• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The role of Kanto in Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gokuzaru

GOLD, Master Of All
eventually they will consult to putting every region in one all massive game. it will happen sooner or later.

Lucario_1914

It'll destroy us all
I dont think that will happen any time soon remember a game card came only hold so much

Grei

not the color
I dont think that will happen any time soon remember a game card came only hold so much

...right now, there's enough room for 4 Sinnoh regions in the DS game card. I think that, by the time an all-regions game could possibly be made, the game card's memory would've increased enough to hold much, much more.

Trust me, memory isn't (and likely never again will be) an issue.

parade911

remakes of ruby and sapphire and NOT emerald will probably be released 10 yrs later. by that time, most of u guys wud have gone through puberty/gone to college/become parents...or somethin.

anwys, can we get back to topic? u can talk about remaking games in another thread :D

from wat i can tell, since many MANY features have been added to johto, kanto will be bigger. it shud at least be 1/4 of the game. if it stayed the same way as opposed to johto, itll be like 1/2376535286325.

HoennMaster

I guess I could see remakes of R/S just so that all the regions could be on games where the internal battery is not a problem.

I still wonder what connection Suicune is going to have to Kanto. It seems strange to catch it so late in the games.

m190049

Local psychopath
I guess I could see remakes of R/S just so that all the regions could be on games where the internal battery is not a problem.

Ruby and Sapphire are on the GBA. As GBA games are playable with the DS, that means that at the moment, all four regions are compatible with the Nintendo DS. Until they come out with a next-gen system, there's not really that much of a drive to remake R/S, from a financial standpoint.

...And internal battery isn't really much of an issue with those games anyway.

Kanto still is not confirmed to be in the game.
Yes, it is.

pallettown.jpg

Gold w/ Typhlosion, in Pallet Town.

Last edited:

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
I wonder ..what will happen in lavender

GengarNightmare

I wonder ..what will happen in lavender

Lavender Town is a pretty blank slate. The only purpose of it before was to get the Radio Card for Kanto. Other than that, I have no idea.

Soul Silver95

eventually they will consult to putting every region in one all massive game. it will happen sooner or later.

Yes its a strong possibility but we are talking about next gen because i really cant see it happening on the ds. If they do make a game like that it would be CLASS!!!;);munchlax;

Hey, not only that, but maybe we could move the characters diagonally too, just like the console Pokemon games on the cube. It would be great to see a dream coming true with all four regions (and maybe more in the future) altogether in one game. The more memory data increases, the better and just who knows what the graphics might be like?! Perhaps a cel shaded Pokemon adventure?

Now, in Vermillion City, the old man and his machop (poor thing never evolved in three years) have been building this house since R/B/G/Y/Fr/LG and all they've done was pound the dirt. Three years later in Johto, the building is still not there in G/S/C. Will there be a building there in Hg/Ss? If there is a building there, what will it become and how would it serve its purpose? I hope they keep Viridian Forest intact because the G/S/C Kanto was just small in the game.

m190049

Local psychopath
Guys, they're not going to make a game with all regions in it. Dream all you want, but the chances are almost nothing, if not actually nothing. Why would they make one game with all of them when they can just sell them separately? It results in an overall loss of profit, and just doesn't go over well.

Three years later in Johto, the building is still not there in G/S/C. Will there be a building there in Hg/Ss?
...Hg/Ss is a remake of G/S/C.

Why would it be any different? =/

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Guys, they're not going to make a game with all regions in it. Dream all you want, but the chances are almost nothing, if not actually nothing. Why would they make one game with all of them when they can just sell them separately? It results in an overall loss of profit, and just doesn't go over well.

Well, if you consider all of the differences between RBY and FrLg, you have your answer. Remakes are not direct ports, and as such, they are very prone to have many things that the original games did not.

Platypus9600

I think that they'll make it something like Pokemon Classic Version featuring the first four with a tweaked storyline too make it flow. Like leaving your last region Pokemon -starter at Oak's Lab ready to be recalled as in the anime.

HERLS

LOLOLOL

Because HG/SS is an expanded remake, not a humdrum one like FrLg. Events have been added, plot points have expanded and many buildings, cosmetic or otherwise, have been added to the game. The way I see it, the more they add to Kanto, the better, and if they can find a fitting idea for a new facility of some sort in Vermillion, why not retcon it so that the old man actually finishes what he's building?

On another note, come on guys. Stop turning this thread into another "all regions in one game" thread. It's annoying us members with common sense.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I hope they make some kind of plot in Lavender. It was only fun in RBY where you had to fight all those ghosts. It's like the Old Chateau of Kanto.

o_0

Herbalist
If there are Team Rocket members still in Kanto, it'd be nice to see them set up a sub-plot in Lavender Town. Perhaps Mr. Fuji gets kidnapped? I just want it to serve SOME kind of purpose other than to provide the Radio Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.