• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The role of Kanto in Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinfrodo

Cascade Trainer
I think it would be cool if areas in Kanto could only be reached by rock climb. Those areas being the ones that activate the location evolutions like Leafeon, Glaceon, etc. So that way they are still accessible but they wouldn't be areas you could previously get to in the original games so you couldn't evolve them.

A nice addition would be fog in Mt. Moon, wouldn't it?
Just thought of it.
And Flash in Rock Tunnel as always, if it's ever gonna come back.

But I doubt everything.
What.

Of course Rock Tunnel will come back, and Flash is obviously going to stay as a TM.

And I don't care for fog either way. It's annoying in battles.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I hope they will have Cerelean cave. It would be cool if as soon you came into the region your Pokemon would get nicked.( You would get them back later) and you had to get another starter Pokemon.

LedZeppelin1

Expect theUnexpected
Although this whole 'starting over' idea seems cool, I highly doubt GF will actually do that, that just strays way far off the norm of anything that's been done in a Pokemon game before.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Which I don't understand. Unless Clair was the one to activate it, and it was used on the way to the Pokemon League, I don't get why you'd even make Rock Climb an HM in HGSS anyway. The HMs are usually used during the main plot of the game at least once, never exclusively in the post-game area.

Have you ever played Ruby and Sapphire? Not only is cut completely out of the way, but you don't need it at all to beat the game. The same could be said about defog. The fog definitely makes it an inconvenience, but you don't actually need it to progress.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Your right I got to the end of the game in Emerald and found it after beating the leage. It was strange and I was like what?

lansbury9

The role of Kanto in Heart Gold and Soul Silver will definitely be bigger map wise, as it is on the DS and Johto wasn't it's intended size to begin with. There will be welcome changes as with any Pokémon remake, such as Mt. Silver being in there, making it where the path to the league is different with trainers instead of the officers along the way. The Kanto routes will have reasonable re-do's, as we have already seen since Kanto was confirmed, with Mt. Silver being appropriately above the league, pushing the road down. The games look creative, so expect more changes as the makers move on. Some speculation will be redundant when the games come out, and the run-up to the games' announcement, which is now locked, was already rather argumentative. Things can get out of hand, you see. It is a short period before release, and so can someone close this thread? Let's discuss on confirmed on confirmed stuff and be happy. Thanks.

blizzard909

<--Best Pokemon Ever
Huh????? Have you ever even played a pokemon game???? All of game freaks games were very good and things won't get out of hand

P.S. This is a good thread not a bad one

Ampy

Light The Stars
The role of Kanto in Heart Gold and Soul Silver will definitely be bigger map wise, as it is on the DS and Johto wasn't it's intended size to begin with. There will be welcome changes as with any Pokémon remake, such as Mt. Silver being in there, making it where the path to the league is different with trainers instead of the officers along the way. The Kanto routes will have reasonable re-do's, as we have already seen since Kanto was confirmed, with Mt. Silver being appropriately above the league, pushing the road down. The games look creative, so expect more changes as the makers move on. Some speculation will be redundant when the games come out, and the run-up to the games' announcement, which is now locked, was already rather argumentative. Things can get out of hand, you see. It is a short period before release, and so can someone close this thread? Let's discuss on confirmed on confirmed stuff and be happy. Thanks.

Why would you want this thread closed, we are having a very good discussion, and this is the reason for it being here... speculation

Soul Silver95

look i no that your new and im pretty new myself but we dont just close threads because you dont like them. I think this is a really good thread as a matter of fact and i check it out nearly every day because its a really good thing to discuss...you make a few valid point here but its still good to speculate, there is like still three weeks to go..;munchlax;

blizzard909

<--Best Pokemon Ever
umm... this is getting sort of off topic... so let's discuss something else any ideas Ampy or Soul Silver95

Grei

not the color
Have you ever played Ruby and Sapphire? Not only is cut completely out of the way, but you don't need it at all to beat the game. The same could be said about defog. The fog definitely makes it an inconvenience, but you don't actually need it to progress.

Yet you ENCOUNTERED the trees and the fog before the league. You met every single obstacle that needed an HM to eliminate before reaching the league itself.

Cut - All over the place, there are trees to cut
Surf - Reaching the league itself (it's all over the place, though)
Fly - You actually didn't ever NEED this one to reach the League, but that's fine, nobody's saying Fly needs to be
Rock Smash - Mt. Coronet (but all over anyway)
Defog - Mt. Coronet
Rock Climb - All over, but specifically for reaching Spear Pillar
Waterfall - Reaching the league itself
Strength - Mt. Coronet

What's being suggested is that Rock Climb is ONLY usable in Kanto, and not used before the league. In HGSS, Kanto is the post-game area. All HMs usually are used before the post-game.

Ampy

Light The Stars
umm... this is getting sort of off topic... so let's discuss something else any ideas Ampy or Soul Silver95

Well, has anyone discussed about what else they could add, maybe a new area, and what is going to happen to the Power Plant and Seafoam islands? I know peopled have discussed this before but never came to a conclusion

blizzard909

<--Best Pokemon Ever
I'm curious about the seafoam islands this is what I'm curious about
-- will they have pokemon on them?
--how will they look?
-- will they have any siequests
-- and most of all will they have a major importance to the story????

Ampy

Light The Stars
^I know without Articuno (well if the birds aren't in it), there really is no point of going there... they should change it if Articuno's not gonna be in there

blizzard909

<--Best Pokemon Ever
Yeah I agree completely but I want it to be a place where you can catch lots of uncommon ice pokemon

Ampy

Light The Stars
^Yeah Lapras, should be in there, you could only get one in the originals and in FRLG it was a 1% chance of catching it -_-, although you could get one for free

Ammako

No, in the originals you could catch one Lapras every Friday.
You couldn't change the day the same way you could change the clock, though.
but in HG/SS it will be based on the DS's clock and calendar, so you will be able to change the day of the week to get more Lapras.

Status
Not open for further replies.