• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sailor Moon Fan Club

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I might make a post about the Sailor Moon Super and Sailor Moon Super S 'balloon popping' games, just to have something to talk about in this club (one day i should try to remember the episodes in general better if i'm not watching them again XD; ).

Those games had the sailor scouts as chibis in them and I used to play them emulated a lot. Well, Sailor Moon Super S, anyways.

Sailor Moon Super S was especially good 'cuz it had a challenging 'pop all the balloons in a certain amount of moves' mode.

I remember being very good at that mode when I played the game as a kid :p I ended up getting the game emulated again sometime last year or the year before and I keep losing the story mode on it haha

I did make it to sailor saturn at one point, i think, though :)

Also I could try watching sailor moon another story on youtube again sometime. I think there's still videos of it up. I remember thinking chibi moon and anshar made a cute couple :)

Expect most of my posts in this club to be about sailor moon video games XD

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Did anyone else like Serena's/Usagi's character development throughout the series or do you like any other characters character development?

I thought Serena's development was probably the best because you could clearly see how much she changed since the beginning of the series.

LadyTriox

Did anyone else like Serena's/Usagi's character development throughout the series or do you like any other characters character development?

I thought Serena's development was probably the best because you could clearly see how much she changed since the beginning of the series.

Yeah, I do remember her development quite a bit :) She grew to be less of a sensitive crybaby as the series progressed, and a very protective and good friend. It's also cute how she and Darian grow to really like each other as the series progresses in my opinion. And, I like how as the series progressed, Tuxedo Mask seemed to rescue Usagi less and less, too. And, their love was more of an equal thing over time, rather than her just releying on a cute boy. xD

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So does anyone hope that Sailor Moon Stars gets an English dub soon? I've been waiting for one ever since I heard about this season.

LadyTriox

So does anyone hope that Sailor Moon Stars gets an English dub soon? I've been waiting for one ever since I heard about this season.

GLAD TO FINALLY HEAR I DIDN'T MISS OUT ON IT BEING DUBBED o_o;;;
thank you...soo much.....thats something that haunted me FOR YEARS....(as a kid i never got cartoon network when sailor moon was airing so i didn't know if i missed the stars dub or not :/ i'm so glad it didn't even exist :) it would hurt too much if i missed it, cuz sailor moon meant a lot to me as a kid...)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So I believe Sailor Moon Super S will be redubbed and seems to be coming out in 2018. I'm hoping that Sailor Stars will come out in 2018 or early 2019 as well.

LadyTriox

I want to accept my childhood. I really do.

Sailor Moon was a part of it. I really do admire that innocent sparkle i had in my eye, looking at the pretty scouts....

And admiring fan pages....

I remember even wanting a sailor moon email. Really. I was so into her xD

And i wanna feel proud of it.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm thinking about rewatching the entire original series again soon.

I was also looking at some videos of collections that people have of Sailor Moon stuff. Some even have entire rooms with stuff from their collections.

LadyTriox

^ Reading about those collections made me smile :D

I may start playing sailor moon video games again sometime.

The balloon ones are cute :)

I don't know when my brother will want to continue sailor moon crystal. Hopefully sometime soon though.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
So uh... this is going to sound weird, but while I don't consider myself a fan, or at least not a big fan, I actually am in the mood for discussions of it by fans, and thought maybe this would be the best place to start? If that's okay?

Some backstory, I saw Crystal first, done on purpose so I could view it through the eyes of a non-fan, and I didn't think it was all that great. Fans kept saying the anime wasn't doing the manga justice, so I decided I was going to get the manga, buuuut it's been really slow collecting it, so I haven't really read it yet (decided this because the Kodansha Comics prints are of the 12-volume shinsouban reprints, so might as well just go with that). I would've waited longer until the rest of Crystal was done before starting the original anime, but who knows when Toei's going to even complete it >_>.

While my parents swear up-and-down I watched the '90s anime when I was a little girl (I remember asking for (and still have!) a Sailor Venus figurine at the Toys 'R' Us, so I guess I did), I don't remember it very well, so I watched it all the way through for the first time just last year (and I started it on my birthday, too--weird that I started it on the anime's 25th anniversary), and while I didn't necessarily marathon it, I completed it that July. It took me some time to decide what version I wanted to go with, and I ultimately went with the dub. I don't know why it's like that on KissAnime even though I watched it on the TV with Firestick, but the app used KA's uploads, but I ended up watching the original dub kinda by accident. However, a long-time fan encouraged me to stick with it for good ol' '90s cheese, and I actually enjoyed the show that way. It's to the point where I don't think I'll be able to enjoy the re-dub all that much if only because Toei has a bad habit of having awful pacing, and somehow the DiC and Cloverway dubs managed to make that tolerable. This actually unfortunately affected my enjoyment of Stars because I got too used to the dub, and the pacing issues were noticeable then.

