• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Saga of Team Supernova (rated PG 13)

Lucarioman777

Sorry about the delay... haven't been doing well lately.

Anyway, nice chapter for CD. Description was pretty good, and length was pretty good too. I have to admit, I saw the Dave thing coming, but oh well. Nothing you can do about that. I'm just psychic.

And now I have to go... time's running up for me to be on the computer. Auf Wiedersein.

P.S. The "Dragon" Skin for Serebii looks cool... look at the Dragonite heads...

--Lucarioman777

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
As you can see, I have been pretty busy lately. I'm afraid this trend will continue until the end of January. After that I will be posting chapters regularly again. The next chapter is pretty short, so I might be able to get it up this weakened. But if not then I hope you'll understand.

“Oh man… am I dead yet?” Tristan opened his eyes, and shivered slightly. Suddenly he jumped to his feet, recalling the events that night. He was back in the base, in the straw bed. Torchic and Totodile were talking a slight distance from him.[/quoteblock]

Somehow, I'd think that even with an Oran Berry, one wouldn't be able to leap up after nearly drowning....maybe more like:

Suddenly he pushed himself into a sitting position, recalling the events that night.

Just an observation. ^^;

I see what you mean. I'll see what I can do about that.

I like that chappie a lot. :) You've definitely improved grammar, spelling and logic-wise. My current rating of this fanfic is....9.8/10, for the occasional little 'blip'. (Wait, wouldn't spelling count for grammar??? lol)

Thanks. I believe spelling is a category of its own, but I could be wrong. Anyway, 98%! Yeah!!

do you remember the moments where time seems to stand still? its hard for words to describe the event i'm trying to describe here >_<
you know in some tv shows (cartoons included)/ flash videos/ some youtube videos, the slow parts where they play some song and the character is in slow motion doing something, it lasts a few minutes which in fact only happened for a couple of seconds.

if this doesn't clarify only word of suggestion is to experience it. sorry for going off subject but i had to try explain as best as i could

I see. So you mean the part where Tristan becomes concious of every single second, making them seem much longer than they should be? Well that's good, cause that's what I was going for. Thanks for mentioning it.

Sorry about the delay... haven't been doing well lately.

Anyway, nice chapter for CD. Description was pretty good, and length was pretty good too. I have to admit, I saw the Dave thing coming, but oh well. Nothing you can do about that. I'm just psychic.
--Lucarioman777

Yeah, it wasn't very subtle was it? I guess I need to practice when it comes to things like that. But I'm pretty sure you will be surprised in some of the coming chapters.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
yeah... i seem to guess some things without noticing :p i guess i should have more absentmindness in my stuff :p

Koridojo_Blaziken

You think THAT'S absentminded?? Pfffft. Back at Pokemon Crater I started a fanfic involving a trainer and a shiny Charmander......then I completely forgot that I started it in the first place. xD

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
lol i forget stuff without even have to try, i remember only when it was memorable or rather interesting :p or a video game >_< but yeah we're going off subject :p

lets see if i can analyze a bit of the characters...

Tristan - a little bit in the quiet side, talks when necessary, is modest, doesn't stand for bullying, doesn't have a funny bone (get my drift? :p), is serious with whatever is at task, a little absentminded :p, somewhat optimistic

Totadile - spirited, mood swinger, talkative, sticks out as much as he can bear, a little bit of a trash talker, likes to brag a little, knowledgable about some things, has a serious side but is not often in that state of mind.

Torchic - Straight down with business, mindful of conditions, a little bit bossy, talks a little rash honest however, gets angry rather easily, focus is a little narrow minded, a little touch of pessimistic side

but then again i'm just analyzing just on from what i've read but don't take my word seriously :p its just what i think of what their behavior is

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
lol i forget stuff without even have to try, i remember only when it was memorable or rather interesting :p or a video game >_< but yeah we're going off subject :p

lets see if i can analyze a bit of the characters...

Tristan - a little bit in the quiet side, talks when necessary, is modest, doesn't stand for bullying, doesn't have a funny bone (get my drift? :p), is serious with whatever is at task, a little absentminded :p, somewhat optimistic

Nailed it! Very good analyzing. Only thing I'd add is that he cherishes his friends given that he has a history lacking them.

Totadile - spirited, mood swinger, talkative, sticks out as much as he can bear, a little bit of a trash talker, likes to brag a little, knowledgable about some things, has a serious side but is not often in that state of mind.

