• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sacred Stones [5th Gen OU]

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
The Sacred Stones

Hello like-minded peers, I am Jazz Hands, here with my 5th Serebii RMT. I
used this team a bit and very much enjoy playing with it, and would like
to share it with you! It does need a bit of help, I'll accept that! So, here it
is! All of the pokemon are named after characters from Fire Emblem:The
Sacred Stones, the best strategy game to ever walk my 3DS ambassador
program!

At a Glance
ds_zpsb66ddf03.png

FE8_Ross.gif

473.png
@
lifeorb.png

Trait: Thick Fat | Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spd
Icicle Crash | Ice Shard | Earthquake | Stealth Rock

Mamoswine is a powerful physcial attacker, that, when making this team, I
both feared and revered. Mamo can easily take down most of my team,
which is why I added Infernape. Icicle Crash is for Pokemon such as
Dragonite and Breloom whom I can outspeed if they run Adamant, and if I've
set up Stealth Rocks, then it is a guaranteed OHKO. Ice Shard hits Pokes like
Venusaur, Garchomp and Landorus who outspeed me, but still fear my STAB
moves. Earthquake is reliable STAB that hits Heatran, a reasonable threat to
my team, for massive damage. The evs are fairly self explanatory and the
naturehas already been explained

Eirikaingame.gif

392.png
@
lifeorb.png

Trait: Blaze | Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SDef | 252 Spd
Swords Dance | Flare Blitz | Close Combat | Mach Punch

You know I mentioned earlier how my team had some trouble with
Mamoswine? Well here's my counter. Infernape outspeeds A LOT with Jolly
and max evs, including mamoswine. It then proceeds to OHKO with CC. It
can OHKO Scizor, Ferro and Forre with Flare Blitz and also whatever
Chlorophyll user the opponent prefers to use! Mach Punch hits the
speedier threats that will kill me otherwise and swords dance just makes
those deaths more likely!

FE8_Colm.gif

479-w.png
@
leftovers.png

Trait: Levitate | Nature: Modest
EVs: 232 HP | 56 SAtk | 220 Spd
Volt Switch | Hydro Pump | Will-O-Wisp | Pain Split

Rotom is my bulky attacker, and he does his job very well. Volt Switch is
for scouting and can rack up some pretty good damage, Hydro Pump is
STAB and because of that it hits very hard indeed! Will-O-Wisp is very
useful for burning those pesky set up sweepers and choice locked pokes,
while pain split ca be used to good effect against stallers like the blobs
and Gliscor.

Ephraimingame.gif

212.png
@
choicescarf.png

Trait: Technician | Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
Iron Head | U-Turn | Pursuit | Superpower

As suggested by AnakBae, here is Scarf Scizor to replace Haxorus. Now, you may
be thinking 'Y U USE SCARF SCIZOR U NUB USE BAND'. However, there are a few
key differences and advantages to scarf that highly benefit my team. First off, he
can trap Lati@s (probably the biggest threat to my team) and kill with pursuit.
Unlike banded, this variant doesn't have to fear HP Fire, as I outspeed. I can also
suprise kill Starmie, a large threat to this team, with U-Turn. I form a nice
VoltTurn core with Rotom-W, and Iron Head is powerful STAB.
Superpower is to deal with things like Magnezone, Lucario and non-choiced
Heatran.

Seth_Face_Sprite.gif

645-s.png
@
lifeorb.png

Trait: Intimidate | Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 SAtk | 252 Spd
Rock Polish | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Hidden Power [Ice]

After reading Extroph's
Memento Mori and testing it I realised what a
menace RP Lando-T can be. This is identical to his set, mainly because it
works so well! I can RP when I get the chance, and then, when they think
I'm physical, and have maybe Explosion in the last slot, they switch in
Salamence, Gliscor, Landorus-I or whatnot and I destroy them with HP
Ice! It really does work well! Earthquake and Stone Edge form the
notorious EdgeQuake combo that help so much in creating that illusion of
physical, not mixed.

