• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

THE Scrotom core

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
The team at a glance:

212.gif
479-w.gif
485.gif
178.gif
423_e.gif
612.gif

Up close:

__scizor___by_mushydog-d30fd0u.jpg

Scizor@Choice band
Technician
Adamant
12 Speed 244 HP 252 Attack

U Turn
Rock smash
Bullet Punch
Pursuit

My main physical attacker and the one who starts a good offensive pace. U turn is a powerful STAB attack capable of OHKOing Tyranitar and aids Scizor in a hit and run strategy. Bullet Punch offers priority and 2HKOs threats like Terrakion,Haxorus,Latios and Landorus. Rock Smash wont be used often but with a Technician boost it can catch other Scizor off guard and even wear down Skarm after a couple defense drops. Pursuit is of course for fleeing Gengar and Reuniclus and choice locked Latios. The EVs maximize Attack while giving Scizor admirable bulk. The speed EVs make sure other Scizor dont outrun it.

Rotom_Hydro_Pump.png

RotomW@Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
4 HP 252 Speed 252 SP attack

Trick
HP Grass
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch

Rotom is vital to keeping momentum going and keep KOing Pokemon. After testing some different sets i decided to keep the standard,its standard for a reason i guess. The EVs let Rotom become an all out attacker while choice scarf lets it reach well over 400 speed! Volt Switch severely cripples Politoed and OHKOs Gyarados,and keeps a good pace to the battle. HP Grass is mainly to take on other RotomW as well as the dreaded Quagsire. Hydro Pump is the main STAB,provides a way to just muscle through one or two pokemon. Trick stops set up sweepers cold and gives Rotom some more versatility.

xatu_by_jpkeks-d3afjfb.png

Xatu@leftovers
Magic bounce
Bold
72 Speed 184 Defence 252 HP

Thunder Wave
HP Fire
Featherdance
Wish

I replaced Espeon with Xatu (reluctantly) to patch up my physical weakness and create a defensive core with gastrodon. Xatu is a pain in the *** for physical sweepers as he robs them of the two things they thrive on,Attack(Featherdance), and Speed (T wave). Xatu also takes out common Spikers known as Ferrothorn and Forretress with HP Fire while reflecting their entry hazards. Xatu provides Wish support for the rest of the team. The Speed EVs make him faster than most Scizor and unboosted Dragonite.

heatran1.jpg

Heatran@Air Balloon
Flash Fire
Modest
252 Speed 252 SP Attack

Fire Blast
HP Ice
Stealth Rock
Earth Power

I brought back my offensive Heatran so i can wall Sun teams even more effectively and take down annoying Jirachi with a lot more power tha before. Stealth Rock helps me set up hazards after scaring off Ferrothorn or Scizor,Earth Power kills other Heatran and gives Tyranitar a beating too. For some reason i just find HP Ice to be so much more use ful than HP Grass on Tran,with its Air Balloon Landorus will feel very pressured to switch so i can set up SR or if i dont want to risk him breaking my balloon and then KOing me ill just HP ice away. Even with the offensive EVS a +1 Dnite Out rage wont KO me,and thats an even greater reason to run HP Ice. Heatrans new EV set also lets himtake advantage of the rewards of a fire attack aimed at Scizor more.

_Pokemon_DP__Gastrodon_by_Znuese.png

Gastrodon@Leftovers
Storm Drain
Calm
252 HP 252 SP defence 4 Defence

Earth Power
Ice Beam
Recover
Toxic

Rain teams wreck me without this guy around,Gastrodon has invaluable immunities that allow me to spread Toxic as the opponent frantically switches. The EVs make Gastrodon a Special tank and he forms a sweet defensive core with Xatu,and he can still take a physical attack with its enormous HP stat. Earth Power provides powerful STAB after a Storm Drain boost and can pick apart Jirachi and Tentacruel,as well as pesky electric types common in Rain teams,namely Jolteon and Magnezone. Ice Beam destroys gliscor and can catch Landorus and Venusaur on the switch. Recover is a great move for Gastrodon as most attacks aimed at him wont do over half damage and he can proceed to Toxic stall them.

haxorus_by_richie_94-d3gv10p.jpg

Haxorus@Lum Berry
Mold Breaker
Jolly
252 Speed 4 HP 252 Attack

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Haxorus is meant to clean up late game or quickly take out potenital threats then switch back out. The EVs obviously maximize sweeper capabilities and as tempting as it is to go over 400 Attack,Hax often wont get the oppurtunity to DD up and will find itself at a loss for speed,which is why i chose Jolly. Outrage is great for running clean through those last couple Pokemon and thanks to Mold Breaker it can cut through Multi Scale and WonderGuard. Earthquake is meant to hit steels such as Jirachi and Metagross hard as well as Fire types like Ninetales. Dragon Dance isnt used often but when it is its usually to take advantage of the aftereffects of moves like Overheat to go in and set up freely. Lum berry is mainly to prevent Haxorus from being burned or paralysed and rendered useless for the rest of the battle,but can also cure post-Outrage confusion,allowing Haxorus to give it another go if neccessary. Swords Dance provides Hax with an option for slower stall-like teams.

Last edited:

uberheracross

The Ominous Breeze
I'd go with Scarf on Haxorus, if it's designed for a quick clean up, it doesn't want to have to set up, change Dance to dual chop as it breaks subs, all round good team, bit of a weird name tho...

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
I'd go with Scarf on Haxorus, if it's designed for a quick clean up, it doesn't want to have to set up, change Dance to dual chop as it breaks subs, all round good team, bit of a weird name tho...

Ill test Scarf Haxorus,even if its awkward having 3 choice users. and yeah i couldnt think of a better name right then. On Smogon its Scrotom MegaCore,lol.

uberheracross

The Ominous Breeze
Ill test Scarf Haxorus,even if its awkward having 3 choice users. and yeah i couldnt think of a better name right then. On Smogon its Scrotom MegaCore,lol.

To be honest it'll only really be 2 choice users considering Rotom will trick the scarf away, but trust me Hax + Scarf = OVERKILL it decimates breloom with dual chop and other sub users. I use scarf Hax on my team.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
To be honest it'll only really be 2 choice users considering Rotom will trick the scarf away, but trust me Hax + Scarf = OVERKILL it decimates breloom with dual chop and other sub users. I use scarf Hax on my team.

In that case should I switch to Adamant?

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Made changes as suggested on Smogon

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
More changes

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
i would change rock smash for superpower on scizor because even with the Technician boost it's doing more damage.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
i would change rock smash for superpower on scizor because even with the Technician boost it's doing more damage.

Yes but Rock Smash I feel is more reliable especially since Scizor is choiced,plus it has a chance of dropping the foes defense,it really teaches Chansey and Skarmory a lesson.

Rock smash does the same damage over 2 turnws bit risks the min/max damage variation definetly go with super power you are going to have to switch plus this way it still takes out the poke faster plus Blissey /Chansey wont be satying in when Scizor is out

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I recommend Superpower over Rock Smash, and go with either DD or SD on Haxorus. But I recommend Dragon Dance, and replace Swords Dance with Either Brick Break or X-Scissor.

Phoopes

There it is.
How about ya'll meet in the middle of the Superpower/Rock Smash debate by choosing Brick Break? Because Scizor gets that. Also Rock Smash with Technician gets 60 Base Power, while Brick Break gets 75 Base Power.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
Alright alright ill use SuperPowwe. Damn. And Hax is a double dancer,it doesn't need anymore offensive moves thanks to mold breaker