• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The role of Kanto in Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSilver

You could like an idea, but when you think such an idea has a chance of happening, they you could begin to doubt your own intelligence. And, judging by the post I first quoted from you, you apparently thought such an idea could. Especially from a guy who thought 8 times 4 was 16. :|

Did I say that had a chance of happening? I did make myself clear when I said it would be like the original one, or like Buck's house, no? And, I know 8 times four is 32, I just assumed that when he said 16 leaders, he meant the 16 leaders from the regions not in the game.

Did I say that had a chance of happening? I did make myself clear when I said it would be like the original one, or like Buck's house, no? And, I know 8 times four is 32, I just assumed that when he said 16 leaders, he meant the 16 leaders from the regions not in the game.

You're post implied. But I guess I'm wrong.

Huh, what?

Sarcasm, haha.

Yeah. Maybe we should just talk about something related to the game, instead of talking about things that are completely stupid to talk about.

I second that. There's just nothing to talk about... :|

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
What the heck is everyone talking about? Has this thread gone to anarchy? What does multiplication have to do with it?!

Kanto should be like the Sevii Islands in these games. The place where you haven't quite gone to the National Dex, but you're getting there. Once you defeat a Kanto bourne Team Rocket scheme which involves a stolen Diamond and Pearl, then you can trade with the other games and go National.

I say Kanto should have Groudon and Kyogre in it. Groudon should have caused the Cinnabar volcano, but long before you started your journey giving people time to recover, and when you arrive the Groudon is passive inside the volcano. Kyogre should be in the sea nearby. The Safari Zone should be open and contain Kanto Pokemon; for the contest enthusiasts, there can be a Super Contest megaplex in Celadon City, the City of Rainbow Dreams. The trees and scenery should be updated, and I hope to see the Magnet Train go right through its path where it needs to through Kanto.

xX-LUGIA-Xx

A world of colour...
Wouldn't it be awesome if we had more things to do in Kanto? Like stronger wild Pokemon instead of the same old weak things in Mt. Silver. We should also be able to catch the legendary birds (Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres) and have more of a diversity of wild Pokemon to catch.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
We should also be able to catch the legendary birds (Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres)

Many people wanted them to be obtainable in HGSS (myself included), but it is rather unlikely since the three birds are already catchable in Platinum. And originally, they are not obtainable. Even the mere mention of their names are nowhere to be found in the games (except the Pokédex).

Zatch 89

Does anyone remember that house in Viridian City where you could battle yourself? I hope that's in there too.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

Does anyone remember that house in Viridian City where you could battle yourself? I hope that's in there too.
I love that house! It's easy free experience! However, I think it would be cool if the default trainer for that house was Marina, and then when you had friends on your Pal Pad you could battle them in the house. ;189;

I'm hoping for a major expansion of the Team Rocket plotline in Kanto, since that one stupid Grunt in Cerulean was a joke. Maybe there's a storyline with them connected to the cutting down of the Viridian Forest, or better yet to the closed Dungeon? That would give a great excuse for doing Mew and Mewtwo events. ;151;

SuperSilver

I love that house! It's easy free experience! However, I think it would be cool if the default trainer for that house was Marina, and then when you had friends on your Pal Pad you could battle them in the house. ;189;

I'm hoping for a major expansion of the Team Rocket plotline in Kanto, since that one stupid Grunt in Cerulean was a joke. Maybe there's a storyline with them connected to the cutting down of the Viridian Forest, or better yet to the closed Dungeon? That would give a great excuse for doing Mew and Mewtwo events. ;151;

I think maybe in Kanto they need to working towards trying to build back up team rocket, rather than just take a stupid part from a power plant.

Grei

not the color
Reverting back to the discussion of a single set level curve for all of the gym leaders; once defeating them all, why shouldn't they be able to contact the trainer via Match Call function? Upon a rematch, the respective leader will have an improved party, whether it be changing the levels, or completely switching the Pokemon who appear. Then, after two or so rematches, the Pokemon will just halt their growth pattern.

I personally wouldn't mind it if, after challenging one Kanto leader, one of the Johto leaders becomes ready for a rematch, and by the time you beat all of Kanto's Gym Leaders, all of the Johto Gym Leaders can be re-challenged.

Also, I'd like for some of the Johto Leaders to have National Dex Pokemon during your rematches. Jasmine is one candidate, since it was discussed before that after her battle with you in Olivine, she'd simply "go away to a far-off region" or something, which would be Sinnoh, and return by the time you could rebattle her. Her Magneton could become a Magnezone. She could also catch some other Steel-type native to Sinnoh.