Portrait_artur_fe08.png

381.png
@
choicescarf.png

Trait: Levitate | Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk | 4 SDef | 252 Spd
Draco Meteor | Surf | Psyshock | Trick

After building all of the team, I noticed two things. 1.My team was lacking
in special attackers. 2. My team was lacking a powerful revenge killer.
Enter Artur the Choice Scarfed Latios. This set is almost identical to
standard Choice specs, apart from, well, Scarf. Draco
Meteor is Latios's most powerful move, clocking in at 210 BP after STAB.
Psyshock is also STAB, but hits things like Blissey, which are reasonably
annoying to my team. Surf hits TTar for decent damage before it kills me
with pursuit or crunch, and also Fire types. Finally, trick can mess up
defensive pokes royally,and can often grant Latios a very useful item in
return.

So, thank you for reading, and here's an importable to steal test with!

HTML:
Ross (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Eirika (Infernape) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Colm (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ephraim (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Seth (Landorus-T) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Artur (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Trick
So, I hand this team over to you, and leave you with one of Ephraim's
quotes from the game:
“Trust me. I don't pick fights I can't win.”

Last edited:

Summonight

Who Homestuck here?
First of all, the theme of your team: <3. I might get in trouble for this but still, great to see another Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones fan here.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

The only thing i can think of is to use Iron Fist>Blaze on Infernape or use Flare Blitz>Fire Punch. Iron Fist also has the benefit of powering up Mach Punch.

I would also try using Timid on Latios. This allows you to outspeed Modest Venusaur in the Sun and OHKO with Psyshock.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
truthfully, i find having Shadow Claw on my Infernape helps against psychics and ghosts. u should also take out Volt Switch on Rotom for Thunderbolt so u dont have to worry about HAVING to swith if u need Rotom out.

AnakBaé

Hello there~
I rarely rate teams but Infernape successfully caught my interest.

Anyway, first off let me point out the weaknesses. This team highly relies on Rotom-W's average bulk & resistance to Water & Ice. When Rotom-W is killed, all the team members are highly vulnerable to fast physical attackers such as Starmie, Volcarona, HP ice Alakazam, and even scarf toed. Latios is probably the biggest threat to this team. Nothing in this team can even survive a Draco meteor or Surf, barring Rotom-w & the easily predicted scarf Latios. While using this team, you probably have been in a situation where you're forced to fodder something to take a Draco Meteor from Latios
So, in order to fix this big hole I would suggest you to change your Haxorus to this thing:

212.png

(Scizor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

or

385.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Trick

You will probably ask "why Scarf Scizor?" First, it can take a Draco Meteor and traps Latios. Unlike the banded variant this one doesnt have to worry about HP fire, it out speed em before they have a chance to attack and KO em with U-turn, or traps it with Pursuit. It also surprise kills Starmie, one of the big threat to this team. Same rules apply to Scarf Jirachi, but less offensive and more towards taking hits and annoy people.
Second, Haxorus's role in this team is almost nonexistent. You have Infernape, who can roast steel Types with ease, and also Rock Polish Lando & LO mamo who deals with dragons, gliscor, breloom, and terrak in a daily basis, thus making your haxorus look nothing better than a happy-go-lucky sweeper or even a death fodder. Try it and see how it goes.

Small changes:

- Fire Punch -> Flare Blitz: Raw power all the way.
- Dragon Claw -> Outrage: If you decides to stay with Haxorus, go for damage. Dragon claw can cost you kills or even games.
- Latios's Nature from Modest -> Timid: To outspeed majority of scarfed pokes such as; scarf mence, garchomp, keldeo, terrakion, rachi, & etc.

k that's it, I wrote too much. GL

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
OOK, all changes have been made (or they will be when I get off my lazy arse to do it), scarf scizor over haxy, and all of Anak's 'small changes'

Last edited:

