• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The scariest thing you have ever seen in your life.

BearTown

He needs a tissue :(
WELL me and my friends like all the creepy stuff. I have alot but Im tired and one sorta comes to mind
We were watching when a stranger calls (I was like 11 or 12 lol) and my one friend texted his friend to call and be all like the movie. when we saw the phone number was hidden (it was during the scene where she gets the call too lol) we started getting nervous. then I picked up. and it had to be someone breathing... happened three times.... then we started getting nervous. after the movie my friend said it was all a joke. ahhh good times. he could have gone so much farther with that lol

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
not so much seen as...been involved with...
a girl was going to commit suicide and i had to talk her out of it...(the whole time i was thinking "if i even say one word wrong she could do it...and it would be my fault")
imagine the pressure on me (and it took me 2 hours to convince her)
i almost had a heart attack!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
A post reminded me of this. A good several years ago, Mom had picked me up from school, and on the way home, we saw a fresh dead calico cat on the side of the road. We have a calico of our own, and she was going outside a lot at the time. So Mom pulled over to check the body, but it wasn't our cat.

Not entirely frightening, but the thought of losing a pet like that is scary on its own. That's why I worry every time our Ebeneezer doesn't show up after a certain period of time. But he's a smart cat, so I've been slowly trying to not dwell on it anymore.

The first time my older brother had a seizure and every time thereafter. It's always a horrifying sight to see. :(

Also, when my other older brother did not get his pills for his Schizophrenia due to a power outage and had eventually...snapped. It was frightening having to see his sporadic behavior and not being able to predict what he was going to do next. I was honestly scared of him for around a month or two before he regained his normal personality.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Watching the walkthrough of Ao Oni. We shall never speak of this again O_O

Yuppirox said:
The first time my older brother had a seizure and every time thereafter. It's always a horrifying sight to see.

Also, when my other older brother did not get his pills for his Schizophrenia due to a power outage and had eventually...snapped. It was frightening having to see his sporadic behavior and not being able to predict what he was going to do next. I was honestly scared of him for around a month or two before he regained his normal personality
Wow, really? That must have been terrifying for both you and your brother. Losing one's control over one's self sounds scary on its own, but watching or experiencing it happen, especially someone close to you, must be devastating.

Last edited:

Pippi

Cool
My best friend had a seizure once while I was in Spanish. It wasn't that bad, but it still scared the living daylights out of me. Didn't help that he had another one a week later, too... Then he told me he's been having seizures every day for months after the first mentioned incident. My heart broke, it was so sad. :(

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
Last Thursday, I was driving home from work. I saw a bright orange light in the corner of my windshield, which continued to grow. The light soon consumed my vehicle. And when I woke up, I was home.

Thumbs up if you get that. In all seriousness, though, the scariest thing I've ever witnessed was probably metaphysical and not a real traumatizing event. All of my phobias are derived from real trauma, true. One could argue such a thought - but my memory does not stretch back far enough, perhaps out of respect for my current state of being.

I am haunted most by the memory of what I saw upon having mentally splayed out the course of actions taken in my life and how they affected my mind, and finding out that I was a furry or something. It was part of a psychology course, and I had a particularly eccentric teacher who believed the mind is best studied through thought. I really don't like to talk about it, I hear what I found isn't socially appropriate.

That's just me, though. I can't help but stay away from haunted phones, hospitals and knives.

The scariest thing I've seen in life, is life. Once I realized what the real world was like, it was a real eye opener and a scary moment

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Watching the heart monitor of a patient who was dying during my apprenticeship on cardiology. I didn't see her die in front of me, but saw her die on the monitor.
It was basically, an extremely irregular beat, it didn't even look like a heartbeat but more like the heart was spasming. And a pulse over 250. Then the pulse dropped from 250 to 30. Then there was a straight line with some peaks now and then when the heart tried to do its work but just couldn't and then just a flat line without pulse.

So yeah, it was quite scary. All the alarm bells going off and one of the doctors, his assistant and a bunch of nurses rushing in the room didn't really help.

I haven't had a patient code on me yet (thankfully) but I imagine it's pretty frightening, especially the first time. I've had to do post-mortem care on a few people (I work in oncology and my floor also has the hospital's hospice suites so it's inevitable) but I haven't witnessed someone die. Caring for the body afterwards is... Strange. Not scary or even creepy... It's just weird.

For the most part, my life has been pretty uneventful as far as scary things go. I'd have to say the scariest thing that I've ever seen would be the world tumbling on the other side of the windshield when I rolled my car. So far, that has been the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Zeitgeist. It isn't so bad now but I was pretty young when I saw it. Absolutely scared the crap out of me.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
seeing my sister nearly dead on the road after her accident

damn this is a heavy thread

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
My brother when he cut his finger off, but that in itself is an exageration....
damn, and i thought i saw some traumatizing **** in my life, jeez u guys really needed this thread to let it all out, huh? :s i feel for you guys

Ferrin

Easily Lost
seeing and feeling my bloody face and trying to cover it up before it reached my eyes.it happened a few years ago when i lost control of my bike and bashed my head on a tree,which knocked me out for a few minutes

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
The saddest part is the fact that I'm being serious.

Okay, let's try this again. I've been hit by a car before...but I never saw it coming.

I have also been hit by a car...on a pedestrian crossing. lesson: don't jaywalk in heavy traffic.

PLAYING SLENDER

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
The scariest thing for me was when a fellow student died in afar crash. This was a complete eye-opener to me on how short life is and how quickly it can all be taken away. His wake was just brutal on me.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I have also been hit by a car...on a pedestrian crossing. lesson: don't jaywalk in heavy traffic.

PLAYING SLENDER
I wasn't jaywalking, I was jaybiking.

Some of the stuff that pops up in my mind...

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
9/11 was pretty scary when I was in 5th grade. Second would be the Rake, if it was real. (Not the garden tool rake, lol)

I was only 18 months old when it happened, but I remember seeing some of the footage on the news and I just thought "Why do big people hurt each other?" Seeing that through a baby's eyes traumatised me. The rake freaks me out too.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
I don't think I was aware that 9/11 was happening when it did...then again, when I was a little kid, China was on the other side of some hill...which it isn't, by the way.

Some scary thing I remembered. My neighbor found a black cat in her backyard, dead, and I thought, for a dreadful few days, it was by beloved cat who had recently vanished from home. It wasn't him, thank goodness, but still...I love that cat so much :(

Last edited:

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
The scariest moment in my life has to be discovering my aunt unconscious on her bed after she attempted suicide by overdosing on pills.
The following month was so stressful and life-changing as my family tried to help her recover.
As a 10 year old, I was not prepared for all of it.