• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Road to Humilau (755)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Yeah, but he's the lead of the show. He needs to struggle for us to cheer for him.
True... but I never understood why rivals other then Paul always got these free pass battles. I mentioned Paul because he did struggle against Roark

I haven't gotten to see the episode yet, but I viewed the photos. It looks good. I like that the gym battle wasn't rushed and there was time for bonding between Ash and Kotetsu. As much as you all wanted a long gym battle, getting to know the rival is important too. The gym battle looks good, but I'll have to see it in motion. The animation looks good and the battle between Mantine and Samurott was the most interesting part of it.
Have you not read a single post made in this thread? The battles were totally rushed... Ferrothorn OHKO Jellicent with a single Thunderbolt (which got affected by Curse Body)

Also about Curse Body... told you guys in the preview thread that it's totally inconsistent on how it works

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned

Joltik-Kid

Seems like a split decision on Samurott's debut... I personality didn't think anything special of it and it's moveset was simply atrocious (3 Water moves...really?) but I didn't flat out hate it. I'd like to know why the people who thought it was bad*** feel that way?

Seems like a split decision on Samurott's debut... I personality didn't think anything special of it and it's moveset was simply atrocious (3 Water moves...really?) but I didn't flat out hate it. I'd like to know why the people who thought it was bad*** feel that way?

Only little kids call things 'badass'.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Have you not read a single post made in this thread? The battles were totally rushed... Ferrothorn OHKO Jellicent with a single Thunderbolt (which got affected by Curse Body)

Also about Curse Body... told you guys in the preview thread that it's totally inconsistent on how it works

I noticed that. It's annoying, but I think it was redeemed with Mantine. Like I said, I need to see it, and we needed time for bonding anyway.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
=O I never understood what was wrong with Samurott's design to people. Emboar with all the flames is kind of hard to make out in the game...but Samurott always struck me to be detailed but you still had a good idea of what it is (a sea lion). I love sea lions and otters so I'm quite happy with this line. XDDD

At first I disliked samurott, but to me samurott at least differed himself from empoleon (which I felt like oshawott and dewott didn't do so well when black and white first came out.), so it was okay. (Still much prefered serperior. XD)

then I frucking saw its pokedex 3D sprite move...being a badass. i gained a respect the day I saw him pull that sword like thing out. XD (also is an awesome way to use razor shell.)

as for this episode...soudns like fun, but short. I want a longer battle for once... and he totally was being smart and sacking his jellicent to get rid of the ferrothorn that would totally wall and kill his mantine with thunderbolt.

:D

Rohanator

Razor Shell, Aqua Jet and a special Water move...dayumn Ash and Marlon, stop copying me. No, seriously, I used those moves on Samurott with Revenge/Ice Beam/Megahorn both times I've picked Oshawott in a play through(in competitive one would only use 2 physicals(Razor Shell/Water Fall + Aqua Jet or 1 special though) and it works. There's more to moves than type, each 3 have different uses. Geez people.
Anyway, Samurott was pretty boss. Hopefully it's popularity is increased enough in Japan so Ash could have one after the league when Kotetsu will most likely be gone for good. I'll do with Dewott too though.

RVD_fan

I like Kotetsu's pokemon but I found the Gym battle underwhelming

RickHoenn

Banned
Great episode! Kotetsu is cool, the gym battle was great. The battle didn't need to cover the whole episode, the bond between Ash and Kotetsu was needed so I don't get why people complain it was rushed. It was 50/50.

Oh man I wish Ash could get a Samurott but that's not happening..

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
OMG OMG...

I laughed. Iris called both Ash and Kotetsu kids...and then both him and Kotetsu were humming Mezase Pokemon Master. X3 After BW ends I'd totally like to see Kotetsu come back again...

Kotetsu's eyes are so pretty. xDD

Kotetsu you're supposed to search in your hair like Natsuya did for his styler.

Aw Kotetsu? Where are you at in times? You have to geocache like Dento does. XD

Oh gawd. -_- They can't work a compass?

Hmm there's a lot of changes in music lol.

PFFT. Kotetsu's silly.

Hmm new evolution theme...

Hahaha Dento and Iris sound bored. xD

I don't think Dento and Iris's brains can comprehend anything. They were like so..."Uuuuh" towards Marlon. xDD

LOL Riolu.

D'aaaw it's Mr. Pringles. :3

LLOL Dento and Iris...simultaneous fall. XDDD

Eh? Ferrothorn can learn Thunderbolt? O.e

omg Mr. Pringles o.o;

Ferrothorn looked possessed. xD

Hmm I thnk riolu is afraid to battle. :/

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT I THNK SAMUROTT IS a GIRL. IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE ANY SEA LION I HEARD.

It's a coincidence when Samurott says "Dai, Dai" it sounds like it's dying.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I see several people comparing Kotetsu to Ritchie, for the sole reason of him being quite similar to Ash..

To me, that doesn't make sense since the only reason Ash and Ritchie were so alike was because they shared several Pokemon lines. If anything, i'd say he's kind of like a mix of Morrison and Barry, personality wise. I like him..

shac

It was really fun watching Samurott in a full-fledged battle. And it can actually stand on its hind legs....cool is cool!

Also now we have frenzy plant on Trip's Serperior, Hydro-cannon on Kotetsu's Samurott. Please Ash evolve pignite and make Emboar learn Blast burn. i don't want Bianca's Emboar to debut BB

jrizza88

Meteorite
I didn't like the way this episode was executed. The first half was just random shenanigans, and we didn't even get the Gym battle until the end. I'm all for characters bonding, but it seemed unnecessary here. Anyway, Kotetsu got on my nerves; I thought he would be interesting, but he reminds me of a thousand other male characters. I'm not here for reductivity. I really like Marlon though. He looked fierce. But the battle was bland. I think we all knew that Kotetsu would win, so there wasn't any suspense. I'm sure people are rating this episode a 10 out of 10 just for Samurott though. That just goes to show how times have changed.

who gave a 10 out of 10??? *looks around*

dd1zzle

Was the only one that said to themselves, after watching that gym battle: "The theme song is longer than this."

Joltik-Kid

Maybe I'll watch the dub version of this when it comes out (like next year) and see if I like it then. I've got nothing against subbed, but I wanna see the dub version

Also, it's super hard to believe... but Burgundy is in sole possession of the most diverse movepool of the Oshawott family.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I absolutely loved this episode. I already watched it properly and the bonding part (aka the first 10 minutes) are the most amazing scenes I have seen lately in Best Wishes. I really like this new rival and it gave me hope about this saga because I was starting to find it really boring to watch. Oh and the battle was ok... A little bit rushed but ok.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Also now we have frenzy plant on Trip's Serperior, Hydro-cannon on Kotetsu's Samurott. Please Ash evolve pignite and make Emboar learn Blast burn. i don't want Bianca's Emboar to debut BB

I think it would be better to give up on that dream of Ash's starters getting to use the elemental beams. He had like 4 fully evolved starters in the anime until now (Charizard, Sceptile, Torterra and Infernape). But none have learned those moves yet.
In fact when Sceptile returned for the Sinnoh League he used Leaf Storm as its new move. The writer could have easily given it Frenzy Plant, but no they didn't.

I think since Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon are considered to be the powerful attacks in the anime, i guess that writers have decided to not give those moves to Ash's starters, since they most likely believe that it would make Ash's starter pokemons more powerful. So, the moves got reserved for the Rivals or so random COTD.

So, most likely it would be Bianca's Emboar who would debut that move in the anime. And if she doesn't, then it would be someone else, but not Ash's starter pokemons.