• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Road to Humilau (755)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Dat Samurott dub voice

Seriously, Samurott is a fierce Pokemon that roars to subdue it's opponents.

Why the hell does he have a soft voice.

She has a soft voice, because she is female..

..Still doesn't change the fact that its a god awful cry, but then its a god awful design for a Pokémon, so it suits IMO..

One thing this episode did succeed with was reigniting my passion for Mantine. Its an awesome little Pokémon really.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
well the first part of the episode took up so much time (or at least had so much going on) that I almost couldn't see how there would be time for a gym battle at all! lol actually I was shocked when the commercial break came on, realizing it was only half way done. Still, the amount of stuff in the episode, as well as it not being ash's battle, probably made it have to be a shorter one. I don't think ash has ever had a two on two gym battle though, at least not for a long time...

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I didn't think that Samurott, as a Pokémon, could get any worse.. then I heard its dub voice.
Well seeing as it's female... kinda hard to make it sound good ^^;

sandy ketchum

This one was not bad at all

Sorren&Rocko

Now managed by Rocko
Cameron did a great job battling against Marlon. The first half we actually enjoyed.

After watching the Japanese version and more recently the dub, I wish more time was devoted to Cameron's Pokemon in this episode. Don't get me wrong, though; I loved Samurott and Ferrothorn in this battle. More time should have been spent on the battle, not getting separated. The writers could have made it a 3-on-3 and given one of Cameron's losses in the league some spotlight by taking out Marlon's third. Swanna would have been ideal since Hydreigon and Lucario starred against Ash. I guess my point is just that the writers should have made the battle longer and focused on Cameron's Pokemon more.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
At least Cameron cracks me up, though I haven't liked him as much as fellow hyperactive rivals Barry and Bianca. I don't know, when it comes to Ash's league-only rivals, I still like Morrison (from Hoenn) the best. At least the funniest part was when Cameron realized he left riolu behind for the gym battle.

6/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It was nice to see Marlon included in the anime. I wish Ash could have battled him though.

NPT

Just a member
This was an OK episode, but the animation was well-done. It's nice to see Gym leader Marlon in Anime, I would like to see a battle between him and Ash ... but Cameron needed the badge. Marlon and Cameron's battle was short, but it's funny when Cameron realized that he left Riolu behind for the gym battle.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I watched this episode again and I loved Marlon's use of Jellicent's Cursed Body to disable Cameron's Ferrothorn's Thunderbolt, although I screamed at the way Ferrothorn looked like it was having a seizure. Samurott beating Marlon's Mantine with Razor Shell made me cringe as well.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
It's a shame this episode has been completely forgotten about by the majority of the fandom regarding Cameron. Basically it had a "don't judge a book by its cover" scenario, even Ash, Iris and Cilan judged Camerons' abilities as a trainer due him being so forgetful, until he's show he's actually really good. In the fight against Marlon came up with a plan which worked in his favour as well as in his other battles (against the Elektross trainer and Bianca) that is until the one against Ash....

The battle with Ash in the Unova League is the only time Cameron's character got messed up, badly (and be angry at the writers for that, not the character). It completely threw out the window the entire point of his character and that's he might be an idiot, but his determination, strength and skill as a trainer is what got him this far. So yeah, what I'm saying is people should look back at this episode and remember, remind themselves when Cameron got a good showing.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The best bit in this episode was when Samurott debuted in the main anime. And Marlon debuted as well. But disappointed that Ash didn't get to battle Marlon.