• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Road to Humilau (755)

Janovy

Banned
It's unfortunate. But I found nothing I liked about this episode. Nothing.
It really is a shame. Perhaps you should stop watching it?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Why did the arrogant mods here delete my post for no good ****ing reason? Really getting pissed off here. If they go and start delete posts because they were made before the episode started (as seen as other posts got deleted except those made strictly after 12 O'clock) because they want this thread to be strictly about the episode, then they still have no reason to delete my post because I talked about the preview that they air right before the episode starts, which sometimes show new footage! And they shouldn't close the AP-thread three hours in advance. Double standards a bit much? Can't talk in spoilers for hours, but if you talk a minute to soon, about something that aired at that second, then it gets deleted.. petty...

And here we go:
- We start off where we left off the last episode.
- Ash joins Kotetsu!
Opening, looking for changes, KOTETSU IN STEAD OF DAWN!!!
- Error, the group is travelling, and Ash and Kotetsu are just walking side by side..
- And Iris and Cilan are in front, look back, and both boys are gone. Well that was stupid..
- Meloetta shows up, Kotetsu is somehow not impressed..
- The boys now just notice that they've lost track of Iris and Cilan..
- Ash falls of a cliff, and hangs onto a vine, Kotetsu rescues him accompanied with epic moviescore..
- Meloetta caught Ash's hat and puts it back on.
- Kotetsu has a map, but.. it's blank paper?
- Much to Ash's distraught.
- They continue to argue about which road they should take until it gets night, and starts to rain.
- They take shelter in a cave, Pikachu and Riolu do a dog, Meloetta acts like a girl drying her hair.
- Ash has no food in his bag, Kotetsu has, or at least he thinks so, oh well, he doesn't have food either..
- But they're still hungry though.. Meloetta offers to go get some food..
- Jeez, Kotetsu and Ash are really alike..
- Meloetta has returned, with an apple.. Ash asks where she got it, and they all go and get more at the appletree.
- So far Riolu is pretty bland and 'just there'.
- Boy they eat a lot of apples.
- Kotetsu has a brainpoop moment.. Oh wait, they're talking about goals..
- Brofist sited!
- They sleep, Meloetta wakes them to see the dew on the leaves.
- Kotetsu has a compass.. They still disagree because the compass fails at life.
- Kotetsu now uses his nose to decide a travellingdirection. They enter a field.
- The skies are clearing and they can see the milkyway. Lol at this shot..
- LOL, BOUFFALANT AND SCOLIPEDE STARSIGNS!! xD
- And now they're crossing the field..
- Now Kotetsu falls of a cliff and hangs on by a vine, I guess this is Ash's chance to return the favor..
- Hold on Kotetsu, you still want to be a pokemon champion!!! Difference between Master and Champion?
- Ash nearly falls but Pikachu and Riolu save the day, Ash is weak.. -.-
- It's daytime.. Kotetsu and Riolu find the sea and run off the hill.
- They're at the marina, and here's Wailord and Marlon! (Preview scene)
- Iris and Cilan were already at the Seigaiha Pokecenter.
- Axew notices them on Wailord.. Wailord is surprisingly cute.
- Buttshot of Marlon.. -.-
- Ash and Kotetsu jump off Wailord to rejoin Iris and Cilan.
- Marlon has a pretty cool VA, but obviously, I can't really understand the entrance small talk.

Commercials. So far, the bonding is too obvious and he starts to feel as a combo between Richie and Morrison more then Barry and Richie.

- Back again.. Seigaiha City looks surprisingly small, oh wait, they were at the gym already.
- Kotetsu bows before challenging Marlon.
- Sounds like the referee says 'ni', meaning two vs. two. Shucks..
- Kotetsu fails at something, band slap.
- Okay, Kotetsu is ready now..
- Ash encourages Kotetsu.
- Marlon sends out Jellicent.
- Kotetsu sends out Ferrothorn, which lands on a small platform.
- Iris scolds for it looking awkard.
- PIN MISSILE: DODGED.
- Shadow Ball: DODGED.
- THUNDERBOLT: HIT, and faints --> Cursed Body activates though.
- Marlon sends out Mantine.
- THUNDERBOLT: Obviously doesn't work.
- They're all in shock as Kotetsu's mainstrategy doesn't work.
- Mantine uses BULLET SEED and PSYWAVE: HIt, and a FAINT.
- Ash encourages Kotetsu a bit more with 'Pokemon Champion'-stuff.
- Bandslap, and Kotetsu is ready again.
- Here comes Samurott, it's epic, but the VA is a bit high on his voice.
- BULLET SEED: DODGED.
- BULLET SEED underwater: DODGED
- HYDRO CANNON: HIT.
- AQUA JET: HIT
- Epic shots are epic...
- BULLET SEED: DODGED with RAZOR SHELL.
- WING ATTACK vs. RAZOR SHELL: MANTINE faints.
- Epic Samurott is epic..
- Everybody is happy about Kotetsu's accomplishments.
- Cilan says something about spices, such a failcharacter.
- Kotetsu gets his eighth badge. Lol, it looks like his seventh.. -.-
- Everybody rejoices that Kotetsu can now join Ash in the league.
- Kotetsu runs off, and the group continues their journey.
- End of episode

No Team Rocket, no Marine Tube either btw..

It really is a shame. Perhaps you should stop watching it?

Agreed. Not even the next episode he cares about. Not every episode has to be about battles or even drama.

dman_dustin

Perhaps you should stop watching it?

Why in the hell do people keep saying this?

I went over this with Heroes of Ideals last week. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO WATCH! THERE IS NO OTHER POKEMON ANIME SERIES OUT THERE THAT HAS ASH AS A MAIN CHARACTER WITH BRAND NEW EPISODES.

Or how about this? STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO STOP WATCHING THE SHOW, AND INSTEAD IGNORE THEIR POSTS.

Good lord does anyone really need to reply to my one line review of the episode? Seriously, anyone need to reply?

Janovy

Banned

I went over this with Heroes of Ideals last week. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO WATCH! THERE IS NO OTHER POKEMON ANIME SERIES OUT THERE THAT HAS ASH AS A MAIN CHARACTER WITH BRAND NEW EPISODES.

Or how about this? STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO STOP WATCHING THE SHOW, AND INSTEAD IGNORE THEIR POSTS.

Good lord does anyone really need to reply to my one line review of the episode? Seriously, anyone need to reply?
I'm sorry, but quite frankly, I find the fact that you could find absolutely nothing to like in this episode absurd.

You didn't even like how badass Samurott was?

If Pokemon is the only anime you watch, then you are childish. There are 1000+ animes out there, watch them.

And lastly, chill out.

They made Pokemon out of stars again? Why do they do this every odd gen? What are we supposed to derive from this? This must have some meaning outside of simple bonding. Maybe someone who knows about Japanese culture will have a hint.

Overall, fine episode. The best thing was Daikenki\Samurott. Although its movepool is quite similar to Oshawott it is fine cause it executed every move impressively. I don't expect much from writers when they do starters movepool. They are always disappointing.

@Locormus: What does AP means? Abbreviation to what?

@Zard: Found that strange too.

Janovy

Banned
I was under the impression Cursed Body only worked against phyiscal moves in the anime, did they change that?
Cursed Body has a 30% chance of disabling the opponent's used move when attacked.

I assume it was only coincidence that Cursed Body worked at Snivy's physical attacks.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

I kinda feel for you here man.. It seems if you're expectations have steadily outgrown this show..

That being said, this is a forum where people reply to other people's post. If you don't want people to reply, then don't post what you don't want people to reply to. You know it's as simple as that.

I kinda liked the battle, it was short. Jellicent was one shotted by Thunderbolt seeing as Pin Missile missed. They threw in Cursed Body just so that we remember the line has it and that Trip's Jellicent will activate it once or twice.. Mantine failed in my opinion, misses with Bullet Seed the entire time, and seriously, Bullet Seed against Ferrothorn? Heck, water moves had a better chance, but oh yeah:

MARLON DIDN'T USE ANY WATER TYPE MOVES AT ALL!!!

- Shadow Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Psywave
- Wing Attack/Steel Wing

It's that the battle was in the water, but otherwise I wouldn't have known judging by these moves.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Cursed Body has a 30% chance of disabling the opponent's used move when attacked.

