• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The role of Kanto in Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimecho3000

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
..Kanto might hold more wild pokemon from another region then it's own

Chimecho3000

Yeah, I reckon the Poke'radar will still be in and you'll be able to find Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokes scattered everywhere.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Actually, the main reason why they're putting all the Pokémon in HGSS is to fully remove the dependence on the GBA. I know that Pal Park is confirmed in the game, but of course, we also have to consider the new generation of gamers.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Actually, the main reason why they're putting all the Pokémon in HGSS is to fully remove the dependence on the GBA. I know that Pal Park is confirmed in the game, but of course, we also have to consider the new generation of gamers.

I see...

If so..It's no need for me to play my GBA games anymore just to collect those legend..

Quebert

I dont know to think about the starts issue... I like be able to get the one starter I am missing in Gen III (Yeah Torchic!), but dont know what to do about the Gen I starters.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I dont know to think about the starts issue... I like be able to get the one starter I am missing in Gen III (Yeah Torchic!), but dont know what to do about the Gen I starters.

Don't bother getting one. Or get one and place it at the PC then release it.
Yeah, I know. It's kinda cruel.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
Since Articuno's found "DEEP" in the Seaform Islands, we can assume they're bringing back the good old Kanto.
And since Articuno is there, wouldn't it be weird if Blaine was too? Maybe they'll bring back Cinnabar Island too...

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
According to Serebii, there are two entrances to the Seafoam Islands once again; one leading to Blaine, one leading to Articuno.

codemonkey85

Pokémon Hoarder
He didn't post it anywhere here yet; he mentioned it in a chat on the Project Pokemon IRC.

Maybe he'll post it here to back me up. Probably not. But the point is rather moot now, isn't it? :p

dragoonanime

Is the cave that moltres is going to be in the same cave that red is in or a new one nearby? I really hope that they kept mount moon the same as it was in the originals. It was interesting to go there at night on a certain day and see the clefairys dancing around the moon rock.

Quebert

Im glad there are two Seafoam caves again, but sad that Blaine still has no Gym.

As for Red and Moltres, I hope they have separate caves. A Silver Town would be a nice bonus as well, maybe they could put the Gym rematch house there or something.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Serebii didn't mention anything of the sort.
It's basically an assumption since Seafoam is accessible again.

One that houses Articuno, and one as Blaine's Gym.
Unless the do something with the Gym.

Maybe blain move to cinnabar back>?

Does anybody else get the feeling that a large portion of the changes to Kanto in GSC may just be ignored?
Probably. They actually have space this time, so I doubt they'd keep the changes meant to save space.

Soul Silver95

Could be but thay obviously wont make any major changes in the sense that cannibar was erupted on by a volcano:p lets justr wait and see what they do with it. i'm sure it will be better than a tincy cave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.