Again, very close to how I wanted Totodile to come across to people. Though I'm not sure what you mean of trash talker.

Torchic - Straight down with business, mindful of conditions, a little bit bossy, talks a little rash honest however, gets angry rather easily, focus is a little narrow minded, a little touch of pessimistic side

You're on a roll now! After a while you'll find out a little more about Torchic, but this all I want people to know about her now.

but then again i'm just analyzing just on from what i've read but don't take my word seriously :p its just what i think of what their behavior is

Well I thank you for doing this. Reading this little analysis I get a chance to see how well I'm coming across to my readers. If these are the impressions you got then I'm guessing that others are generally feeling the same, in which case I'm right on track.

Thanks again!

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
Note: Like I said, this is one of my shorter chapters in the story. I believe its actually the shortest chapter out of all the ones I've compiled so far. Nonetheless please enjoy!

Chapter 10​

Following in the Footsteps of Idols. Team Charge-Net Takes Off!

It was a calm morning in Thunder Meadows. Dewdrops clung to the yellow grass, which blanketed the still waterlogged soil. Despite having been several days since the massive storm, the effects of it could still be seen. Puddles lay scattered among grass of the fields.

During that night it had been especially bad here. With only a few dead and bare trees to block it, the wind blew untamed. The lightning was constant, though it wasn’t of much concern, since all the inhabitants were electric type Pokemon. The rain wasn’t much of a problem either; draining off the cliff that bordered one side of the meadow. On a good day, like today, one could see all the way to the Pokemon Village from the edge of this cliff.

A faint flapping sound drifted through the crisp air, signifying that Pelliper was taking his usual morning route. He touched down, dropping the newspaper in a rather short mailbox in front of one particular house. This house was shaped like a dome that featured a blue minus sign above the door. Grass was growing at the top, just above the minus sign, as well as above the single window. However, this house was so small that not even a Charizard could have fit comfortably in it. Pelliper flipped up the sign on the mailbox, which made a small squeaking noise, spread his wings and took off on his way to the next house.

Not a moment later, the door to the small house swung open, revealing a small electric mouse with blue minus signs on his cheeks, blue on the tips of his ears as well as a blue minus sign for a tail. Most Pokemon at this time would have been groggy and would have done anything to go back to bed, but not this one. Feeling fresh and alert, Minun dashed out the door and made an all out sprint to the mailbox, coming to a sudden halt when he reached it. Reaching inside, he pulled out the recent edition of the Pelliper news. He’d been doing this for a little while now, searching for one name in particular. Unfortunately, this name had yet to turn up.

He scanned through the paper, glancing at each heading as he went. “NEW CHAMPION AT MAKUHITA DOJO” “OUTDATED BRIDGE FINALLY REPLACED” “ANOTHER AMAZING RESCUE BY TEAM ACT” Eventually, one particular section caught his eye. With a burst of excitement he ran up to the house neighboring his own. It was similar in every way, with a red plus sign above the door instead of a blue minus sign. He knocked quickly on it, shouting, “Plusle! Hey Plusle! Come check this out!”

The door opened and a small electric with red plus signs on his cheeks, red ears, and a red plus sign tail stepped out. Plusle had apparently just woken up, but brightened up right away upon seeing his friend and the paper in his hand. “Oh!” Plusle said excitedly, “You found what you were looking for!?”

“Sure did!” answered Minun with equal excitement, “You know Team Supernova, right?”

“… Yeah!” Plusle said thinking back, “I think so. That’s the team that Cubone is on right? The one that saved you? And then the two other members… I forgot who they were.”

“Take a look at this!” Minun said showing Plusle the paper, “It’s a list of all the rescue teams that have ranked up today.” He pointed at one part of the list revealing the name Team Supernova; “They ranked up to bronze!”

“Bronze,” Plusle repeated, impressed, “Not bad!”

“I know!”

“I know!!”

“I know!!!”

“I know!!!!”

They both laughed between themselves for a couple moments; a passing Flaaffy gave them both an odd look before continuing on her way. They calmed down again, falling back onto the grass to gaze at the sky. Minun sighed with an almost longing expression on his face as he let his imagination take over. “You know, it kinda makes me want to start a rescue team too. That would be so cool…”

“Yep. It totally would.”

“You don’t think we could… oh never mind.”

