1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Road to Humilau (755)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Watched the episiode.

Fun, the Satoshi/Kotetsu part was cool and funny at times.

The battle was fast but not awful, I liked how Dent and Iris were like "Oo why would he use an slow almost stagnant pokemon in such a field" when he sent out Ferrorthorn.

Samurott was pretty damn awesome underwater outside(standing) I only got to see the badge scene and EWWWW.

2. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Glad they finally decided to start using music from the first BW movie.
    And since the opening got updated with Kotetsu, I think the argument that no spoilers means no evolutions is out of the window. They'll just keep on updating it as changes are made. At least that's what I hope for.

3. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

But since Bianca has one, than it makes sense for hers to use it before Ash even evolves his Pignite. Besides, Most of Ash's fire starters are evolved, so I don't want to see another Charizard/Infernape segment again.

4. Royal_Qeca

Royal_Qeca Pokémon Blue

Why EWWWW?

5. Lunanight

Lunanight Well-Known Member

If Kotetsu was overpowered, he wouldn't have lost a single pokemon. At least Mantine beat something. Though I agree with you about the random trainers, it's something I liked about Tobias since he didn't meet Ash about 5 episodes before the league like 'sup guys, Imma sweep you all with my Darkrai' or befriend Ash within like 2-3 minutes (*coughRitchie*). Well we knew Tobias would beat Ash, but Ash didn't meet him until their battle so it made things different than with Ritchie, Harrison or Tyson. I think Kotetsu is going to lose to Ash in a full 6v6 battle (like Morrison did) or just get lolstomped by Trip in a 3v3 (Like how Paul beat Barry, losing without beating any of Trip's pokemon, assuming Trip doesn't do that to Stephan or Bianca).

And if Kotetsu was a girl like the BW or BW2 protagonist, I don't see how it would really matter. It means nothing. The only difference would be that one is an idiot (Kotetsu) and the other isn't (both female protagonists). Hell, they'd probably give her Kotetsu's personality anyway so the only true difference between them then would be that they has breasts and Kotetsu doesn't. They could give either girl a Samurott and Riolu, then the other 4 can be any random fully evolved pokemon. I don't understand why people really want Ash to have a good female rival like it matters or anything. To me, Bianca is Ash's rival, who is one of several of his Unova rivals. Her being female is trival and doesn't affect my opinion on her. Anyway, if Kotetsu was replaced by the BW or BW2 girl, she'd still be overpowered going by your opinion of the episode since she'd still beat Marlon with relative ease. Though at least if Ash loses to Kotetsu, it would be a close battle like when Ash battled Harrison or Tyson. I don't really remember Ash vs Ritchie but I think it was one-sided.

Well perhaps Pignite might actually evolve...hopefully not. I don't need a repeat of Infernape, where Emboar hogs all the victories while the pokemon which need the wins don't get them, like how Torterra basically got shafted once Ash got Chimchar.

As for the opening, I wonder how many times the opening will change before the Unova League starts. Maybe just another one or two times when some of Ash's pokemon evolve.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  6. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Maybe because I prefer females over males and Ash has enough male rivals.

7. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Ok ew is probably strong but it looks awful standing(probably because it wasn't designed to stay standing).

Its like a guy made Oshawott and Dewott and then another idiot decided to ruin his work or something.

8. Everlasting

Everlasting Everything stays.

Ooohw, I looooove it !
    Personnally, I was thinking that Samurott show Oshawott a new move or something else...
    But anyway, I was sad to see Kotetsu already gone. He's a perfect friend to Ash. But I think that we'll see it at Unova League.
    Great episode, and great battle !

9. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I have to admit it, this battle was not "epic" or exciting, but it was hilarious.

Mantine's voice whenever it launched a Bullet Seed, "MOMOMOMOMO"
    jellicent and Ferrothorn when Cursed Body activated.
    Mantine's face before it got hit with Aqua Jet.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maax4bkkjy1qcw4h9o1_1280.png

10. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Okay, so I saw the episode and I did like the gym battle. It could have been extended, yes, but it was animated very well and I enjoyed Mantine and Samurott even with the short battle.

11. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Marlon's jellicent is really really weak to be one shotted by a thunderbolt off ferro's pathetic special attack.

12. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

Other then the bonding scenes i believe the best thing about this episode is the music <33333333333 OMG about time, i hated best wishes the most for it's crappy soundtrack but now atleast they made it barable... congrats, now for the love of god, don't play cilan's theme again.

13. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

^ If Cilan's theme doesn't play in the next episode I'll be very very surprised since it focuses on him. I love it though, had it as my ringtone for a while ololol

14. Raptor_Crow

Raptor_Crow I lied to you all

Most of the music you heard in this episode are from the 14th movie which includes some music that didn't get released on the soundtrack.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  15. What's wrong with the music? Most of the tracks are remixes/remastered tracks from Black and White, even since the Kanto saga they used music from the games plus their own tracks.

16. Bisharp

Bisharp Well-Known Member

Holy crap at the Mezase! Pokemon Master reference XD.

17. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

How about they make an awesome remix, or maybe even Tango Birlliante for Orhchestra!~ //shot// I don't see what's wrong with his theme. It's his theme, it shouldn't change.

@Rohanator- I had it too. But then I changed it to: "It's confession time again~~~" XDDD My parents laugh whenever they hear that go off.

As for the music, honestly I felt a bit confused. I heard the new Evolution theme for BW2, but I had to wonder why they put that when Ash was saving Kotetsu...like what was that supposed to mean? It wasn't suspenseful, so I wasn't supposed to feel worried, and it wasn't silly so I wasn't supposed to laugh. I felt a bit emotionless there. :/ The other music was a lot of fun however.

but OMG I LOVED tHE MEZASE POKEMON MASTER REFI. X333 They were so cute humming.

18. gohan5

gohan5 Irisboy

It's not necessarily that anything is wrong with the theme he just doesn't like it or hearing it. That's understandable, it's his opinion.

I liked the episode it was nice and cheerful and Kotetsu is still funny, so it was nice seeing more of him. Funny how Iris and Cilan were just sitting there like they had nothing to talk about, they really missed Ash I guess XD The gym battle may have been shorter than most would have liked, but it still had it's moments and hey at least this wasn't one of Ash's gym battles.

19. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

Eh I'm used to hearing things over and over again due to band.

I liked the episode it was nice and cheerful and Kotetsu is still funny, so it was nice seeing more of him.[/QUOTE]

I liked how Ash and Kotestu laugh at each other. Like that seems to be a potential for an actual best, best friend for Ash other than Pikachu. I really hope he comes back soon.

They should have went fishing. I laughed at their "Uhhhhh" at Marlon. Like it wasn't even a O.O expression. They were so brain dead. XD They probably played I spy btw.

Dento: Iris, I spy something blue.
    Iris: The ocean.
    Dento: Right.

Iris: I spy something blue.
    Dento: The ocean?
    Iris: Right.

-2 hours later-

Dento: I spy something-
    Iris: THE OCEAN!
    Dento: The sky.

Oh look! It's a fish. Come here little guy, come here...oh BIG GUY we're looking for someone named Alf.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  20. gohan5

gohan5 Irisboy

Uh okay, but that doesn't change his opinion :/

Well he's got plenty of those, I wouldn't put Kotetsu above anyone because of one episode XP I do think he's an interesting character, but he's still just a kid Ash just met.

I just find that so interesting and funny, people always say they would have multiple misadventures without Ash and what do they do? Sit on a dock going uhhhhhh......XD They're bored without him XD