• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

the saddest moments in video game history :( (spoiler warning!)

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
Last Story spoilers

[spoil]Dagran's death in the Last Story. It sucks he was only brought back to his senses once there was a sword is his gut...[/spoil]

Last edited:

Akuroma

The Doctor
Aeris' death in FF7. Tidus finding out he was a dream all along in FF10. The death of Master Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Xion's death in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
The Halo 4 ending was definitely emotional for me, got to be that.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Dom's death on Gears of War 3 was the only time I've come close to getting emotional in a video game. Other games don't build a relationship with the characters like Gears of War does.

Finally someone who appreciates gears. This I have to agree is the only one I can think of.

The ending of MGS4 was the first game to actually make me cry, then Snake Eater (I didn't play MGS in order, I played it 1,4,3,2; I still got the story though). The PMD games (dunno about the latest one, I didn't particularly want it) really shook me up though.

Persona 4 got me, but not quite as much as MGS4 did. Speaking of Persona, P3's Sun link (I think...) made me die a little inside.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Aeris' death in FF7. Tidus finding out he was a dream all along in FF10. The death of Master Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Xion's death in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

I agree with all of those save that last one. "Who else will I have ice cream with?" I crack up every time!

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
FF10 where Tidus finding out he was a dream really broke my heart. Even to this day I watch it and can't help but scream why and then the sequel made me all happy and yay for Tidus and Yuna~!

And another would be FF13-2 ending where Serah died and my heart broke the way Noel held onto so tightly and saying stuff saying 'I thought I protected her' and 'I thought she was safe' and so on. if that doesn't scream lovers then I don't know what is

And The Last Story, I hated Dagran turned good last minute as he died. -sniff-

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Aeris' death in FF7.

Sorry, it's just not sad anymore. Thank you video game magazines, for ruining this famous moment before most people got a chance to play the game.

Tidus finding out he was a dream all along in FF10.

I know a lot of people don't like it when I bring up criticisms of FFX (even though I have time and again made perfectly legitimate points), but I honestly thought this scene was funny.

The death of Master Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Xion's death in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

I nearly put this game with the other two games that I felt were entire sad moments. Seriously, this whole game is depressing.

And The Last Story, I hated Dagran turned good last minute as he died. -sniff-

You might want to avoid Xenosaga then. Because I kid you not, that's every villain in Xenosaga.

Last edited:

Kipcha

Arkham City. The feels at the end T.T

The Walking Dead. Repeatedly, it had CONSTANT sad moments.

The Last of Us. Quite a few times as well.

They all had some really sad scenes.

The Conquest Ending of Hyperdimension Neptunia MkII
Nepgear is forced to kill her sister, her sisters friends, Nepgears friends who helped her out during her adventure (2 of which are children who are holding hands and crying because of their sisters death and the other one is okay with dying because after her sister's death she has nothing left to live for) and Nepgear's sanity starts to deteriorate due to her actions all in a last-ditch attempt to prevent a tragedy that she ultimately doesn't prevent anyway.

Plus the credits theme is sad whether or not you get the Conquest Ending

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
The fact that Sonic 06 was sold for money instead of being recalled and dumped in a New Mexico desert. ET Style.

Otherwise, can;t be too sure. Papers Please is incredibly harrowing, but it isn't tear jerking. Same thing with me and Majora's Mask.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Oh wow, I did actually post a legit response in this thread. I'm actually kind of surprised with myself. My usual "snide *******" response probably will remain "Other M," even though "Espurr becoming a meme because ****ing really" is pretty close, as is "Nintendo still not putting Secret of Evermore on the VC good lord."

I know a lot of people don't like it when I bring up criticisms of FFX (even though I have time and again made perfectly legitimate points), but I honestly thought this scene was funny.

it's sad in other, slightly more meta ways

Honestly, I think Tidus may be the weak link with that.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Definitely Alundra:

All the character that died. The whole game is built around tragedy, loss and redemption of the main character, so I should've known what was coming when I played it