Plusle sat up again. “Well, why not?” he answered, as if reading his friends mind.

“WHAT!?” At this Minun literally jumped to his feet, doing a midair somersault in the process. “Me!? On a rescue team!?”

“Sure!” Plusle answered, “I’m positive that there are Pokemon that need our help! We might even be able to meet Team Supernova!”

“That would be great…” said Minun thinking a moment. The moment lasted only half a second before he hastily said, “Let’s do it!” He started running on the spot with excitement, but then he suddenly stopped as he realized a hole in their plan. “But, we need another team member. Who would join our team?”

“Well…” Plusle said trying to think of a possible candidate. He paced back and forth which was what he did when he was trying to remember something. He clapped his hands suddenly as he came to a conclusion, making Minun jump slightly. “I’ve got it! Remember a few years ago when Caterpie wanted to start a rescue team and asked us to join? We could take him up on his offer. I’m sure he still wants to be on a rescue team!”

“Hey, yeah! That’s a great idea!” Minun cried, as if his dreams were slowly but surely coming together. “Then we could go to the Pelliper Post Office to get all the stuff we need!”

“So here’s the plan,” announced Plusle, “we’ll find Caterpie, and form a rescue team with him. Then we’ll go the Post Office and get the stuff we need. We’ll pick a mission, and we can even start rescuing today! How does that sound?”

“Yes!” Minun said, beginning to shiver with excitement, “I’ll be on a rescue team just like Tristan!”

Without any more to do, the two friends left Thunder Meadows, with their bold and rash idea in mind. It didn’t take long before they found Caterpie, since he could always be found in the same place.

“You… you… you really want to make a rescue team!?” asked Caterpie in disbelief, “and… and… you’re asking me to join!?” Caterpie had the appearance of a small green caterpillar, shorter than both Plusle and Minun, though not by much. He had a pale yellow underside and small yellow ring-shaped markings that traveled down both sides of his body. This all was topped off with an orange antenna that protruded from his forehead and branched immediately into two. He had an expression on his face as if all his dreams were finally coming true.

Elder Wiscash could be heard chuckling in the background about how energetic youngsters were these days. The water level from that night in the pond had receded back to its normal calm level, and the atmosphere was what it normally was. The gentle flow of water babbled over the rocky wall of boulders, which was topped by the dense trees of the forest. The bright morning sun reflected off of the crystal clear water.

“Yep,” said Plulse happily. “We even thought of a team name.”

“Team Charge-Net!” stated Minun; “You like?”

“I can’t believe this is happening! I can finally be on a rescue team!” his eyes seemed to sparkle with delight as he said something that sounded very similar to what Plusle had heard a few minutes ago, “Wow. I’ll be on a rescue team just like Dave!”

“Well,” Plusle said, “We were heading off to the Pelliper post office to get our supplies! You should come with us!”

“Too bad I can’t come,” said Metapod, coming up from behind. Metapod was a great deal larger than Caterpie, though they were still very close in age (Caterpie was due to evolve soon). His entire cocoon shaped body was green with the exception of his eyes. “I’d probably only get in the way the way I am now, though…” He looked down in disappointment, but then a moment later looked back up. “You should go Caterpie! I’ll harden as hard as I can, and become a Butterfree soon! That way I can come along too!”

“Hey that’s a great idea!” Caterpie exclaimed. He turned to his two new team members who nodded in agreement.

“I don’t have a problem with that,” Plusle said.

“The more the merrier, right?” Minun asked.

Caterpie turned back to his friend. “Okay, I’m going with them for a bit. Become a Butterfree as soon as possible!” He began to leave the pond with Plusle and Minun, but turned back one last time, “I’ll tell you all about our first rescue!!”

“I’ll be hardening until you get back! Tell me something exciting!”

With that, the trio left the pond.

***​

“OH WOW!!” Minun exclaimed as they left the post office. It was a large building shaped exactly like a Pelliper, with plants growing where its wings should have been, on the top of it head and other places along its base. He stared at the badge in his hands, as if it were some kind of trophy. “I’m actually on a rescue team!!” His two other friends shared the same thoughts.

The newly formed team turned to face the bulletin board, which was directly in front of the Pelliper shaped building. It was crammed with missions, some of them overlapping each other because of the lack of space.

“So many to choose from,” Caterpie said, overwhelmed with the choices. “How are we gonna pick one?”

“Um… let's choose something easy, but not too easy” suggested Plusle, scanning the board.

