• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Road to Humilau (755)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Though Samurott wasn't that bad. But it would have been better if the writers had given it a much better moveset. It is almost a clone of Ash's Oshawott in terms of moveset with Hydro Cannon replacing Hydro Pump and it not using a 4th move.

It would have been much better if Marlon's Mantine had Water Absorb as its ability like his Jellicent had Cursed Body. That would have been proven to be a much better challenge for Kotetsu's 8th gym battle.

I think the writers reversed the power between Roxie and Marlon. I mean in the games Roxie is the 2nd gym leader and Marlon is the 8th gym leader, which creates a large gap in there power (atleast before taking part in the WT).

But in the anime, it is Roxie who is extremely powerful and Marlon is a lot weaker (even-though he also played the role of the 8th gym leader). I mean would Ash really have won his match against Roxie in the anime if it had been a 3 Vs 3 or 6 Vs 6 battle, i don't think so.

I feel that Barry in DP and Kotetsu in BW turned out to be a bit lucky in getting one of there badges. Barry got one of his badges without battle and Kotetsu won against an opponent which he easily defeated.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/755/DP354.jpg[/img139] [img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/745/DP358.jpg[/img139]

This says it all. These two are really alike...They even have the same pose!

A better way to have someone similar to Ash without looking like a recolor of him (I'm looking at you Ritchie...)

Dax

Legend
I think it's cool in a few ways, but it's design makes it completely the opposite of what its intended to be. Samurai are suppose to be nimble, graceful, and swift... everything that Samurott's design lacks.

I think you explained it correctly. The reasons you posted are the ones that don't allow me to like Samurott. I just didn't like seeing it battle and make me happy that Ash has Oshawott.

The episode was fine. I liked the battle and Kotetsu. Sadly, Marlon felt weak and I just didn't like him. His design, however, is great.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't like the way this episode was executed. The first half was just random shenanigans, and we didn't even get the Gym battle until the end. I'm all for characters bonding, but it seemed unnecessary here. Anyway, Kotetsu got on my nerves; I thought he would be interesting, but he reminds me of a thousand other male characters. I'm not here for reductivity. I really like Marlon though. He looked fierce. But the battle was bland. I think we all knew that Kotetsu would win, so there wasn't any suspense. I'm sure people are rating this episode a 10 out of 10 just for Samurott though. That just goes to show how times have changed.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I think it's cool in a few ways, but it's design makes it completely the opposite of what its intended to be. Samurai are suppose to be nimble, graceful, and swift... everything that Samurott's design lacks. That's why Dewott does that job better. Not to mention, Samurott is a b**ch to draw anyway :p

Haha I never thought of it being agile like a Samurai... ._.; though as a sea lion it is pretty darn precise. Sea Lions are mobile on land (better than a seal) but still aren't very mobile. However, they trade their mobility for strength. XD

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I think you explained it correctly. The reasons you posted are the ones that don't allow me to like Samurott. I just didn't like seeing it battle and make me happy that Ash has Oshawott.

The episode was fine. I liked the battle and Kotetsu. Sadly, Marlon felt weak and I just didn't like him. His design, however, is great.
I'm fine with Oshawott, but I still kind of hope it evolves into Dewott (which fits the samurai role perfectly, not to mention two shells)

Go figure... Ash has to fight long and hard battles, new guy gets to take down his opponent pretty swiftly and not look like a complete dork

Janovy

Banned

dman_dustin

You didn't even like how badass Samurott was?

How was Samurott badass?

The battle was completely rushed just to show how overpowered Kotetsu was just to drill in the idea that "Hey this trainer is going to likely beat Ash in the Unova League even though he doesn't deserve it."

I still prefer the realistic approach of having some random trainer show up being overpowered that beats Ash and the league because there's no guarantee that you'll know the person who will beat you (or who you will face) in a tournament.

If only Kotetsu was a girl like BW female protagonist or B2W2 female protagonist, I would've had a much different perspective of this episode.

There are 1000+ animes out there, watch them.

Don't lie. There is only one current Pokemon anime series involving Ash. There's not a 1000 out there like you suggest.

