• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The RPGers' Profiles

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
As the old version was heavily out of date, this is the new and improved RPGers' Profiles!

In this thread you can write a mini profile about yourself as an RPGer. This lets others know your strengths and weaknesses, as well as see what your interests are in terms of roleplays. It's a good way to share minor pieces of advice as well as show off what you would like to do as a roleplayer. You may fill out the entire forum or just specific bits of it. It's up to you!

Name: (and/or an alias --- this can also be your username)

Experience: (How long have you been roleplaying?)
Favourite RPGs: (what kinds of RPGs do you look for?)
Characters: (what kind of characters do you like to write?)
Strong Areas: (what do you consider yourself good at?)
Weak Areas: (what do you consider yourself bad at? Don't worry, everyone has weaknesses! You're stronger for admitting them)

Hints and Tips: (any advice for newbie roleplayers or maybe some wise advice veterans could learn from?)

Current Projects: Anything you're currently working on?)

Future Projects: (anything you're planning? Feel free to give some juicy tidbits for interest)​

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Name
Hydrangea (I've also roleplayed on other sites as Astre, Vin, and Willoue)

Experience
Almost eleven years! I started roleplaying on this very forum, except on short form RPGs in the games section. I still roleplay with all the friends I made during that time. I also currently roleplay on a few other forums to get my fix.

Favourite RPGs
Honestly I'll sign up for almost anything. Mythology, Digimon, and Pokemon are the big ones for me. I also love a good fantasy roleplay. Superheros aren't really my forte though... don't get me wrong, I love superheros, I just have a lot of trouble writing superheros. I'm a sucker for MMORPG related stuff and will always jump the gun on those. Lovecraftian horror also ticks all the right boxes for me.

Characters
Varied characters, honestly. I don't really have a gender preference on my characters but I tend to play more females than males. I usually try and make a character that fits with the setting and I can play anything from sweet and naive to angry and brooding. I rarely reuse characters, but I do have a few longterm characters that I am very attached to. However, these characters only get used if the situation calls for it. My babies that sometimes get reused are: Isaac Casanova and that's currently it because I'm not that attached to anyone else.

Strong Areas
Making characters. I'm a mad house that runs on coffee and sheer force of will and I can make a fairly solid character in a matter of hours. I'm also real good at making them sad biographies. I like to think I'm a fairly decent writer as well? (chuckles nervously)

Weak Areas
Dialogue. I'm a fairly shy person in real life and I have trouble contextualizing how the characters I create would speak and talk to other characters in a realistic matter. In my opinion my dialogue can sometimes feel stilted because of this.

Hints and Tips
Have fun, obviously! Make a character you like and have fun using them. As my own personal Hydra Brand™ tip: listen to music while you write and create your characters. I find that music really gets my own personal creative juices flowing.

Current Projects
Ichor Institute

Future Projects
☆ Rose Red but Better
The region seems to be growing darker by the day. Many Pokemon are being driven to madness by the ever growing darkness.
☆ Seven Deadly Sins Lovecraft RPG
You awaken in a prison, bound by your sins. You can choose to redeem yourself or let the madness from being trapped overtake you.
☆ Some kinda Persona Roleplay
I have no idea. I just know I want this to happen.
☆ Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Roleplay
Same thing, no idea, just always wanted to do one.​

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Name: Everyone calls me Mon

Experience: I lost count honestly. A lot of years.
Favourite RPGs: I like Pokémon, Fantasy, Superhero, really anything as long as the plot is interesting. The only things I don’t care for are Horror and Apocalypse settings
Characters: Blonde haired (not always, but they are blonde more often than any other hair color) blue eyed (occasionally purple/pink eyes when I can get away with it. Other eye colors are less common) guys (sometimes girls) who wear pink (occasionally purple) and are varying degrees of feminine. They are either gay or bisexual/pansexual if they are male, straight if female. If they are male they have abs. In Pokémon settings they specialize in Fairy types or cute/pretty Pokémon. I can do other things, but this is what I’ve become known for. They have become known as mon characters. You’ll know them when you see them.
Strong Areas: I’m good at dialogue, and making my characters real.
Weak Areas: Making the Sign Ups, especially the history section...

Hints and Tips: Do what you enjoy. Remember RPing is a game, have fun with it.