“A is the easiest right?” asked Minun, “because it’s the first letter of the alphabet?”

“I think that’s how it works,” Caterpie answered. “It makes sense to me.”

“If that’s the case, then let's choose this mission!” Plusle said pointing at one that was close to the end of the list, just barely in his reach. He jumped to take it down, and began to read from it. “Client: Wooper, Objective: I got stuck! Save me! Place: Frosty Forest Floor 15, Difficulty: A” He lowered the letter to look at the others, “That doesn’t sound too hard, does it?”

“No way!” said Minun, “We can totally do that!”

“That will be a great first mission!” exclaimed Caterpie.

“Then, that’s that!” Plusle said tucking the mission under his arm, while Minun clumsily swung the toolbox behind his back. It was a special toolbox built for small Pokemon. The downside of it was that it couldn’t hold as much as the larger ones. “Let's meet on the bridge just outside the village at noon with our supplies! Then, we’ll get going on our mission!”

The team gathered their necessary items, such as scarves and berries. Finally, after what seemed like hours to Minun, they met at the meeting point. All set, they departed for Frosty Forest.

“I can’t wait until Tristan sees that I’ve actually done a mission!” said Minun, beginning to shiver again with excitement.

Caterpie gave a confused look. “Tristan?” He asked, “Who the heck is Tristan?”

To be continued…

Last edited:

Lucarioman777

Cool, I'm not too late to the party!

Yeah, I'm feeling better now and am able to review!

I have a feeling this was an intro chapter into (hopefully) something long, awesome, and pwns the earlier chapters. Like you said, this was short, so there isn't much to review on, but it's good nonetheless (is that one word?).

Later homies,
--Lucarioman777

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
nice little chapter :p
i'll be rooting for team charge-net from my little cozy room (though they picked an A mission lol):p
sounds like my first mistake i made when playing :p

Blademaster_Jale

Feelin' Lucky?
sorry this took so long...

looks like this time i'm the one late for the party. i thought i'd posted a review on your previous chapter, but i guess my computer screwed up again (it has a bad habit of doing that.) either way, i'll just review both!

Chapter Nine:
very well done; its easy to tell you are improving. descriptions were great; you described what you needed to without putting in too much, like i tend to do. the only problem was you added an "E" to the end of Gardevoir's name.

Chapter Ten:
again, you did very well. not much to criticize here, i particularly enjoyed the descriptions of Thunder Meadow and Plusle and Minun's houses.

the plot is definitely starting to play out now; Tristan has finally made the connection between Team Blue's leader and his friend Dave. also, with Plusle and Minun starting a team and going on an "A" ranked mission, this could definitely be pretty interesting

Apotheosis

Seeker of Truth
I would say it's more of an intermezzo chapter, but it does give some focus on some very cute and enjoyable characters that usually aren't in the spotlight as much.

Another thing that's funny is for how much they want to be on rescue teams, yet they never really do any serious research. I guess that's just the sincere hope and naivety of the young.

Keep up the good work.

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
@Lucarioman777: Yes indeed. Your feelings are not leading you wrong. The introductions are done, and now its time to get serious!

I was actually tempted to make all the arcs before Frosty Forest into one, since this is when all the arcs start getting big.

Hehe. Spell check didn't correct me on it, so I guess nonetheless is a word =P.

@Blademaster_Jale: Thanks! I appreciate the reviews. You'll see next chapter about the outcome of their "A" ranked mission.

@Apotheosis: I never thought of it that way, but yes, I guess you could call it an intermezzo chapter. And yeah, unfortunately for Team Charge-net they have the flaw with being too hasty and underestimating how hard rescuing can really be.

@MudkipMagix: Oh! So you were another one of my "silent readers." Well I'm glad you've been enjoying the story so far. As you can see I've gone back to touch up on old chapters, so it will take a while for me to catch up again.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for the replies! I'm still pretty busy, so don't expect another chapter anytime soon.

Koridojo_Blaziken

Cool. :) I could only find one little error with that chapter:

“Team Charge-Net!” stated Minun; “You like?”
I dunno....it could just be my L. Arts teacher's words blaring in my ear, but something tells me that should be:

"Team Charge-Net!" stated Minun. "You like?"

Just thought I'd point it out.

Otherwise, this fanfic is definitely improving from when I first started 'eavesdropping' on it when Nsider was still up. (didn't have an account, remember??)

