• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Rocket (Prologue)

dash142

Beginning Trainer
I am so going to finish this one...

This fic will be about Giovanni and Team Rocket's rise to power. It will start off in Giovanni's youth, where Team Rocket is currently is a mafia-like family, ruled by Giovanni's mom still of course. But here in this time, Teams Galactic, Magma, Aqua, Cipher, and Go-Go are also mafia families, and they are all fighting for control of Kanto and Johto.

It will chronicle Giovanni's mission to make his family the most powerful, and to run out the enemy families to their respective regions. There will be deaths in it, which just boosts Giovanni's desire to destroy the other teams and his dream to become ruler of the Kanto Underground even stronger, though he will be affected by the deaths negatively too. He's not as cold as he is in the anime and manga, at least not yet...

Now, on with the prologue. Chapter One will be posted eventually, I've already started on it.
The fic will over all be rated PG-13 though some chapters may be rated R.

The Rocket

Prologue​

A young, seventeen year old Giovanni Rocket sat in one of the big comfy chairs in the library of his family’s huge, luxurious mansion. The future criminal mastermind was quite handsome, having dark black hair that went down to his eyebrows in the front and about midway down his neck in the back. His eyes currently being large, happy yet at the moment lazy looking orbs of darkness, were a bit depressing to look at, though still attractive.

Giovanni was of course, as always, dressed in a black Armani suit over a collared, white long sleeved shirt and black slacks with matching dress shoes. The family insignia, a bright red, capital “R” was embroidered on a patch on the upper-right side of his suit. He had just finished reading a book written by the young and up-coming Pokemon Professor, Samuel Oak. Giovanni was impressed after reading the young professor’s work, he really was a genius, just like the rumors said.

At first Giovanni was a bit angry after hearing that Oak had gotten the funding for his new project which would take about a couple of years to complete. Apparently he was going to build the first portable and electronic Pokemon encyclopedia the world had ever seen. Giovanni’s family had numerous book versions of the Pokedex in his library, and as part of his schooling young Giovanni had already read through the entire latest version.

There were many powerful pokemon he had read about in the primitive Pokedexes, though the ones that really interested him were the ones that had only made it into the fairy-tail books so far, and that were only just getting enough evidence to their existence to be confirmed as real. These were of course… legendary pokemon.

Giovanni however, started off on his pokemon journey back when he was ten, just like any youngster in the Pokemon World. He chose Charmander as his starter and even managed to obtain all eight badges, getting the last one from his mom as a gift despite losing against her. He made it to the Indigo Plateau then and fought to claim his title as the league champion, though was beaten in the final match by some kid from Johto with red spiky hair who was really only eight at the time.

His mom was furious that Giovanni didn’t become the champion, and forced him to come home and start studying to take over the family business. Though a few years later after finding out that the boy who beat Giovanni became the champion of the Elite Four she apologized for being so harsh on him and slowly started to be nice to him again, though she never fully got over the fact that her son didn’t get to become the champion himself.

The reason Giovanni was angry upon hearing that Professor Oak had obtained the funding was because the other person who he was hoping to get it, was a good friend of his family. The man was known as Blaine Flames, an up and coming young scientist very much like Oak, though he dabbled more in the genetics field, which was a bit new and thus, the funding went to Samuel, who’s idea was more realistic even though Blaine had the backing of Giovanni’s family, the Rockets.

Giovanni’s family was one of the richest and most influential families in the Kanto and Johto regions. This was of course, due partly to the fact that, his family was of the Mafioso, or Mafia for short. There were of course, many different mafia’s in the Kanto and Johto regions though. The most powerful of those being the Magma, Aqua, and Galactic families. Other minor Mafioso’s included those like the Go-Go Bandits, or the Cipher family.

The Rocket family only just started to gain a good reputation around Kanto, when Giovanni’s mother took over as head of the family. The Rocket family was really on the verge of going bankrupt, when she took over and became known as Madame Boss. She made the family’s finances do a complete one-eighty and also made it become one of the most powerful ones in the nation. At the time she took over, Kanto was any man’s land though, and that’s when the rival families came into the picture.

The Magma and Aqua families were Giovanni’s family’s biggest competition. They came from the tropical region of Hoenn, where they’re constantly fighting each other to determine who controls it. The Magma family specializes in fire and ground type Pokemon, and according to his mother, Giovanni heard that their really just a bunch of eco-terrorists who want to increase the land mass. Giovanni thought that it was a little preposterous as he though the proportion between land and sea was just fine the way it was.

The Aqua family was the total opposite to the Magma family when it came to type preference though, which solved the mystery of why they fought each other. They preferred water types, and to counter the intention of the Magma family, they wanted to increase the seas, which seemed even stupider than Magma’s idea to Giovanni. They heavily controlled the seas though, so all transactions done by their enemies have had to be done in the air or on land.

The one thing those two had in common though, was their unwillingness to share Kanto and Johto with the Rocket family, or with any other family really, which is why the tensions between them and Giovanni’s families were so high. One family that was willing to ally itself with the Rockets though, was the Galactics. Though this was mostly due to the fact that the heads of both families were single parents, both with son’s, although the son of the Don of the Galactic family was about five years older than Giovanni was, they still got along great.

Being that the Rocket and Galactic family’s heads had much in common, they were secretly in a relationship, though the don of Galactic, known as “Sun” was quite a bit older than Madame Boss. In reality they were both really using each other, as Galactic had the entire region of Sinnoh to itself, it was very wealthy and they helped the Rocket Family out of their money problems.

Though of course, that, and their relationship would of never happened if Madame Boss wasn’t such an attractive woman. Hers and Sun’s personalities were really totally different. Somehow though, Giovanni and Sun’s son, known as Pluto Galactic, got along quite well really. Giovanni saw Pluto as the cool older brother he never had… or in his case, given his mother’s past, the one he never knew.

Giovanni set down the book by Professor Oak that he was reading, which was really just a collection of eye-witness reports of legendary Pokemon, and also the Professor’s theories on the legendary Pokemon based on those reports. His theories and evidence made the scientific community really start to believe in legendary Pokemon, and even swayed people who had previously been total non-believers.

The book was an early birthday present from his family’s butler, Evergreen. Though of course, being the son of the leaders of one of the most powerful criminally involved families in the world, he would doubtlessly get even more presents. Also since it would be his eighteenth birthday tomorrow, his gifts would be even better than usual.

As Giovanni stepped out of the library, he heard the doorbell ring, and he knew exactly who had arrived, being as how he had been expecting them the entire day.
==========================================================

So yeah... discuss, review, ask questions and all that. I already answered some of the major questions in the Fic Idea's thread though.

It will probably have DiamondShipping, and he will probably have the red-haired son as well. I don't know if his kids will appear or not though.

It will borrow some things from the manga though, you can probably guess what that is from reading the preview though.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Two MAJOR turnoffs

-The surnames. Even if you want to go with the pun names, at least try to be clever about it.
-"many different mafia’s" and "Other minor Mafioso’s"...plural doesn't work that way.

Also, why are you dumping the entire history on us all at once? Reveal it to us over time! Otherwise it seems we have nothing to learn.

dash142

Beginning Trainer
-Yes, I suppose I should have changed them a bit. I will definetly do that.
-I wasn't really sure on the plural of that, so I will fix those mistakes as well. (fixed)

Well, I just wanted to give a good background so the readers would know about when the story was taking place. I guess I could take out the part explaining Team Magma and Aqua (Has been taken out) , as well as what happened on Giovanni's pokemon journey. (Has been taken out)

Team Aqua shall be known as the Aguavero Family, Team Magma will be the Volkano Family, the Rockets will be known as the Rackesta family, Cipher is Cipieriex, and Galactic will be Galatista. Are those names good?

Last edited:

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Hi, I just read the prologue and it seems like an excellent idea for a story.
I think the new names are way better than just the team names.

I'm looking forward to this stories debut, see you then.
~JammyU