McDanger

Most dragons seem to be a pain as mamo has to have something sacced to come in, and then ones like kyurem b and latios arnt OHKOed. Sub mixed kyurem b is a big problem as he can come in on rotom and latios (surf locked) sub up and take something or 2 down and repeat. I would recommend sp def rachi in place of rotom wash and i want to say try wallbreaker infernape as him and lando t share similar threats and it would make it easier for lando to sweep with wallbreaker ape imo

crash!201

Logic Trainer
if you want a little more power out of your dragon a scarf kyurem-B set has worked out pretty well for me in the past. but it looks really solid all around. also i'll probably get in trouble but could

Last edited by a moderator:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Hello again, Jazz Hands! Great to see you out and about making such cool teams. Seems I'm a bit fashionably late for this one, however. Haha.

That aside, I think you know why I'm here. :)

Let's kick this off with what you may find to be a very useful LO Iron Fist Infernape set of Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch & Close Combat/Swords Dance to aid you in handling the likes of Gyarados and Jellicent. Thunder Punch is almost essential as other wise the mentioned bulk Water-types could either take advantage of the lack of coverage and hit your team with either a SubDD(Gyarados) or Toxic(Jellicent). This suggestion also aids in the notable Rain the weakness your team appears to have. Seemingly an important Pokémon to the team, Flare Blitz's recoil will ultimately kill him off before doing any real damage to the opposing team. The suggested set therefore benefits the team further in terms of longevity.

Next, I'd like to suggest testing out Sash + Endeavor Mamo set to allow Mamoswine to at let up rocks and avoid potential OHKOs. Endeavor could only possibly replace Icicle Crash or Earthquake, but I think we can agree that replacing Icicle Crash would be the most logic decision. It's worth testing, as I've had the honor to test it out myself and was very satisfied.

Last, can I just say that I hate scarfed Scizor... I love scarfed Scizor! Actually, regardless of what anyone says, scarfed Scizor fits perfectly on this team. And I commend you for its use, as it is a VERY undermined threat in OU. :)

Aside from this, the team looks winderful. Great job on the team man, and I hope this was of some help. Best of luck!

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Most dragons seem to be a pain as mamo has to have something sacced to come in, and then ones like kyurem b and latios arnt OHKOed. Sub mixed kyurem b is a big problem as he can come in on rotom and latios (surf locked) sub up and take something or 2 down and repeat. I would recommend sp def rachi in place of rotom wash
SP.Def Rachi seems to be vastly superior, but I'll test it first!
and i want to say try wallbreaker infernape as him and lando t share similar threats and it would make it easier for lando to sweep with wallbreaker ape imo
Could I possibly have a set for that?

Hello again, Jazz Hands! Great to see you out and about making such cool teams. Seems I'm a bit fashionably late for this one, however. Haha.
Yes, yes you are
That aside, I think you know why I'm here. :)
For pancakes?

Let's kick this off with what you may find to be a very useful LO Iron Fist Infernape set of Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch & Close Combat/Swords Dance to aid you in handling the likes of Gyarados and Jellicent. Thunder Punch is almost essential as other wise the mentioned bulk Water-types could either take advantage of the lack of coverage and hit your team with either a SubDD(Gyarados) or Toxic(Jellicent). This suggestion also aids in the notable Rain the weakness your team appears to have. Seemingly an important Pokémon to the team, Flare Blitz's recoil will ultimately kill him off before doing any real damage to the opposing team. The suggested set therefore benefits the team further in terms of longevity.
i'm guessing it's not for pancakes then. :( OK, one thing wrong with this set. I test on PO and that thinks Infernape can't have Iron Fist and FP+TP on there. It looks like a godd change though, and I will test it on Showdown

Next, I'd like to suggest testing out Sash + Endeavor Mamo set to allow Mamoswine to at let up rocks and avoid potential OHKOs. Endeavor could only possibly replace Icicle Crash or Earthquake, but I think we can agree that replacing Icicle Crash would be the most logic decision. It's worth testing, as I've had the honor to test it out myself and was very satisfied.
sounds good, tetsing in progress

Last, can I just say that I hate scarfed Scizor... I love scarfed Scizor! Actually, regardless of what anyone says, scarfed Scizor fits perfectly on this team. And I commend you for its use, as it is a VERY undermined threat in OU. :)
Undermined? Underrated much?

