• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Road to Humilau (755)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Samurott still sucks just as much as it did in the first BW movie.. can't enjoy the episode because of this.

The only good thing is that this kid has it instead of Ash..

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, looks like an episode I'll enjoy.

Ash and Kotetsu bond, building up their rivalry.

Kotetsu shows his battling skills.

Marlon had a butt shot.

Other stuff.

Can't wait to watch it.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Yes! Samurott was amazing!

BUT.....

The bonding/rivalry part was meh in my opinion and the battle was disappointing short.
Kotesu was pretty funny and an alright battler...heck better than BW Ash in some cases. The headband must apparantly stop blood from flowing into his brain so strecthing makes him serious.

Marlon was pretty much meh in my opinion as he did not do much to stand out from other great gym leaders. Heck Roxie felt Elite four strength than he did.

Kotestu's Ferrothorn was underwhelming but Marlon's Jellicent was even worse if it was not for his Cursed body. However the Ferrothorn seemed pretty funny though.

Samurott's fighting was pure epic. Ash don't even bother; you may not even get a Samurott anyway...just stick with Seismitoad :) Double Razor Shell and it standing up on its hind legs was awesome! BUT damnit, its moveset is just as bad as Ash's Oshawott...which is what I was expecting. While hydro cannon is great along with Razor Shell and Aqua Jet and probably water gun, there is no coverage moves.

Speaking of too much water moves, I think all the water moves left Marlon's pokemon for Kotestu's Samurott. LOL

Again, it is a real shame that Ash has not even gotten a decent battle like this still in Unova.

Speaking of which, did Oshawott appear? I hope not! I was watching the pictures and I hope he did not appear...and act odd with the Samurott....the rage will never stop.

Overall 5/10

Last edited:

jrizza88

Meteorite
The battle did feel rushed, and you wouldn't even guess that this was an 8th gym leader. But I still loved the music and thought the plot was nice for some Kotestu/Ash interaction. I just can't get over how rushed that battle felt. I can kind of understand why someone might be disappointed. I actually enjoyed the junior cup a lot, but I give this a 7.5/10

wow that samurott...is just epic! ash could have something like that but noooooo
decent episode i guess..battle was short lived....too bad that walmor didnt battle...

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
how would Wailord even have battled? it would be a sitting target to constant attacks, somthing that big can't be so fast as to dodge attacks like they were nothing.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I didn't get up this morning like I planned...ahem

But this episode seems pretty good. XD I laughed at how they split up by just going in the wrong direction. XD Wow guys, really bright. xD

BlueDragonfangirl

Guys! Umm serebii accidently posted Oshawoot was in the episode, but he wasnt :eek:

Holy crap, Serebii made a mistake :p

Any ways, at least they showed Ash bonding with this rival unlike another rival we all know, it actually makes the rivalry better in my opinion.

Janovy

Banned
Any ways, at least they showed Ash bonding with this rival unlike another rival we all know, it actually makes the rivalry better in my opinion.
Nothing against Kotetsu, but Trip bonding with Ash would have been a much better episode. xD

Kotestu still doesn't interest me and the gym battle was really short. Marlon also deserved a better debut....this is probably the first and last time we'll see of him.

Overall, I'm left underwelmed from this episode.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Samurott still sucks just as much as it did in the first BW movie.. can't enjoy the episode because of this.

The only good thing is that this kid has it instead of Ash..

What's the matter with you? None of the starter evolutions are terrible. And the thought of Ash having Oshawott for the rest of the series is beyond stupid. I wish people would give it a chance.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
What's the matter with you? None of the starter evolutions are terrible. And the thought of Ash having Oshawott for the rest of the series is beyond stupid. I wish people would give it a chance.
To this day I still dislike Emboar's design, though the anime has made it a little better... but I flat out despise Samurott's design. Does that mean I want Ash to have Oshawott forever, no... but people are allowed to dislike/hate whatever they choose. Dewott is the better design IMO anyway.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i believe that if Samurott was well...more mobile with it's body structure...people wouldn't hate it so much.

lol the badge not fitting into the badge case hole completely, animation error?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
but I flat out despise Samurott's design.

=O I never understood what was wrong with Samurott's design to people. Emboar with all the flames is kind of hard to make out in the game...but Samurott always struck me to be detailed but you still had a good idea of what it is (a sea lion). I love sea lions and otters so I'm quite happy with this line. XDDD

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/755/DP354.jpg[/img139] [img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/745/DP358.jpg[/img139]

This says it all. These two are really alike...They even have the same pose!

An00bis

Wicked Witch
lol the badge not fitting into the badge case hole completely, animation error?

I noticed it during the Preview, but whoever animated this has a serious problem with proportions. They can draw Ash, Iris, and Cilian close enough but everything else had a tendancy to be either way too big (Riolu and Meloetta) or two small (Mantine didn't look big enough). Marlon's head seemed to gradually shrink as the episode went on.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
=O I never understood what was wrong with Samurott's design to people. Emboar with all the flames is kind of hard to make out in the game...but Samurott always struck me to be detailed but you still had a good idea of what it is (a sea lion). I love sea lions and otters so I'm quite happy with this line. XDDD
I think it's cool in a few ways, but it's design makes it completely the opposite of what its intended to be. Samurai are suppose to be nimble, graceful, and swift... everything that Samurott's design lacks. That's why Dewott does that job better. Not to mention, Samurott is a b**ch to draw anyway :p