~*lopunny_diva*~

Cute, but psycho
Awesome. I liked the chapters. Very well written. (granted, I haven't been on for a while...I just read the most recent updates in a minute in a half!)

Wuh-oh. An 'A' mission....something tells me this is where things go downhill. xD

Smart Alex

What the--GET AWAY!!
Cool! I liked it. :) Even though I haven't been able to read it for the past month or so. -___-; I must admit, it's been hectic lately, especially with practicing to get into choir next year. But, I have fun singing for practice. ^.^

;104;Zora: Yeah, and you nearly burst our eardrums, too. That stereo is LOUD, woman!!
Me: Sheesh, just calm down. Or I can get Kari's future self to use Blast Burn on ya.
;006;Kari (future) : Hey, don't drag me into this!
Zora: O_O There's TWO Kari's?!?! Oi vey...*holds head in paws* I feel like my brain's going to explode any minute now.
;417;Patch: OOOOOH!!! *holds out paws* DO IT HERE! DO IT HERE!

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
Wow! It feels like so long like I've posted a chapter! Well I'm sure you'll all be glad to know that my hectic times are over, and now that I have more time I can get back to one chapter a week.

I'll start that in a couple minutes with a new chapter. (ahead of time) Enjoy

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
Chapter 11

Meeting Team Blue. Mix-up in the Mail!

It was early in the morning when Team Supernova gathered in the Pokemon Village. By now it had been roughly a week since the night of the intense storm. Seeing the village now, one would never have guessed that such a storm had even occurred. The repairs were finished and the town was back to normal. During that time the team had gone on several minor missions, giving them time to fully recover but still allowing them to get in some much-needed practice. It even took a couple of days for Torchic to stop sneezing.

Some of these missions included finding Poliwag’s missing stamina band in Thunderwave Cave and rescuing a lost Rattata in the early levels of Thunder Mountain. The team was improving greatly with every task they completed, becoming more efficient and skilled in their work. In turn, this boosted the morale of the team, especially Totodile, who proudly wore his shiny new bronze-ranked badge. His sorrow and doubt from the night of the storm had diminished.

This morning would be spent in the Pokemon village, preparing for tougher and more challenging missions to come. Totodile went to re-supply their items at Kecleon’s shop, while Torchic went to Felicity Bank to deposit their earnings from a previous mission. Tristan had wandered over to Gulpin’s Link Shop, one of the taller buildings in the village. It was shaped like a cylinder topped with a dome-shaped roof. Above the walkway on the side of the building hung a small lantern, which would be lit every night. On the other side of the building was a tall, oddly shaped chimney that reached as high as the building itself. Standing in front of the elaborate door to the building was Gulpin, reading the Pokemon News behind the counter as he waited for customers. Tristan was curious as to what linking was.

“NO WAY!!!” he exclaimed, as he got his answer, “You mean you can combine my moves so I can use’em all at once!?”

“Yep,” Gulpin answered, “Though you’re not really doing both the moves at once, rather, you’re doing the moves in very quick succession. You may as well say the moves are done at the same time, though.” Gulpin had the appearance of a small green blob with the shape of a black diamond on his back, as well as a yellow leaf sticking out on top of his… head… or was it his body? Probably both. “And just for the low price of 150 poke, you can link all the moves you like!”

“Ummm…” Tristan muttered, checking his money. He’d asked Torchic to give him some in case he saw something interesting. Well, this sure sounded interesting. He quickly counted the money in his hand. Sweet! Just enough! “Okay, I’d like to link some moves,” Tristan said handing Gulpin the money.

“Let's see… yep, that’s enough,” said Gulpin after he finished counting, “now, what moves would you like linked?”

“Um…” Tristan said, taking a moment to think, “How about Tail Whip and Bone Club.”

“A good choice…” commented Gulpin as he immediately got to work. Most of what he was doing was under the counter, so Tristan couldn’t tell what he was doing. Gulpin made conversation as he went about his business, “Weakening the enemy, then using a powerful attack afterwards, a good strategy. Usually people who come here just link two attacks with no strategy in mind.” Suddenly he jumped out from behind the counter smacking Tristan on the head with his tiny blob for a hand. Tristan gave a startled cry as he fell back “There, you're done,” he stated from behind the counter again, “Will that be all for today?”