And then, Pryce's Piloswine could become a Mamoswine, he could have a Sneasel (first battle) could become a Weavile (rematch), Bugsy's Scyther could become a Scizor, etc.

I never knew about that house...sounds really cool. I think it'd be cool for that to be where Kris appears, though I'd like for Kris to have more of a role in HGSS, even just as a NPC (though it probably won't happen :'( ).

The Unknown Dungeon was meant to be closed down after Mewtwo was caught. I don't think it was purposeful--I thought that, with Mewtwo gone, the cave just collapsed.

Team Rocket trying to cut down Viridian Forest to collect the wild Pokemon there would be a great thing for them to be doing. I mean, it wouldn't be a good thing to do, but it'd be a good reason for them to be there. ^^;

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
as I skimmed through this I believe that Sevii should be in at least for team rocket and Lorelei

they just can pretend that it didn't exist

SuperSilver

I personally wouldn't mind it if, after challenging one Kanto leader, one of the Johto leaders becomes ready for a rematch, and by the time you beat all of Kanto's Gym Leaders, all of the Johto Gym Leaders can be re-challenged.

Also, I'd like for some of the Johto Leaders to have National Dex Pokemon during your rematches. Jasmine is one candidate, since it was discussed before that after her battle with you in Olivine, she'd simply "go away to a far-off region" or something, which would be Sinnoh, and return by the time you could rebattle her. Her Magneton could become a Magnezone. She could also catch some other Steel-type native to Sinnoh.

And then, Pryce's Piloswine could become a Mamoswine, he could have a Sneasel (first battle) could become a Weavile (rematch), Bugsy's Scyther could become a Scizor, etc.

I never knew about that house...sounds really cool. I think it'd be cool for that to be where Kris appears, though I'd like for Kris to have more of a role in HGSS, even just as a NPC (though it probably won't happen :'( ).

The Unknown Dungeon was meant to be closed down after Mewtwo was caught. I don't think it was purposeful--I thought that, with Mewtwo gone, the cave just collapsed.

Team Rocket trying to cut down Viridian Forest to collect the wild Pokemon there would be a great thing for them to be doing. I mean, it wouldn't be a good thing to do, but it'd be a good reason for them to be there. ^^;

Adding some National Dex evolutions would just add to the power of the gym leaders, which they really need. Especially in Jasmine's case, considering there were only like, three steel pokemon back then. But, I hope these games lead to people starting to use some older pokemon. Like, for example, Mankey, Poliwhirl, Corsola, Miltank, Gastly, Zubat, Growithle, and other pokemon that are very good, but people have forgotten about. So, I sort of think that they shouldn't mess with the Dex.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Kanto definately needs more things, since it was so boring to be able to continue playing after the Elite 4 only for the place to have nothing of interest.

Grei

not the color
Adding some National Dex evolutions would just add to the power of the gym leaders, which they really need. Especially in Jasmine's case, considering there were only like, three steel pokemon back then. But, I hope these games lead to people starting to use some older pokemon. Like, for example, Mankey, Poliwhirl, Corsola, Miltank, Gastly, Zubat, Growithle, and other pokemon that are very good, but people have forgotten about. So, I sort of think that they shouldn't mess with the Dex.

Technically, there were five: Magnemite, Magenton, Skarmory, Scizor, and Steelix. However, the last two weren't accessible until you reached the S.S. Anne. :( *remembers having to wait for Scizor*

According to a scan we got, Johto's Regional Dex is the same as in GSC. We know because the numbering for Mareep is the same. If Togekiss was added after Togetic, then Mareep's number would be one higher than what was shown (I think it was, like, 51 or something). Unless 3rd- and 4th- Gen Pokemon are added to the end of the Johto Dex, we aren't seeing them until the National Dex.

markos012

i really like that idea of them having different pokemon when and if you can have a rematch with them

Chaos Rush

Technically, there were five: Magnemite, Magenton, Skarmory, Scizor, and Steelix. However, the last two weren't accessible until you reached the S.S. Anne. :( *remembers having to wait for Scizor*
Actually you could obtain Scizor and Steelix before the Elite 4. On the Route with the Miltank farm on it, you could catch wild Magnemite, and sometimes they would be holding a Metal Coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.