1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Road to Humilau (755)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Sep 13, 2012.

1. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

But they hit it off so well. Like when you look at other rivals he normally gets off to a rocky start. :/ I never considered Ash and Gary as true buddies, Ash and Paul respect each other, Ash and Barry had friendly competitions, and Ash and Morrison had friendly competitions too. With Ash and Kotetsu something just seems different. I'm sad that he debuts this late. :/

Oh shush. xP And they weren't going "uh" they talked to each other. I actually edited my post btw

2. gohan5

gohan5 Irisboy

He hit it off with Morrison, Barry and the others. Gary is still his closest friend, they had a childhood together. Look I won't split hairs, I just don't get the vibe that Ash is suddenly best friends with Kotetsu more than any other rival/friend from the past.

What? I didn't say anything :p Oh right who could forget that stimulating conversation, something about being worried about Ash and Kotetsu being lost or late and that they found Seigaha Gym. Whoo must have been exciting XD

3. JennaJayfeather

I think he could be. I said he had potential to be, not that he is right now. So I'm excited to see what these two will have in the future.

Not worried enough to be stimulating. xP And most likely they have been waiting there for a couple of hours. It would have been nice to see them busying themselves, like Iris playing with Kibago and Dento going fishing/reading a book.

4. gohan5

gohan5 Irisboy

Like I said, won't split hairs I just don't see any more than any other rival Ash has had. Plus he's not someone Ash has had constant contact with like Bianca and Stephan. I just think the buddy buddy theme of the whole episode may have given off that vibe, it's not like they won't compete. Honestly it seemed pretty forced at moments, like he kept saying how Kotetsu wanted to be a champion.

That's why it was sarcasm? They just looked so bored and like there was absolutely nothing to do or say to each other. Kind of like when Cilan was left alone cooking lunch when Ash and Iris went off on their adventure, although the difference is he had company this time and was still bored XD

5. JennaJayfeather

But they were so cute. ;-; They could hang out at the league in Ekruteak. Say hi to Morty and battle Ho-oh together.

Case in point- Waiting for people is boring.

And he did have company last time. His Pokemon. xP

6. gohan5

gohan5 Irisboy

But they didn't do anything to try to get rid of the boredom either.

Oh yes my mistake he did have them with him, who were also bored btw XD So it seems Cilan's just boring overall sometimes and it spreads to everyone around him XD

7. JennaJayfeather

Waiting several hours would be boring. xP Doesn't mean he is.

8. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

That friendship might end up ended sooner than we think. Remember that even though they are friends, someone is going to have to get passed someone else in order to win. I won't be thinking or their friendship once that happens. But yes, he does look nice.

9. WhyHelloThere

WhyHelloThere Well-Known Member

Idiot stole Ash's victory pose.

10. Bulba the Great!

Bulba the Great! We Do Not Sow

These episodes could have easily been split - Marlon barely got a word in. Meh, at least we got him at all.

Wailord should have battled, that would have been EPIC.

11. WhyHelloThere

WhyHelloThere Well-Known Member

That was a boring battle. Jellicent was beaten in one hit. It's also hard to care whether Kotetsu wins or loses.

I thought the first half was more entertaining. Marlon hardly got to do anything. Over all, bad episode.

12. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

I like this episode, my favourite of a few.

It was cool how they used Cameron, as a new rival to show off the gym and himself too! I really the first half of the episode were Ash and Cameron bond together. I also like how Cameron's shown to be like Ash in many ways, how they act and get along.

Haha, funny how they lost poor Cilan and Iris alone. I like how the group was; Ash, Cameron, Pikachu, Meloetta and Riolu. Nicely cool Pokemon combination. I thought the Pokemon expression were funny.
    It was sweet how Meloetta helped them find food in the rain. I thought the mistakes Cameron made are funny while still proves to be clever at times.
    Wow, Ash flipped his hat to save Cameron was epic, saying all those stuff from the bonding time. Oh, those star constellations are something. Lol, Cameron: Compass is confused too. XDDD

Awesome way to introduce Marlon, meeting back up at the gym with Cilan and Iris. A good gym battle, seeing Ash on the sides was different while Cameron does mistakes yet Ferrothorn and Samurott look cool with also Samurott anime debut I think. A nice win over Marlon's Mantine and Jellicent.

So Ash and Cameron say to meet up at the Unova League and say good bye!

13. Venusaur Master

Venusaur Master ProtoPrimeX

I really couldnt get into this episode, it showed just how much Ash has been dumbed down since BW began. By the time Marlon arrived you didnt really see his personality it was just a 2 on 2 battle that didnt do anything revolutionary except a mantine that can use grass and psychic attacks which was a nice change, but overall the gym battle felt squashed in.

14. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

An episode of two halves.

The first half involved the gang getting to Humilau City however Ash and Cameron get lost. This was actually a good thing because it allowed them to bond and we realise that they have similar interests and goals. I think this is the start of a great friendship.

The second half showed Cameron vs Marlon and unusually, Ash is on the sidelines :O. This battle had good moments showing Cameron's strong pokemon but he is far from a flawless trainer. I look forward to how he has developed from the league.

On to the next one!

15. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

This was an ok episode. I don't really have any comment other than the gym battle Cameron had seemed incredibly short.

16. harryheart

harryheart Well-Known Member

I agree with this comment about the gym battle feeling squashed in. It was a shame, but it was a nice change that Ash was on the sidelines as someone above me said.

I also really did enjoy the bonding bit between the two because it seemed to give Ash a chance to re-live his goals and dreams and let them come to the fore front of his mind again, because in my recollection I can't recall him mentioning wanting to be a Pokemon Master at all in Unova. Although I could easily be wrong there!!

It was also a nice change to see a few different Pokemon to the usual lot, as the only Ash Pokemon we saw was Pikachu, and it gave the writers a chance to showcase some of Cameron's Pokemon and also let us see a Mantine again and a Jellicent!!

Overall, a good episode but I'd like to have seen a longer Gym Battle that was a 3 on 3 rather than a 2 on 2.

17. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

Marlon's way too mellow, seriously Cameron flat out owned Mantine with Samurott and he didn't care at all, heck he even commented on how Cameron owned him.

lol guess they knew ahead of time since you can tell Samurott's a female, it's got that kind of voice tone down if you listen good enough.

Also why is Mantine now pronounced Mantine(tine sounded like Tin from Dratini) when it used to sound like "time" (change n and m) make up your mind dubbers.

Either way Cameron's got Idiot Savant syndrome it seems cause when it matters he tears stuff up in combat even if he doesn't have good mental control in other situations.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  18. Royal_Qeca

Royal_Qeca Pokémon Blue

Yap, you are wrong. He also said it to Iris and Cilan in the "Dreams by the Yard Full" (IIRC) for example.

19. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

This was an odd episode. It felt like filler for the first half which could of easily turned people off and the gmy battle was out of nowhere. I liked the battle and it made me like Samurott more than I already do however it was odd at the same time.

20. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

This episode...wasn't really that good. There was a complete disregard of weak moves. Ferrothorn couldn't handle a measly Psybeam. Apparently, Cameron's Samurott is a little bit too overpowered using water type moves on Mantine (it could've been a big difference in Mantine had Water Absorb). Also, poor Marlon was beaten quite too fast unlike Roxie, not to mention a damned 2-on-2 is completely unheard of in this anime.

I feel sorry for both Roxie and Marlon for deviating too much from the usual 3-on-3 format.

Also, Cameron would have lost using Riolu for sure. That was actually a blessing. So yes, this episode was less than average. Screw the fact there was a Riolu around to catch my attention. Another one needs a more deserving episode than this...