“What was that for!?” Tristan exclaimed getting to his feet again. It hadn’t hurt, thanks to his protective skull, but he was annoyed that he’d just been attacked.

“You wanted me to link your moves didn’t you? Tail Whip and Bone Club? Well I just did it for you.”

“Oh…” Tristan said, embarrassed from acting up. “Yeah, thanks. And that will be all for now.”

“Alright then. Oh! And I almost forgot.” Gulpin recalled. Tristan was about to turn and leave, but was stopped by this comment. “Since this is your first time here, you get this as well,” he handed Tristan a strange box from under the counter that appeared to contain a bunch of disks.

“What is it?” Tristan asked, holding it in his hand.

“It’s a link box,” Gulpin answered, “With that, you can link moves wherever and whenever you want. They can come in handy when facing a tough opponent, but remember, it can only be used once and then it’s useless.”

“Cool,” replied Tristan, “Thanks for that.” Tristan started to head back towards Pokemon Square waving as he started down the walkway. As he was turning, however, a slightly larger Pokemon, about twice his height, brushed passed him. His fur was an orange colour and he had brown paws. His cheeks were yellow, as was the lightning shape on the end of his long tail. “Oh, sorry,” Tristan said turning around.

The Raichu looked back at him lifting a paw behind his head, “Hehe… I’m the one who should be saying sorry, so… sorry about that!” With that he continued on his way, which happened to be Gulpin’s link shop. Tristan decided he’d spent too much time here and walked away briskly. He was becoming excited to try out his newly linked moves.

“Hey Gulper,” the Raichu said cheerfully from behind, “I’d like to delink a move today.”

“Wow!” Gulpin exclaimed, getting to work, “I haven’t seen you in a while Dave! That must have been some mission to take such a long time! And when will you remember that my name is Gulpin?”

“Hehe, sorry, I must have forgotten again.”

“Dave!?” Tristan thought, freezing in his tracks. The name had rung out loud and clear, even though he was barely in earshot. Not too far away from him was the person who had once been his best friend. He was standing right there. The person with whom he had to meet, that’s what Gardevoir had said. Tristan considered going back, to try to talk to him, but for some reason he couldn’t muster the courage to do it. His nerves kept him there, only permitting him to gaze at the new face of his old friend. He wondered what Dave might say if he did go see him.

“There, you're done,” Gulpin said, suddenly bringing Tristan back to his senses. Tristan decided that now wasn’t a good time to talk to Dave anyway. He would wait until he could talk to him without any distractions. He headed back to Pokemon Square, behind him he could hear Dave speaking.

“Thanks! I can always count on you when it comes to linking.”

“That’s exactly the kind of thing Dave would say,” Tristan thought, reflecting on his recently discovered human memories. He arrived at the Square to see Totodile and Torchic talking excitedly to two larger Pokemon. Totodile noticed Tristan coming.

“Hey Tristan!” he called, “Come meet Team Blue!” Tristan walked up to the group like Totodile had requested; though he would have headed here anyway without being asked. “So, here is the final member of our team!” Totodile told them, “This is Tristan.”

Both Pokemon in front of him were very tall, even taller than Dave. “Hey,” the one on the right said. It was a lizard-looking Pokemon with green scaly skin all over his body, except for a red stripe across his belly, as well as red under his chin. He had a bush for a tail, what appeared to be leaves growing out of his arms, and strange yellow buds growing out of his back. He seemed to be chewing on something, though Tristan couldn’t tell what. “I’m Sceptile.”

The Pokemon next to him had his eyes closed. He, too, was tall, and rather plain compared to his fellow team-member. His back was covered with blue shaggy fur, with bright yellow softer fur on his front. His posture was hunched over, though he still seemed pretty tall. “Zzzzzzzzz.”

“He’s sleeping…” Tristan said, looking blankly back at Sceptile.

“Typhlosion! You idiot!” snapped Sceptile as he spat a seed which hit him square on the head.

Typhlosion slowly lifted his head, rubbing his eyes as he mumbled, “Why’d you wake me…?”

Sceptile rolled his eyes impatiently. “Because you fell asleep in the middle of a conversation!” He sighed, “Typhlosion, meet Tristan.”

Typhlosion glanced around blearily at his own eye-level, not seeing anyone he looked down face to face with Tristan. “Oh… s'up,” he said lazily lifting a hand making a slight wave.

