• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Scheme Team (409)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Arcanine Vs. Kirlia thing isn't REALLY a screw up.

Besides the fact that Arcanine is an evolved form and Kirlia isn't, it can also learn Bite attack which is super effective against Kirlia.

So while it is a strange Trainer choice, it isn't completely wrong you know.

Oh and I can't wait either to see May and Delia talk to one another. There's a scene in the next ep where Ash, May and Delia are all in the same room talking, oh boy will that be fun!

What was the mysterious Symbol that Scott was talking about? Was it the Battle Pyramid Symbol?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yep. Anyone notice how strange the Battle Pyramid looks in the montage in this ep? They changed the design of it later with the new opening.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Damn, didn't get to see this one. CBS for some reason took over our WB station and decided to show the same thing they were showing on our other TWO CBS stations. I wanted to hear what they did with Agatha. (I've always pictured her with the same voice as Fureza, but I know she'll sound didn't.) Please tell me 4Kids didn't give her their generic old woman voice.

It disappointed me a little bit at the end but otherwise itn was still pretty good.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
PDL said:
I sure don't :mad:
Blasphemy! Thou shalt soon feeleth the fiery wrath of our canine overlord!

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Gravy said:
Blasphemy! Thou shalt soon feeleth the fiery wrath of our canine overlord!

We are not worthy!

On-topic, I hate how Ash keeps on looking up data for Pokemon he already has knowledge of, like the Gengar in this episode, for instance.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Anyone notice that Norman keeps getting shafted of appearances? He didn't come to the Grand Festival, only Caroline did.

Now in this episode where May and Max return home, only Caroline is there to greet them.

Jeez, I know Norman is a busy guy seeing as how he's the Gym leader and everything, but couldn't they at least take the time to show him a bit more?

B

Blaziken master

They could have at least shown Norman and his slaking owning some Delcatty or something while May and the others get reunited in the jungle room

Cobalt_Latios

I saw this episode today. Here's my remarks:

- Having the team split up in different directions
- Having Ash and Brock split up later
- showing Scott and Agatha

And my most favorite part:

THEY FIXED THE GHOST THING!! Until now most of the ghost pokemon got hit by normal attacks like quick attack. But when Pikachu went right through Gengar, i was overjoyed! For ONCE they decided to make ghosts "Normal" proof. Took them long enough.

continuing on...

- Having Scott explain the whole Battle Frontier
- Having Team Rocket return to HQ and create a fake resume of their Hoenn thing.
- Having people continuesly screw up Butches name ("hey Biff!", "Its Butch!"), thats a great screw up they do!
- Team Rocket having a new Motto(after 10 damn years...)
- Having Golbat use Air Cutter(they havent yet shown that attack until now).
- Having Misty appear at Ash's house(i was not too much expecting that)
- Having Prof. Birch and Max show up(^same as above)

This is probably one of the best episodes i have had seen in a while and i adore the fact that CG is being used more and more!

Cant wait too see the rest of this season!(now assuming this is the beginning of the Battle Frontier, we should probably be getting Pokemon 8 in North America at around May/June, hopefully).

Medea

Excalibur
The Big Al said:
Damn, didn't get to see this one. CBS for some reason took over our WB station and decided to show the same thing they were showing on our other TWO CBS stations. I wanted to hear what they did with Agatha. (I've always pictured her with the same voice as Fureza, but I know she'll sound didn't.) Please tell me 4Kids didn't give her their generic old woman voice.
That must have sucked!

Well anyways, Agatha's voice for some strange reason kind of reminded me of Phyllis Diller. I know it sounds weird but that's what her voice reminded me of.

Medea said:
That must have sucked!

Well anyways, Agatha's voice for some strange reason kind of reminded me of Phyllis Diller. I know it sounds weird but that's what her voice reminded me of.
I thought she was going to sound like a man for some reason but when I heard her, her voice was really nice.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
This is probably one of the best episodes i have had seen in a while and i adore the fact that CG is being used more and more!
Trust me when I say your gonna see alot of CG for the BF. This episode was good. I cant believe I didnt notice the new motto. Although I was half paying attention at the time. Anyway I liked TR's interaction the most. I hope that we eventually maybe at the end of this saga we know why Giovani loses his position as gym leader. Also hopefully we get to see who the new Viridian gym leader is.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I always enjoy end of journey/back to Kanto episodes between seasons.