Aside from this, the team looks winderful. Great job on the team man, and I hope this was of some help. Best of luck!
Thank you everybody for their helpful comments, testing in pprogress, then the changes will be added

Gonna post testing replays here:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-14629207 Loooong Jira stall(?) at the end, but it was a fairly easy game
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-14856107 Agaist Skydriver here, but he read the RMT first :(

Last edited:

cheeselord

Largely Inactive
Since when is Colm a bulky attacker? Thieves are some of the squishiest units!

[on topic]: But yeah, nice team. I have no real criticisms, except perhaps why not run Iron head on scizor since he's scarfed. I realise there are still a few things that he can't outspeed but it's not as if you're lacking in priority, with ice shard and mach punch on mamoswine and infernape, respectively. The little extra power could prove useful. Also do you really need two scarf users? Why not use specs of lo on latios instead.

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Since when is Colm a bulky attacker? Thieves are some of the squishiest units!

[on topic]: But yeah, nice team. I have no real criticisms, except perhaps why not run Iron head on scizor since he's scarfed. I realise there are still a few things that he can't outspeed but it's not as if you're lacking in priority, with ice shard and mach punch on mamoswine and infernape, respectively. The little extra power could prove useful. Also do you really need two scarf users? Why not use specs of lo on latios instead.
Colm is a funky unit, one of my best actually XD

[on topic] Iron Head sounds good, and Scarf Latios is to give some true raw speed to my team as Scizor is more of a check to fast pokemon, it can't take on other scarfers. So Scarf Latios stays.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Jazzy! :D

This team kinda tricked me a bit. I thought I was going to see a Volt-Turn heavy team, but nope. To be completely honest, I really think this team has more potential as a Volt-Turn team, especially after the ban of Deoxys-D. Therefore, I may suggest some things that pertain to more Volt-Turn oriented teams, but it is your choice whether or not you want to implement it.

First off is Infernape. When I first saw it, I thought it was going to be a Overheat/Close Combat/U-Turn/Mach Punch one, but instead I see a SD one. Although SD Infernape is really cool to use, I feel that U-Turn brings more offensive momentum to the field, especially when you have strong pivots such as Lando-T and Scizor, both of which benefit from Infernape's ability to kill Terrakion and Steel types on both spectrums. For example, you set up a Swords Dance and the opponent switches in a Tentacruel or Jellicent. This is pretty much a force switch-out and resets your offensive momentum. With U-Turn, you can scout and game your opponents by giving them a U-Turn and switching in a hard check or counter, forcing them back to hard predicting while you just have the option of Turning. Furthermore, your clean up pokemon definitely benefits from Infernape's Steel removing abilities.

Second, U-Turn on Lando-T is crucial for a team geared in this fashion. A standard Pivot set (the first set you see on Smogon for Lando-T) clears up a few things for you. First, Lando-T pivot in on Physical threats and U-Turn out to keep the momentum going. Second, it can set up SR, which is pretty good. It alleviates this job from Mamoswine and gives it room for Superpower, an essential move for LO Mamo to power through certain threats, most notably Kyurem-B.

Third, I would suggest a better clean up sweeper than Latios. Most of the time, the only reason one would use a CS Latios is to Revenge Kill CS Terrakion and CS Keldeo as well as +1 Dragons. Considering both of those threats are easily Revenge Killed by Mamoswine and Infernape, this thing is rather redundant. Personally, I would go for Lucario as a late-game sweeper/cleaner simply because it does a very good job in doing so. In the end, it doesn't really matter whether your cleaner is Special or Physical because by late game, most of the walls/tanks/bulky stuff would have been killed off or severely weakened.

Btw, is it okay if I use your team to test this Volt-Turn core? It's really well constructed and I really like it.