“This is the team that saved the world, Tristan,” Torchic said looking over at Tristan once Sceptile and Typhlosion had started to talk amongst themselves, “They are diamond rank!

“That’s higher than gold!” added Totodile, “I heard they are striving for Lucario rank, too.”

Tristan couldn’t help but give a skeptical look. Torchic responded with a dark and threatening glare. “Oh! Yeah, yeah.” Tristan said hastily, “I… I never had a doubt. C’mon. You can stop that now.”

“That’s a little better,” she muttered.

“H-Hey! There’s Dave!” Totodile shouted in excitement pointing directly over Tristan’s shoulder. It was so sudden that it caused Torchic, Tristan and even Sceptile and Typhlosion to jump. Tristan turned to where his friend was pointing. Surely enough, the same Raichu from earlier approaching. Tristan froze again, he couldn’t help it.

“Hey, Dave,” Sceptile greeted, his arms crossed, “How did the delinking go?”

“With Gulpin in charge,” Dave started coming up next to Sceptile, tilting his head up slightly, “Did you even need to ask?”

“Hehe,” Sceptile said with a grin, raising one arm behind his head, “that’s right, I guess there was no point in asking. I guess I don’t need to ask if you got his name right either?”

“Aw, come on, you know I can’t help it. Hm?” Dave turned noticing Tristan, a curious look in his eye, “Have I seen you somewhere?”

“H… have you!?” Tristan asked still frozen, “You remember me!?”

Dave thought a moment, then snapped his fingers, “Oh right! I bumped into you a couple minutes ago. Silly me." He stuck his tongue out slightly, grinning impishly.

“Oh… yeah… right,” replied Tristan, heavily disappointed. He had high hopes raised that Dave would recognize him. But, then again, Tristan was in a completely different body from when they last met. It was understandable.

“Well, anyway, nice meeting you,” Sceptile said to Tristan, Totodile, and Torchic. He turned to Dave. “Why don’t we head back to the base” he suggested, “Then I’ll be off to Overgrown Forest for a little rest.”

“Yes,” Typhlosion said blissfully. He’d only caught onto the word rest. “Sleep.”

“Sure thing,” Dave replied, “That mission sure took a lot out of me. I think we all need a break.” He turned back to Tristan; “I didn’t get your name, by the way.”

“It’s Tristan,” answered Tristan quickly.

“Oh, okay then, maybe I’ll see you some other time.” With that, Team Blue left the Pokemon Square back in the direction of the team base area. Team Supernova was about to head to the bulletin board to pick up a mission for the day, for some reason they hadn’t received any mail.

Voices could be heard coming from behind. One of these voices called out to Team Supernova. “Why are you heading to the board!?” Before they even saw the speaker, to their dread, the team recognized the voice to be that of Machop, the leader of Team Supreme. Machop, Aipom, and Misdreavus came up from behind as the Supernova trio turned around. Machop was wearing an annoyingly smug look on his face. “Now, what was it that you said the other day… hmm… Ah! Yes. Didn’t you say you were too ‘popular’ to get a mission from the board? That’s what they said, right Aipom?”

“Ooh ooh, ah ah! Sure did!”

“And yet, here you are,” Machop continued, “Are you so lousy that people will stop asking you for help?”

“You should talk,” answered Totodile, refraining from becoming aggravated.

“Ooh ooh, ah ah!” replied Aipom, “We got mail! Looks like we’re the popular ones now!”

“To top that,” added Misdreavus, “It's an SOS from another rescue team.”

“Oh, really?” asked Torchic skeptically, “let’s see that mission.”

“Read it and weep,” Machop said, flicking the mission over to them, “And don’t even try to run off with it, or you’re gonna get it!” To back up his words he began cracking his knuckles, as if he thought it were somehow threatening.

Totodile read the mission to his team, “Client: Team Charge-Net, Objective: SOS please save us, Place: Frosty Forest Floor 15, Rank: A, Reward: ???” Totodile gave a disappointed sigh, “Darn, you probably just got lucky,” he was about to hand the mission back when Tristan snatched it from his hand.

“Hold on a sec!” Tristan said, scanning over the mission. He thought for sure that he’d seen something suspicious. After thoroughly scanning the front, he turned over the letter and began to scan the back. Looking at the back of the letter for some reason made Team Supreme suddenly nervous.

Machop stepped forward, pointing at Tristan, angrily demanding, “Hey! Give that back! You’ve had that long enough!”