Current Projects: None

Future Projects: I’ve tried the GMing thing. I don’t really think I’m good at it. I don’t have any future projects at the moment.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
Name: Chase (aka Sketchie)

Experience: Somewhere over a decade.
Favourite RPGs: Is it an RPG with a good solid concept and my friends are there? Then I try to be in too. Low commitment RPs are also my jam.
Characters: It comes as no surprise that the 5' tall trans boy writes a lot of 6'+ tall cisgender boys. All of my characters are bisexual unless noted otherwise, and most suffer from a traumatic childhood coupled with mental illnesses of some sort.
Strong Areas: HISTORY. I'm wonderful at creating histories! I write both sins and tragedies, and I can really make sure a character suffers, allowing for some messed up perceptions and opportunities for growth. The one problem: I hate writing histories. Takes forever. Backbreaking.
Weak Areas: staying active enough to participate in things.

Hints and Tips: If ya don't have time to RP, ya don't have time to RP and that is a-okay! Real life has to come first and we understand! That be just how it do!

Future Projects: i stg i PROMISE that ranger rp WILL come out in the year of our lord 2020. I am making a new region for this jazz so pls continue to be patient.

Ongoing RPs
The Legend of Sparx - Aiden Bradford [SU]

Finished RPs
Control Freaks Contest Royal
- Lucas Moncrief [SU] [Discussion]

Dead RPs
From Oldest to Newest

The Blight of Dragon-Fall - Merenwen Nenharma

Pokémon 2012: Überload - Sophia Larson [Sign Up] [Discussion]
~Prof. Gureshaw’s Midnight Course~ - Chase Lewis [Sign Up]
Team Freewill - Jutta Flamme, Aiden Bradford, Mary Williams [Sign up] [Discussion]

Be Human - Rose Allen [Sign Up]
Escape From PokeTopia - Millie the Ralts, Taylon the Buizel [Sign Up]
The Shadows of DarkeBramble Heart - Merenwen Nenharma [Sign Up]
Honor - Jarrith Mann [Sign Up] [Discussion]
Pokemon: Return of Darkness - Katrina "Kat" Becker [Sign Up] [Discussion Thread]
Project Gijinka: Reborn - Anna "Zeke" Meyer
Autumn Nights - Lucas Moncrief [Sign Up] [Discussion]
My Little Pony: The New Elements - Feather Stormm [Sign Up] [Discussion]
Pokemon: the New Gen Chronicles - Emma Riker [Sign Up] [Discussion]
Rose Red - Chase Lewis, Samuel Issak [Sign Up]

The Secrets of August Manor - Daria Lemon [Sign Up]
Honor v2 - Jason Parker [SU] [Discussion]

Kindred - Rosemarije/Jackson Agrona Archer [SU] [Discussion]
Innistrad - Titania "Titan" Andronicus

Repercussion of Sin - Nicolas Michael Vespero
First Time for Everything - Lucas Moncrief [SU]
Titans: Red War - Lucas Moncrief, Kathrine Smith [SU] [Discussion]
Mythos: the Return of Magic - Derek van Velde, Lexa Valencia [SU] [Discussion]
Legend's Guardians - Joshua Hoffman and Isaac [SU] [Discussion]
Gligar's Island - Eduard van Houten
Tropical Apocalypse - Lucas Moncrief [SU]
Amrita Academy: the School of the Gods - Nani Mahelo'a, Nicolas Vespero, Lucas Moncrief [SU]
Enraptured - Joseph Rheam
War: Want to Rule the Pokemon World - Seneca Elèison
Johto Adventures - Joshua Hoffman [SU] [Discussion]
Summer School Paradise - Markus Moncrief
Justice League AU - Lucas Moncrief / Batman - [SU]

Kalos Chronicles Take 2 - Joshua Hoffman [SU]
Titans: Control Freak's Island Paradise - Lucas Moncrief
The Legendary Awakening - Chance Bingham, Camilla Cartwright [SU]
Sacrilege - A Legendary Pokemon RP - Percy Addamson, Josie Davis
1942: A Hogwarts RP - Emma Lee Seidel
Camp Ever After - Maribelle Charming, Aurum
Carefree Worries - Karen Finch

Ichor Institute: The School of the Gods - Nani Mahelo'a, Nicolas Vespero, Lucas Moncrief, Collin Hannula [Sign Up] [Discussion]
Losmia Horizon
- Joshua Hoffman [SU] [Discussion]
Star Guardians - Andrea and Violet MacKellen [SU] [Discussion]
NightFall - Lucas Moncrief, Camilla Cartwright [SU] [Discussion]
Fairy Tale Fighters - Lucas Moncrief, Ren Jacobsen
Hero Era - Melanie Briggs [SU]
Manaphy Mishap - Karen Finch [SU]

Last edited: