• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Saffron Con (420)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Saffron Con

Finally at Saffron City, they gang arrive at the first conference hall in Kanto. However May's old rival Harley is there and intends to enter the contest. May intending to use her new Squirtle is about to find a tough challenge against Harley. Will May prevail?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Unfortunately this page does not exist. If you believe this page is one you are meant to see, E-mail me By Clicking Here.

Press Back To Return to the Previous Page

Aww, I can't see it...

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
OK, guys. Questions for those that have already seen the episode:

+ There's any sign of Sabrina or Haunter in this Saffron City's episode?.

+ Whay about Jessie?. Maybe this time participates in the Contest with Cacnea?. (By the way, didn't Cacnea stayed as giant in the previous episode?).

+ What can you say about the Espeon and the Ariados of the episode?. Won't be Annie and Oakley's Pokemons, right?. (See "Pokemon Heroes").

+ Some signal of a possible evolution?. (For example, Cacnea).

+ Finally, has somebody seen the preview of the second part?.

Thriller

Its almost time
Okay.

* It's not Vivian, but Lilian. I don't know if they are sisters or what, but they are different. It seems like the Eifie is her's, too.

* The Ariados is Harley's.

* It seems like Musashi's hair got cut (think Strike back in the Orange Islands), but this time, she didn't get angry about it.

* Harley's still putting on a fake act.

From Argy @ BMG.

And Jessa, Serebii always puts a link to the ep guide even if there is none. I'm really not sure why he does this though.

Is that part about Squirtle true? Well it says she intends to use it but it gives me the impression that its saying she is going to use it. Harley better have Ariados I mean Espeon not his thing.

Eddieursa said:
+ Whay about Jessie?. Maybe this time participates in the Contest with Cacnea?. (By the way, didn't Cacnea stayed as giant in the previous episode?).
Well since we saw Cacnea normal size in the preview i'm guessing no to the size thing. Also we're only assuming that she is using Cacnea since it was the only team Rocket pokemon shown in the preview and it had the Chimecho scared look from the Lilycove contest when Jessie was about to use it. (also I believe the Chimecho scared look was in the lilycove episode preview) So all evidence points to her using Cacnea plus it would make sense since Cacnea hasn't been used yet.

Eddieursa said:
+ Some signal of a possible evolution?. (For example, Cacnea).
Well since Harley is in this episode and Cacneaturne is his main Pokemon, I doubt Cacnea will evolve. Also why does everybody want it too evolve? Am I the only one who likes Cacnea just the way it is?

Aikou Bupiggu

off topic: where does everyone actually watch the episode ?

anywho, the preview for this one seemed cool, maybe Sakura is in this contest but is not shown, only her espeon *dreams* ah well...

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Thanks, dudes. But there's still a question that you haven't responded me. The first one and more important of all (for me):

+ There's any sign of Sabrina or Haunter in this Saffron City's episode?.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't think so, why would you expect to see Sabrina in the episode anyway? Even if they are in Saffron, a GYM leader wouldn't be going to a contest house now would she?

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Don't you remember the first time that Ash and co. went to Saffron City?. Sabrina (with her psychic powers) already foresaw the arrival of Ash, Misty and Brock when they hadn't arrived to the city yet. So why Sabrina couldn't feel the arrival of Ash and Brock again?.

JazzJazz

CyberCubed said:
I don't think so, why would you expect to see Sabrina in the episode anyway? Even if they are in Saffron, a GYM leader wouldn't be going to a contest house now would she?

Because people hold every hope and prayer that characters from the past get another appearance.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
ChaosMage said:
I like every pokemon how it is. I just prefer something new and more powerful.
Cacturne wouldn't be new, and it wouldn't be powerful.

Eddieursa said:
So why Sabrina couldn't feel the arrival of Ash and Brock again?.
Another case of plot hole-itis I'd assume. Besides that, it just wouldn't make much sense for her to show up here anyway. Its an episode focused on Haruka and her rivals, and it shouldn't be hampered by other characters poking their nose in, unless they're actually going to be part of it all. And I can't see Sabrina contributing much to an episode like this.

Whoot for Harley owning the Ariados. Another one of those severely under-used creatures that needs some sort of attention. Hopefully its displayed some interesting attacks and isn't one of 'those been there, done that' deals.
Give Shuu a freakin' Dunsparce now =0

taitofan

Stalker!
If you really wanna watch it first (why are you here then?), don't read on.

Harley is working at the Pokemon Center. XD That rocks. And it gives a bit of sanity to the fact Haruka believes him again. It looks like Joi gives her seal of approval. Though, to her credit, she wasn't about to believe him until Joi stepped (or was dragged I suppose) into it.

Harley and Ariados-chan save the day! Yay! And Musashi's hair cut was spiffish. I'm kinda hoping it stays. It seems that from the next epi's preview that she does. <3 I'd say more, but I really need to wait until I see the episode for myself... Then I'll have more to rant about. ^.~

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Wow, I give a thumbs up to Jessie's haircut. :) I like her long hair normally, but it'd be nice if that look stays. I guess everything's got to change sometime.

taitofan

Stalker!
It's about time if you ask me. Satoshi-tachi changed their looks when AG started, so why not Rocket-Dan too? Now Kojirou just needs to change something...

Half an hour before I have the episode... Hopefully I'll have my own screenshots up tonight. <3

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jessie has had her hair cut numerous times and it always went back to normal the next episode. This is the Pokemon anime.

taitofan

Stalker!
That thought did com to mind... Except that it still seems to be cut in the next epi too. True, it could be because this is a two-parter, but...

Well, we'll just have to see. If they've had wardrobe changes, I don't see why there couldn't be a hair change too.