I knew we'd see Agatha this episode, but I didn't know she'd be the temporary gym leader of Viridian City.

Did May really ask Caroline why she didn't see Norman's car in the driveway? Was that in the original? I mean I know we see cars pass by on a street later on, and then we even see Scott drive off in a car (in fact, we even get a glimpse of Birch's jeep), but it still sounded quite... strange. I can't imagine a car in front of their house.

Always nice to see Giovanni. And a new assignment, eh? Meowth said something like, "Somewhere sunny would be nice, thank you." Then they get assigned Antarctica. XD Was that in the original, too? I know South America was in that undubbed TV drama, but I doubt they'd mention a real world place in the original simply as a joke.

"Hey Max, look at this Poliwag!" Lol, I half expected Ash to tell Max about the Poliwag when he arrived with Professor Birch. XD

Okay, now as for voices:

Cassidy: Wasn't perfect, but seeing as she's such a rare character I'm fine with it.

Scott: Another voice by the guy who voices Tristan and Zolo and Harland and a lot of other people. Honestly, I like this voice actor. One of 4Kids' best ones. His voice sounds very realistic, and I usually find myself happy when he's given a role.

Agatha: Sort of a generic old lady voice, but it seemed a little special to me.

Misty: Yep, about the same as usual. That's all I want.

Delia: Normal, I guess.

CyberCubed said:
Oh and I can't wait either to see May and Delia talk to one another. There's a scene in the next ep where Ash, May and Delia are all in the same room talking, oh boy will that be fun!
I was just thinking about that similarity today. Yeah, that'll be interesting... if it weren't a new episode I'd close my eyes and see if I can tell who's supposed to be saying each line. XD

So anyway, all the voices are pretty good, IMO. Of course, with PUSA giving these voice actors the boot, WHO CARES ANYWAY?! X/

...ehem. Interesting episode as I mentioned earlier, these between-region episodes are always good. 8/10.

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Oh, goody. Another strange Trainer's Choice, this one while not incorrect, will be harped on to kingdom come. One word, to all those who will thump this for all it's worth like the Arbok/Seviper incident: CRUNCH.

Great episode otherwise. Ash got screwed royally facing Agatha---it seemed Pikachu had taken no damage up until that Dream Eater that took it down. But it was a better battle than I expected; I had anticipated Agatha to completely destroy him like Anabel did, but Agatha's win ended up being a surprising come-from-behind.

I liked TR's new motto, but will they seriously be keeping it from now on? I find it surprising they changed it at this point.

Agreed on Scott's voice. >_> Just didn't fit him at all.

While on the topic of Scott, his little Battle Frontier speech made me think one of these two things will be true: that A) The Battle Pyramid's symbol is more valuable than the others and is a champion's trophy of sorts, or B) [and this was more Agatha] that the real new Viridian Gym Leader will be the capper of the Frontier saga.

How exactly did Prof. Birch drive from Hoenn to Kanto? o_O

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Hey yall, I was right in my assumptions of Attacks when I wrote a guide over the Japanese version. First Gengar used Hypnosis, then Dream Eater :)

Then Zubat or was it Golbat was using Air Cutter ^^

Did anyone notice how Scott sounded like a stalker or something? o_O;;

The Great Butler - they had to change it since the movement of the mouths changed due to a new motto in the Japanese version.

~Scott;229;
Sadly, it's the only Pokémon episode guide I ever wrote and probably the last.

Last edited:

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
MidnightScott said:
Then Zubat or was it Golbat was using Air Cutter ^^
It was Golbat.

Anyway, I forgot to mention something. Is CG going to be used for the 'badges' or whatever they were called when Ash starts winning them? I'd much rather prefer good drawings and animations like gym badges.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Kamex said:
Did May really ask Caroline why she didn't see Norman's car in the driveway? Was that in the original?

Nope. That's dub-only.

Meowth said something like, "Somewhere sunny would be nice, thank you." Then they get assigned Antarctica. XD Was that in the original, too?

That's also dub-only.