• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Scarlet and Violet Box Legendary Box Pokemon are not Legendry's (just a theory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juanthemovie

Pokemon Master
Ok a topic that Ive been thinking about ever since completing the game. Despite what the title says I still think they are legendaries but not in the way we normally know them as.

So majority of the Legendary Pokemon are deitys to certain regions or was around for the creation of the world or some other situation. But it has come clear that the Scarlet and Violet legendaries are not technically legendary pokemon because they are the past/future form of Cyclizar. That would beg the question if the past and future forms of the other pokemon like Sandy Shocks or Iron Thorns would also be considered legendary. Obviously they arent so then why are Miradon and Koraidon considered to be legendary?

Here comes the super obvious answer... its because they are the only 2 (4 if we are counting the 2nd one we catch) ever within the world. Its clear that the other future and past pokemon are abundant in the wild being able to spawn multiple. Its kind of like the same for the other legends where theres only 1 in each world, theres 1 Ho-oh, theres 1 Lunala, theres only 1 zamazenta. Even though they each have different amount of power some being more world ending than others, its pretty clear that to be considered a legendary, there can only be 1 in the entire world, they have considerable amount of power, or they are considered a god or a deity in a region. Of course the SV box legends fall under the "only 1 in the entire world" part but in this case its 2 in the entire world.

Although the games treats them like legendarys I still think they are they are nothing more than the other paradox pokemon. The Ruin pokemon are much more cooler legends than the box legends but of course there will possibly be DLC which will introduce another legendary based on the "Mysterious Disk Pokemon" in the Scarlet/Violet books. So yeah thats my opinion on if they should be considered legendaries. Thanks for reading goodbye!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That's not a thing nor has it ever been. Some Legendaries are known to have multiple members, like Latias and Latios. Heck, Solgaleo and Lunala breed to create more Cosmog.

Archaeus_

Proud Serebii Member
Err my (mostly reasonable) fanon is that the "legendaries" are like parts of the original one, watching u from the sky. This is shown in L:A with Arceus and I think it applies to all the legendaries. Why would a god give itself to a 10-year-old?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
There's no need to bump this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.