• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Safari Zone = Chinese Piece of Horse%$#&!!

Brumrha

Banned
Since the Safari Zone has been around as much as the actual games themselves, what has really surprised me is that there are no discussions regarding this god-forsaken place.

This time, I'm going to change that.

The reason that I think the Safari Zone is something that only the devil would conspire of is not only the fact that they give you "special" balls, but the rules that they state - you can't use your own Pokémon to weaken the ones found inside? That's a load of %^# if I'm bluntly speaking here. Of course, there are also some Pokémon that are only found in the Safari Zone, & combine that with the fact that some of them are damn hard to catch as is, & you've got a place in which you're at the mercy of the Dead Man's Curse.

Thus, you'll be needing some ungodly persistence & the patience of Ghandi if you even hope to get your slimy mitts on the Pokémon that can only be found here, & because of that, it ranks up there in some of the most difficult things that someone can do in this game, short of catching legendaries.

Opinions, please?

BCVM22

Why should everything in the game be as easy as snapping your fingers?

Furthermore, why should the rare (or rare-er, at least) Pokémon usually found therein be as easy to catch as using your favorite Pokémon and throwing a capture ball more or less guaranteed to get the job done in a few turns at the very most?

Heaven forbid something in the game challenge you a bit.

lucario is best

shiny seeker
its good but isnt there some pokemon in there you cant get anyware else and its fun and a challenge good old safari zone

aggronFTW

When I was playing platinum a while back trying to catch regigigas, I caught it with one ultra ball after a false swipe and sleep powder, and I was incredibly disappointed with the ease of it.
My point? Yes, the safari zone is frustrating and time consuming, but I know I'd complain if catching pokemon was easy from that regigigas experience. Trust me, when you do catch one of those tough to get pokemon, it's a great feeling.

lucario is best

shiny seeker
and its all worth it at the end of the day if you dont like it then dont do it simple

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
The Safari Zone, to me anyway, is a luck based challenge. Sure, it's frustrating, but as BCVM22 said, it's a challenge. Sure, I do get ****** when a Pokemon I really want flees, but I'm not gonna cry like a little brat. I'm gonna search for it again and hope for the best.

Like what some of the others have said, if you don't like, don't use it.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
My only problem with the place is the insanely long waiting times in the HGSS Safari Zone. I mean 72 days, 110 days? You mad?

I think the low chance to find a Pokemon or catch it because of it fleeing is perfectly fine. Sure, it can be frustrating, but the Safari Zone's been a test of your patience right since the beginning. That's something I wouldn't want to change. If it's more of a challenge to get a Pokemon, it's also more satisfying to savour the hunt, so to speak.

Feel free to not play the Safari Zone, then.

Simple as that.

That doesn't solve any problem because of 'em Safari Zone exclusives.

EliteMaster

Well trading should be an option then.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
have you ever tried the spam A+B left right left right d pad trick? it actually works and makes it easier if youre skilled enough, just like the tap the center of the pokeball and spin it around...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I made a similar thread in the 1st Generation forums where I sort of complained about how the Kanto Safari Zone is the Devil's work too, but if I'm being honest, the Johto Safari Zone makes the Kanto Safari Zone look like a church in comparison. I also had a problem with the long waits to get certain Pokemon to appear. It was just insane. If I had to rank the Safari Zone's in all four regions from 1-4, 1 being the hardest and 4 being the easiest, here's how it would look:

1. Johto Safari Zone (Pokemon seem harder to find and catch)
2. Kanto Safari Zone (Pokemon seem easier to find than catch)
3. Hoenn Safari Zone (Pokemon seem easier to catch than find)
4. Sinnoh Safari Zone (Pokemon seem easier to find and catch)

Krizor

Evil Genius
The Safari Zone really isn't that difficult.

The only one I had issues with was the one in HGSS, and that had more to do with patience than anything else.

Roserazor

...Look Behind You
in HGSS it takes too long. I'd have to wait 130 days to get a waterslide!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dattebayo

Banned
I enjoyed the Safari Zone as you have plenty of the same pokemon to catch and find out which has the best nature. Of course, the issue with HG/SS's safari Zone may be another reason why the remakes failed to surpass Platinum.

Kim62

Hello
Oh yes because I really enjoyed catching Chanseys in Pokemon Platinum with a flick of the wrist.
/sarcasm

randomspot555

My only problem with the place is the insanely long waiting times in the HGSS Safari Zone. I mean 72 days, 110 days? You mad?

I will agree with at least that. They could've cut back on the Pokemon it offers and made the tasks more simple.

At least for the regional Pokemon in the Safari Zone, you'll still get the Dex entry during regular gameplay, and you can GTS trade, or do a "real" trade for it.