1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

the saddest moments in video game history :( (spoiler warning!)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Minedreigon, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Aura Of Twilight

Aura Of Twilight Forever Clueless

Last Story spoilers

[spoil]Dagran's death in the Last Story. It sucks he was only brought back to his senses once there was a sword is his gut...[/spoil]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. Akuroma

Akuroma The Doctor

Aeris' death in FF7. Tidus finding out he was a dream all along in FF10. The death of Master Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Xion's death in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

3. Gloryus

Gloryus Where's Wally?

The Halo 4 ending was definitely emotional for me, got to be that.

4. Ghosts of the Forums

Ghosts of the Forums Who Ya Gonna Call?

Finally someone who appreciates gears. This I have to agree is the only one I can think of.

5. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Bump

The ending of MGS4 was the first game to actually make me cry, then Snake Eater (I didn't play MGS in order, I played it 1,4,3,2; I still got the story though). The PMD games (dunno about the latest one, I didn't particularly want it) really shook me up though.

Persona 4 got me, but not quite as much as MGS4 did. Speaking of Persona, P3's Sun link (I think...) made me die a little inside.

6. AgentPierce

AgentPierce Mad science FTW!

I agree with all of those save that last one. "Who else will I have ice cream with?" I crack up every time!

7. Akuroma

Akuroma The Doctor

That was totally messed up on Roxas' part, but hey, I guess that was his way of saying 'friend'.

8. Midnightmoon6o2

Midnightmoon6o2 "Tougher than you."

FF10 where Tidus finding out he was a dream really broke my heart. Even to this day I watch it and can't help but scream why and then the sequel made me all happy and yay for Tidus and Yuna~!

And another would be FF13-2 ending where Serah died and my heart broke the way Noel held onto so tightly and saying stuff saying 'I thought I protected her' and 'I thought she was safe' and so on. if that doesn't scream lovers then I don't know what is

And The Last Story, I hated Dagran turned good last minute as he died. -sniff-

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  9. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

Sorry, it's just not sad anymore. Thank you video game magazines, for ruining this famous moment before most people got a chance to play the game.

I know a lot of people don't like it when I bring up criticisms of FFX (even though I have time and again made perfectly legitimate points), but I honestly thought this scene was funny.

I nearly put this game with the other two games that I felt were entire sad moments. Seriously, this whole game is depressing.

You might want to avoid Xenosaga then. Because I kid you not, that's every villain in Xenosaga.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  10. PokemonJesus123

PokemonJesus123 The Pokémon Punk

Halo: Reach ending was pretty sad for me...but EPIC at the same time!

11. Kipcha

Kipcha Well-Known Member

Arkham City. The feels at the end T.T

The Walking Dead. Repeatedly, it had CONSTANT sad moments.

The Last of Us. Quite a few times as well.

They all had some really sad scenes.

12. The Conquest Ending of Hyperdimension Neptunia MkII
    Nepgear is forced to kill her sister, her sisters friends, Nepgears friends who helped her out during her adventure (2 of which are children who are holding hands and crying because of their sisters death and the other one is okay with dying because after her sister's death she has nothing left to live for) and Nepgear's sanity starts to deteriorate due to her actions all in a last-ditch attempt to prevent a tragedy that she ultimately doesn't prevent anyway.

Plus the credits theme is sad whether or not you get the Conquest Ending

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  13. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

The fact that Sonic 06 was sold for money instead of being recalled and dumped in a New Mexico desert. ET Style.

Otherwise, can;t be too sure. Papers Please is incredibly harrowing, but it isn't tear jerking. Same thing with me and Majora's Mask.

14. L. Lawliet

L. Lawliet Black Ice Trainer

i agree. Tai's was pretty bad too. that dude was chill

15. The Admiral

The Admiral solid state survivor

Oh wow, I did actually post a legit response in this thread. I'm actually kind of surprised with myself. My usual "snide *******" response probably will remain "Other M," even though "Espurr becoming a meme because ****ing really" is pretty close, as is "Nintendo still not putting Secret of Evermore on the VC good lord."

it's sad in other, slightly more meta ways

Honestly, I think Tidus may be the weak link with that.

16. pwnswitchclik

pwnswitchclik Alakazaminator

Definitely Alundra:

All the character that died. The whole game is built around tragedy, loss and redemption of the main character, so I should've known what was coming when I played it

17. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

The ending of "The Shadow of the Colossus" all that fighting and death for what....

The sad twist ending of the last Guardian... it's never being its been canceled... sob...

18. Fenix

Fenix Tremulant

Search thread: "To the Moon"

...0 results

ehhhhhhhhhhh :/

19. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

Xion's death in KH 358/2 days

Eraqus's death in KH BBS

Players death in PMD:EOS

Tellah's death in FFIV

20. sceptile33

sceptile33 Well-Known Member

I almost shed a tear in Tales of the Abyss when [spoil]Ion died. Asch's death was really sad too.[/spoil]