“Here!” Tristan said, finding his cause of suspicion. He showed it to the other members of his team.

“Addressed to… Team Supernova,” Totodile read.

“Hey! What’s the big idea!” Torchic interrogated, “What are you doing with our mission!?”

“If you think we stole it, then you’ve got another thing coming!” Machop shouted back.

“We found this in our own mailbox,” Misdreavus said backing her team-mate up, “not yours!”

“Ooh ooh, ah ah! That means it our mission!”

“No, it doesn’t!” Tristan shouted, “It was addressed to us! But thanks for returning it.”

“Oh no! Oh no no no no no no no!” Machop growled tightening his fist, “You're gonna steal our mission! Again! This is unbelievable! We won’t let you go on that mission!”

“Just watch us,” replied Totodile, “This is our mission, so we’re finding Team Charge-Net!”

“Oh yeah, well you’d be wasting your time!” yelled Machop furiously, “We’ll already have saved the team by the time you get to them!”

“No!” Torchic countered, “We’ll have found them before you even enter the forest!”

“That’s what you think!” Misdreavus shot back, “We’ll be leaving the forest before you get into it!”

“No way!” argued Tristan, “We’ll be back before you even leave the village!”

“Ooh ooh, ah ah! Um…” Aipom thought a moment, they didn’t leave him with much to work with. Everyone was watching at him. “Ooh ooh, we already saved them?” he said quietly not knowing what else to say. Everyone rolled his or her eyes.

“Well, team,” Machop said, calming down, “Let's get ready, let's show these losers who’s the better rescue team.” They were about to head towards the Kecleon shop.

“You're on!” Totodile shouted at them as they were leaving, “It shouldn’t be so hard, being a bronze-ranked rescue team and all!”

Machop stopped in his tracks. “You!?" he turned back, "Bronze!?”

“Yep,” replied Torchic, showing her new shiny badge, “We really don’t have time for lowly normal rank teams like yourselves.”

Through gritted teeth Machop pointed, and burst, “If we win, we get the bronze rank, and you go back to normal!”

“But, if we win,” responded Totodile heatedly, “you take back everything you told people about us! And you leave us the heck alone!”

“Psh! Like that’s gonna happen!” answered Machop, “But, deal!”

“Fine!” Totodile shouted as he and his team left Pokemon Square. He turned back to his team, completely free of anger. In fact he was grinning. “This is great! We’ve done our preparations already! We can leave right now!”

“Heh,” Torchic replied, “Not that we would have lost without a head start.”

“I bet they’ll catch up to us at the last second,” Tristan accidentally thought aloud.

“Don’t say that!” Totodile gasped, “You’ll jinx it!”

And so, the team set off for Frosty Forest at the fastest speed they could, hoping they’d maintain their lead. With their rank at stake and as their motivation to keep going faster, they pushed onward. The team wondered what the weather had in store for them in Frosty Forest. It was said to be among the coldest places on earth, and within it resided a Pokemon of legendary and fearsome power. Hopefully, they wouldn’t have to fight this Pokemon.

“So, you said you linked a move, Tristan,” Torchic said, “What moves did you link?”

“I linked Tail Whip and Bone Club,” Tristan answered, looking forward to being able to try it out. Hopefully on Machop.

“Hmm,” commented Totodile, “I would’ve linked two attacks instead, but that’s just me.”

To be continued…

Last edited:

Apotheosis

Seeker of Truth
Some words can be hyphenated and turned into one descriptive phrase, such as the following:

bronze-ranked team
dome-shaped roof

I'm not as certain on the exact rules of hyphens, so you may want to look them up if you care.

Other than that, it was a great chapter. I really should send you another beta chapter, shouldn't I?

Blademaster_Jale

Feelin' Lucky?
you're right, Apotheosis; thats the proper way to do it.

anyways, another great chapter! i almost found myself shouting "just tell him who you are!!!" to Tristan lol. just figures that Dave would be a Pikachu-turned-Raichu... but i was expecting one of their team-members to be a water-type, as their name is Team Blue after all...
either way, you did a great job as usual. this mission looks to be pretty interesting (it was obvious that TSN would have to go after Charge-Net) and reminds me of the part in the games where your team is racing Team Meanies to the end of Sinister Woods. it also had some good bits of humour in it (i love that line at the end where Totodile states that he would've linked two attacks)

well, keep up the good work!

~BMJale