• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

the saddest moments in video game history :( (spoiler warning!)

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
in your opinion, what is the saddest video game moment? in my opinion it is all of mother 3, its such a sad game. i wont say (spoiler reasons) but if you want to know why youtube it. also, spoilers will most likley be everywhere, so dont say i didnt warn you.

Navarch

The Walking Dead Game on iPhone/XBox with Lee and Clementine was extremely sad at the end. Totally worth the $15.00.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors was the only game with a story decent enough to move me in some way. I don't really play games for their stories, tbh.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
I would really have to say the end of PMD: Blue Rescue Team's main story. I actually cried when I first got there (I was a lot younger, mind you) and apparently I'm not the only one, from what I've heard.

You're not the only one! I also think albedo's change from xenoblade chronicles 2 is very sad. Imagine, being on earth forever and watching people you care about grow old and die. :(

EonDragonFTW

Definitely Aerith's and Zack's deaths in ff7. Also the ending of the first mystery dungeon game. Oh yeah, and Xion's death in kh, and when Roxas has to return to Sora. Pretty much the entire kh series

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Mordin Solus in Mass Effect 3, damn that made me almost quit the game...

Also John Marston dying at the end of Red Dead Redemption was very sad.

Last edited:

*IZ*

Mordin Solus in Mass Effect 3, damn that made me almost quit the game...

Also John Marston dying at the end of Red Dead Redemption was very sad.

Yea not only was John Marston dying a huge twist in the game, but it was sad as hell how he died for his family.

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
How tough am I? I beat Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. And I only cried for a week.

TheGiftedFlareon

Tactician's Gambit
I agree with Refreeze, but I only cried for a month.

I also cried when I watched someone played Yume Nikki. SHE JUMPED OFF THE BUILDING!!! :(

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The "Kill Killbane" ending of Saints Row 3. Very sad.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
I'm mostly a Mass Effect player and this series bought me to many a manly tears moments.
- ME2 the suicide run. I first didn't know people could die so when Legion first died I was in shock. When Garrus died cause of poor team planning I was really upset.
- ME3. oh god... the whole Geth/Quarian decision was hard. Pick the Geth? Tali suicides. Pick the Quarians? Legion asks if it has a soul. Save them? Legion dies anyway. Mordin's sacrifice was easily one of the most beautiful moments in the game. He was the very model of a scientist salarian. In the Extended Cut DLC when Liara gets hurt by Harbinger and leaves, the dialogue with her is so sad. The saddest moment was in the Citadel DLC however. When you finish it, the conversations with the love interests was truly touching. It was the best ride.

I was upset in Saints Row The Third when Gat died. I didn't want to believe it at first.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
The start of the game: Shadow The Hedgehog

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
This is mine, and someone elses. My brother almost cried at the end of PMD Red Rescue Team, and when he told my dad, he said something that will stick with me forever, it was that funny:

I cried; when my digital Pokemon died

I laughed so hard i stated crying; it even rhymes! xD

But, Aeris getting impaled by Sephiroth's 4½ foot long sword was really depressing, actually...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
You're not the only one! I also think albedo's change from xenoblade chronicles 2 is very sad. Imagine, being on earth forever and watching people you care about grow old and die. :(

I think you mean Xenosaga Episode 2. But yes, it is a very well done scene that perfectly illustrates how important it is for antagonists to have backstories and reasons for their actions.

Anyway, I'm going with Metal Gear Solid 4. That's it. Just Metal Gear Solid 4. ALL of it. I won't go into excruciating detail about why. Just take my word for it that you need to play this one if you haven't yet.