That being said, this is a forum where people reply to other people's post. If you don't want people to reply, then don't post what you don't want people to reply to. You know it's as simple as that.
No, that argument doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure when a response to my post is JUST "Stop watching the show"

I'm pretty sure that's offtopic spam. I'm pretty sure the idea of a forum isn't to respond with offtopic SPAM responses.

At least Janovy's response to my "anger" post asking why I didn't find Samurott badass, at least that was more on topic that a single sentence in a post with "Stop watching the show."

The whole "Stop watching the show" response and anything similar should be against the rules if it isn't already. That is such a lazy, and rash response that only proves that people just want to increase their post count, since I'll give people the benefit of the doubt that they aren't insulting me. Because I'm pretty sure a single sentence of a post "Stop watching the show" will never be relevant in the Pokemon anime forums at all.

The argument also doesn't work is because there are some posts that get completely and utterly ignored.

Think people, if your sole response to my posts are:

Stop being childish

Stop watching the show

Blah blah offtopic spam

Then don't respond to my posts.

Don't you think that people are sick and tired of my negative criticism? Do they really need to see that people responding with childish responses of "Stop watching the show" to my posts?

So again, I ask does anyone seriously need to respond to my posts? If your not going to respond with anything well thought out, and only are responding with knee-jerk responses. Why the hell are you compelled to respond to my posts.

@Dman, are you even trying, I meant they're are other anime besides Pokemon. Go watch those. Oh Arceus.

dman_dustin

@Dman, are you even trying, I meant they're are other anime besides Pokemon. Go watch those. Oh Arceus.

Pokemon is my favorite franchise in the entire world. For all intents and purposes I eat, sleep and breath Pokemon. There is no anime where I would be interested in. Because it doesn't deal with Pokemon.

Why can't you people understand that? Any other anime series is going to have a completely different story, a completely different structure, completely different characters. Completely different everything.

I want Pokemon and unfortunately the only series out there is THIS ONE.

Can you GET it now?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I like the episode just cuz Marlon is one of my favorite gym leaders :d

He's one of my favorite Gym Leaders, too. Unfortunately, I can't help but feel that this episode didn't do him justice. I wanted an entire episode about my future husband Marlon, but he only got a small role. Honestly, people seem to care more about Kotetsu than Marlon, which makes me want to cry. When will my lover fave get some recognition?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This episode made me fall in love with Samurott all over again. That last Razor Shell was completely epic. Now I'm hoping even more that Ash's Oshawott evolves

Dax

Legend
I wanted an entire episode about my future husband

I look just like him, gurl.~

Go figure... Ash has to fight long and hard battles, new guy gets to take down his opponent pretty swiftly and not look like a complete dork

Yeah, but he's the lead of the show. He needs to struggle for us to cheer for him.

Pokemon is my favorite franchise in the entire world. For all intents and purposes I eat, sleep and breath Pokemon. There is no anime where I would be interested in. Because it doesn't deal with Pokemon.

Why can't you people understand that? Any other anime series is going to have a completely different story, a completely different structure, completely different characters. Completely different everything.

I want Pokemon and unfortunately the only series out there is THIS ONE.

Can you GET it now?

Don't you think it's time to fix it? The show is not eternal, it's going to end some day. If it's all you eat, sleep and breathe then, what are you going to do when it's over? You can't be so attached to things like this, not when there's a world outside, that as hard as it might be, can offer you great things.

---

I'd like to add that Meloetta was the cutest thing in the world this episode. I love how much she cares about Ash. Giving him an apple was so sweet. I wish there was a chance for her to be captured.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
OMG,they recycled the whole Richie thing with the looking at the stars thing...>.>This guy is Richie 2 and he'll beat Ash in the League.

Janovy

Banned
OMG,they recycled the whole Richie thing with the looking at the stars thing...>.>This guy is Richie 2 and he'll beat Ash in the League.
He isn't Richie 2, Kotetsu was trying to navigate by looking at the stars.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I haven't gotten to see the episode yet, but I viewed the photos. It looks good. I like that the gym battle wasn't rushed and there was time for bonding between Ash and Kotetsu. As much as you all wanted a long gym battle, getting to know the rival is important too. The gym battle looks good, but I'll have to see it in motion. The animation looks good and the battle between Mantine and Samurott was the most interesting part of it.