• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sandstorm Of The Night

Metroid

Look at my post.
VGC 2012

Hippowdon (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Protect

Garchomp (M) @ BrightPowder
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psychic
- Protect

Scizor (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Acrobatics
- Pursuit

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Protect

Mienshao (M) @ Razor Fang
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Fake Out

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
First you need descriptions for each pokemon on your team and this will be ubers if you intend to use it in the OU tier. Is this supposed to be a VGC team though?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Ah, okay. I'm not the best doubles rater by far but this team doesn't seem like it could stand up to other teams in the VGC. All it really is, is a bunch of Pokemon chucked together. It doesn't really seem that you have any way to deal with the opponents weather let alone prevail with that task. So the first thing to re-think for this team would be pokemon who can do stuff like keep your weather up and get rid of the enemy's weather which sometimes can nullify their teams. Doesn't seem to have the best type synergy either. 3 Pokemon weak to ice. Most of your team is fast so Trick room teams could give you problems as well.

lovetheangelshadow

One heck of a Nobody
Scizor (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Acrobatics
- Pursuit

Hardy Nature does absolutely nothing for you. Adamant is your best bet which makes Scizor a beast. And replace Brick Break with either Rock Smash (which gets the technician boost and a 50% chance of lowering defense)

Mienshao (M) @ Razor Fang
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Fake Out[/QUOTE]

Go with the Regenerator Mienshao. With U-turn and Regen you can spam Fake Out and with Life Orb you can heal up the damaage lost. Jolly will let you outspeed a lot of other Fake Out Pokemon especially Hitmontop but you can get away with Adamant. Aerial Ace doesn't do much for you.

Suggest looking up Heatran, Metagross, Ferrothorn, or Bronzor to cover your Ice weakness. Bronzor can undo the TR effect if someone uses it and in non TR rooms you'll do well with Gyro Ball. Metagross and Heatran give you better coverage and resistances. Ferro messes up Politoad. These are just suggestions.

Metroid

Look at my post.
for my ice weakness I am going to use Bronzor,which moves sould I teach it?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
A Bronzong would be better suited. I don't know about just using pokemon to get rid of a weakness. Bronzong is a better Pokemon at setting up Trick Room in VGC. Unless you want to make this team into a TR team maybe another pokemon could work better.

lovetheangelshadow

One heck of a Nobody
A Bronzong would be better suited. I don't know about just using pokemon to get rid of a weakness. Bronzong is a better Pokemon at setting up Trick Room in VGC. Unless you want to make this team into a TR team maybe another pokemon could work better.

Oops I always get those names mixed up. That's my error
Renicelious is also a viable TR though I'm not sure.