did during the Indigo League, Though the question has to be brought up what happened to his car and those girls that were always with him? Nice to see Ash starting a new journey to the land of Johto.