Anyway, it's been almost a year and while I will still say I'm more of a Cardcaptor Sakura fan than Sailor Moon, I've not been able to shake off the show, though that could be because I like the soundtrack a lot. Haven't entirely seen a clip of the show since, but I still remember events enough that I could probably list my favorite moments, albeit it'd be based off the dub. I have thoughts of doing a rewatch if only to write reviews for it on MyAnimeList, so maybe some discussions would help push me more in that direction.

Anyhoo, sorry 'bout the word-vomit, didn't know how else to explain myself. So, for the sign up form:

Username: Kutie Pie
Who is your favorite Sailor Scout and why?: After some thought, I'd have to say Sailor Jupiter/Lita (yeah, dub names). I find her charming, and I'm just a sucker for tomboys. Which is a little funny because she still has girly moments like cooking, a fondness for ice skating, and developing quick crushes because "he looks like my last boyfriend" (which I don't think was even a thing, or at least not as true?), but she's definitely the tough girl of the group. I don't quite remember if she had a bit of a character arc like Mina did (well, Minako since that particular episode wasn't dubbed), but I think she could've had more of those, though not as much as Amy. Poor Amy, I just couldn't really care for her too much for whatever reason, and that's a shame.

Last edited:

LadyTriox

I'm probably more a card captor sakura fan too kutie pie. I really like the fashion theme to the card captor sakura anime, and i like kero a lot, too^^ Both these things are just so cute to me. Also, Sakura skate's like korrina does xD I don't think i find myself attracted to her, though. She's more just cute and lovable to me.

I like sailor moon too but i think i mostly like it for the sake of childhood nostalgia overall. I was a serious sailor moon fan as a preteen, and used to watch it and go on sailor moon sites like every chance I got. I used to draw sailor moon related art work a lot too. I remember getting good at drawing their eyes :)

And my favorite scout now? Hmn.....i'd say Sailor Chibi Chibi if you count her. I like cute and innocent kid characters. I wouldn't say chibi moon although her hair is a cute pink color she argued with serena a lot and that annoyed me. I also like sailor jupiter/lita, but more so cuz i think she's rather hot than for the reasons you like her xD She seems korrina like to me.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So uh... this is going to sound weird, but while I don't consider myself a fan, or at least not a big fan, I actually am in the mood for discussions of it by fans, and thought maybe this would be the best place to start? If that's okay?

Some backstory, I saw Crystal first, done on purpose so I could view it through the eyes of a non-fan, and I didn't think it was all that great. Fans kept saying the anime wasn't doing the manga justice, so I decided I was going to get the manga, buuuut it's been really slow collecting it, so I haven't really read it yet (decided this because the Kodansha Comics prints are of the 12-volume shinsouban reprints, so might as well just go with that). I would've waited longer until the rest of Crystal was done before starting the original anime, but who knows when Toei's going to even complete it >_>.

While my parents swear up-and-down I watched the '90s anime when I was a little girl (I remember asking for (and still have!) a Sailor Venus figurine at the Toys 'R' Us, so I guess I did), I don't remember it very well, so I watched it all the way through for the first time just last year (and I started it on my birthday, too--weird that I started it on the anime's 25th anniversary), and while I didn't necessarily marathon it, I completed it that July. It took me some time to decide what version I wanted to go with, and I ultimately went with the dub. I don't know why it's like that on KissAnime even though I watched it on the TV with Firestick, but the app used KA's uploads, but I ended up watching the original dub kinda by accident. However, a long-time fan encouraged me to stick with it for good ol' '90s cheese, and I actually enjoyed the show that way. It's to the point where I don't think I'll be able to enjoy the re-dub all that much if only because Toei has a bad habit of having awful pacing, and somehow the DiC and Cloverway dubs managed to make that tolerable. This actually unfortunately affected my enjoyment of Stars because I got too used to the dub, and the pacing issues were noticeable then.

Anyway, it's been almost a year and while I will still say I'm more of a Cardcaptor Sakura fan than Sailor Moon, I've not been able to shake off the show, though that could be because I like the soundtrack a lot. Haven't entirely seen a clip of the show since, but I still remember events enough that I could probably list my favorite moments, albeit it'd be based off the dub. I have thoughts of doing a rewatch if only to write reviews for it on MyAnimeList, so maybe some discussions would help push me more in that direction.

