• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Saffron Con (420)

Battra

May's first Kanto Contest, very good episode I really liked Squirtle getting excited about what was happening on stage with Espeon. Also Jessie looks better with short hair it suits her more and makes her more appealing.

Dax

Legend
I think thanks to this episode I started to really like Squirtle. He was really awesome in this episode.

Knight_Ram

I didn't mind this episode one little bit, it was pretty good with the fact that Harley was trying to stop May in competing in the Saffron Contest. And I also loved it how May proved herself to be a great trainer and by having the Host bend the rules to let May enter.

Good episode showing May's Combusken in battle with Sky Uppercut. 8.3/10

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved how Harley pretend to be good.

And his Ariados was strong, great for him.

Poor May, she almost didn't get the contest ticket.

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
We arrived at Saffron City again, but it's all sunny and bright. I remember it being less cheerful before. And where the heck was Sabrina? No time for even a quick cameo? Seriously. Anyway, I absolutely loved that my favorite character (Harley) was there again, pretending to be a good-guy for once. I just love his innocent act. Squirtle looked so cute when it saw Espeon practice and I'm glad May chose it for the Contest. This was a solid Contest-prep episode. 7/10.

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Wasn't a bad episode, it was quite funny with Jessie and Cacnea, Cacnea was like "Please don't make me hug her!" lol it really looked surprised when it came out of the pokeball.

It was lucky May got to go the contest too, nice that Squirtle learn Ice Beam, it sure loves contests. It would have been nice to see Sabrina or aleast Haunter or a mention since it was suited right into Saffron City unlike most of the other places and made it more reasonable that they didn't see anyone they know.

Last edited:
What won't Harley do to keep May from achieving her ultimate goals?
Harley isn't one of my favorite rivals, but he is one of the most eccentric rivals so far. And I applaud him for that!

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was interesting to see that Harly has an Aridados. Squirtle was definitely very interested in the Pokemon Contest. Jessie's new cut up hair was very cool to see. It was bizarre to see Harley as the Pokemon Nurse's Assistent.

13/100

Vernikova

Champion
Jessie received a cool haircut. I like her hair cut that way in comparison to her usual hair. Onward to the Pokemon Contest I suppose.

Awesome how May's earlier heroics were enough to get her in to the contest in the end. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I cackled when Jessie practiced with James's Cacnea for the appeal round and Cacnea's thorns got stuck in her hair; seeing her in the operating room with Nurse Joy and Harley made me scream. James and Meowth pulling off a heist on their own was refreshing and I liked how Harley helped stop their balloon from getting away even if he had a hidden agenda.

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
Guess I'm one of the few people who isn't mad that Squirtle learned Ice Beam -_-'
Anyways...I was calling bullcrap on Harley's nice act up to when he told her about the contest pass and deadline.
I loved the suspicious face everyone was giving him when he said he'd changed.

JudySpell

Banned
May's Squirtle learning Ice Beam was annoying because that move has always been overused. Harley pretending to be good for once was a clever trick. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well since this episode's contest took place in Saffron city, I was hoping that we'd see Sabrina but too bad we didn't. I did like how Cacnea got stuck in Jessie's hair tho and how she got a haircut. ^^;