I assume it was only coincidence that Cursed Body worked at Snivy's physical attacks.

The way that Iris was making it sound when Ash fought Trip's frillish, physical moves were the only ones susceptible to being effected, guess the writers finally got in gear and corrected this.

Only problem is now Trip's potential Jellicent's gonna be harder to beat...

^wait is that true? I know the guy was up against pokemon who could resist water attacks but still that don't feel right. Kinda reminds me of how Volkners Electivire only used Fire and Ice Punch, effective but not a good way of showing off your gym's element.

Last edited:

I thought it worked like Aftermath. Its description is quite misleading
When a move makes contact with the Pokémon, that move has a 30% chance of getting disabled

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I thought it worked like Aftermath. Its description is quite misleading

It just makes me wonder why Iris put so much emphasis on physical moves triggering it during the fight with Trip's Frillish when both types of attacks do so.

I don't know what suprises me more here, the fact Marlon didn't use water moves at all, or the fact that Mantine can use Bullet Seed which I just learned is true.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Was that X-Scissor?

No, it was a "double Razor Shell".

They made Pokemon out of stars again? Why do they do this every odd gen? What are we supposed to derive from this? This must have some meaning outside of simple bonding. Maybe someone who knows about Japanese culture will have a hint.

He was trying to navigate by the stars, and pointed out the constellations he was using for orientation. There was no deeper meaning to it than that.

Janovy

Banned
Yeah, I didn't really like how easy the gym battle went. :/

Marlon's debut deserved its own episode.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I'm sorry, but quite frankly, I find the fact that you could find absolutely nothing to like in this episode absurd.

You didn't even like how badass Samurott was?

He doesn't because he doesn't like Kotetsu because Kotetsu has pokemon he wants Satoshi to have and he cant enjoy it, at this point I'm tired of beating on a dead horse with him...

If I was him I would do what you told him or atleast shut up but I'm not so I'm not going to yet again try to reason with him.

------------------------

Meh fell asleep couldn't watch the episode, seeing what you guys wrote seems like it was a fun episode, Kotetsu and Satoshi interactions seem to be cool.

The gym battle did seem easy from what I'm reading, well it seems like they really want to hype Kotetsu since he was introduced late.

They just hyped Serperior and now Samurott, I hope Satoshi evolves his Pignite(not going to happen since that wasn't changed in the ending) or Belle appears soon and does something awesome with hers.

-------------------

Saw the pictures damn Rioulo is so cute :D.

The battles seemed good even though yes it was small but like I said I think the point here was to hype Kotetsu.

Samurott looks cool underwater but just like we can see in the last picture with the badge case and stuff, URGH it can't stand and just looks awful if it tries too, still a cool pokemon but I still wish it wasn't Dewott evolution.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
gotta admit, I think Roxie's stronger than Marlon in the anime but that's just my opinion.

Still can not believe that Mantine can use Bullet Seed now either what gen did that start happening?

I can also kinda agree i'm not happy about the fact it doesn't seem like Samurott can fully stand when using it's Razor Shell, makes it seem like a downgrade from Dewott.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
gotta admit, I think Roxie's stronger than Marlon in the anime but that's just my opinion.

Still can not believe that Mantine can use Bullet Seed now either what gen did that start happening?

I can also kinda agree i'm not happy about the fact it doesn't seem like Samurott can fully stand when using it's Razor Shell, makes it seem like a downgrade from Dewott.

Thats why I can't like the evolution, I just can't how the heck do you go from a samurai a mobile samurai, to a ****ing tank that has swords and can't even stand, the most stupid thing is that it can't stand.

It just makes me wonder why Iris put so much emphasis on physical moves triggering it during the fight with Trip's Frillish when both types of attacks do so.

Thats the reason I am finding it hard to believe that Cursed Body can work on all types of attacking moves. Besides it kind of makes the ability quite disastrous for the opponent. If you only have one Super Effective move then you are doomed.

Thats why I can't like the evolution, I just can't how the heck do you go from a samurai a mobile samurai, to a ****ing tank that has swords and can't even stand, the most stupid thing is that it can't stand.

Well look at the bright side, it can act as a pony for kids.