Anyhoo, sorry 'bout the word-vomit, didn't know how else to explain myself. So, for the sign up form:

Username: Kutie Pie
Who is your favorite Sailor Scout and why?: After some thought, I'd have to say Sailor Jupiter/Lita (yeah, dub names). I find her charming, and I'm just a sucker for tomboys. Which is a little funny because she still has girly moments like cooking, a fondness for ice skating, and developing quick crushes because "he looks like my last boyfriend" (which I don't think was even a thing, or at least not as true?), but she's definitely the tough girl of the group. I don't quite remember if she had a bit of a character arc like Mina did (well, Minako since that particular episode wasn't dubbed), but I think she could've had more of those, though not as much as Amy. Poor Amy, I just couldn't really care for her too much for whatever reason, and that's a shame.

Oh hey, welcome to the club! Sorry it took me so long; I've been pretty busy lately ^^

Anyways make yourself at home and have fun!

LadyTriox

I have sailor moon songs on my mp3 player. I have sailor moon's old series american openning, 'she's got the power', and Moon Pride, the sailor moon crystal openning :3

They're fun songs to listen to. I also listened to sailor moon music a ton when i was 10-11 years old :D

I've even found "Aoi No Senshi" play in the BG on pokemon websites before xD

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
and Moon Pride, the sailor moon crystal openning :3

No lie, this song was the only thing that kept me watching the first season of Crystal next to the CGI transformation sequences (Chibi Moon's transformation was so noodly and awful that it was hilarious). I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually liked the CGI because at the very least it meant animation consistencies (Sailor Venus' was my favorite), thus why Chibi Moon was so out-of-place and noticeably bad. I didn't care for Death Busters-hen because those were missing, and the transformations still looked wonky as a result. There's kind of a reason I have a love-hate relationship with Toei Animation, and that further enforced it. :x

Also, after watching the original series and getting to S and thus Sailor Uranus and Neptune's transformations, the reboot didn't do it justice because they left out the awesome violin.

Oh, I actually found a fan-made re-animation of the transformation sequences of the third season (even though angles still look wonky, but it's done in the style). I almost couldn't believe it, either, but then Sailor Saturn's transformation came up, because she never got a complete transformation sequence in the series. I think it's worth a look-see.

[video=youtube;gOsK8t17DqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOsK8t17DqQ[/video]

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
No lie, this song was the only thing that kept me watching the first season of Crystal next to the CGI transformation sequences (Chibi Moon's transformation was so noodly and awful that it was hilarious). I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually liked the CGI because at the very least it meant animation consistencies (Sailor Venus' was my favorite), thus why Chibi Moon was so out-of-place and noticeably bad. I didn't care for Death Busters-hen because those were missing, and the transformations still looked wonky as a result. There's kind of a reason I have a love-hate relationship with Toei Animation, and that further enforced it. :x

Also, after watching the original series and getting to S and thus Sailor Uranus and Neptune's transformations, the reboot didn't do it justice because they left out the awesome violin.

Oh, I actually found a fan-made re-animation of the transformation sequences of the third season (even though angles still look wonky, but it's done in the style). I almost couldn't believe it, either, but then Sailor Saturn's transformation came up, because she never got a complete transformation sequence in the series. I think it's worth a look-see.

[video=youtube;gOsK8t17DqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOsK8t17DqQ[/video]

That looks really interesting. I'm hoping to possibly watch Crystal some time, even though I prefer the original over what I've seen from Crystal so far.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Is that a bad thing? I've only seen the first 7 Crystal episodes so I'm not really sure how theyret handling it

They're going to stuff the entirety of the Dream arc into two one-and-a-half-hour movies. I haven't read the manga (I only saw the "50/50 filler" Dream arc of the 90s version), but apparently that's an arc that really and truly needs all the time it needs to be properly adapted. It's also got a few people worried the Sailor Stars arc may not get the proper adaptation it needs at this rate, but it's Toei Animation, they never really cared for Sailor Moon.

So uh yeah, expect Toei to screw this one up. They'll douse it in pretty animation (if we're lucky *glares at Digimon Tri*), but that'll be about it.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
oh man i forgot about this club :c I am sorry but anyway i haven't even finished watching crystal yet been so busy lately with cosplay and etc need to redo my sailor mercury costume speaking of which is on topic btw ;)

LadyTriox

I like that Kira Kira Pri Cure A La Mode had their own version of Uranus and Neptune.

It was beautiful.

It's good when shows have gay/les couples and not just straight ones^^

Also, I related to Neptune a lot when I played a sailor moon fighting game earlier this year with my brother. I was all "She love's another girl who also has blonde hair! Just like me!" :D

I wanna play that sailor moon fighting game again sometime. I didn't get to use many special moves yet.

Chibi Moon's would be adorable i'm sure.

I remember the special moves in the balloon popping games.

Have any of you played Sailor Moon: Another Story? It was a huge favorite game of mine when i was 10-11 and got me into rpgs in general a bit.