• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Scuffle of Legends! (374)

AscendingLatios

Volcano Trainer
CyberCubed said:
Granted I really DID wish they made a movie out of this, as movie animation would look excellent with the attacks Groudon and Kyorge were making.
I dunno, I think if they made this into a movie people would complain that it ripped too much off of the 5th movie. Speaking of which...

So does this episode suggest (in the anime at least) that Groudon's Solar Beam attack is as powerful as Latios' Luster Purge? And most of us know what happened to Latios when he tried to do the same thing....

Also, is it true that the original version of this episode used the music from the 5th movie?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Now *this* was an exciting episode. The Groudon and Kyogre two-parter turned out to be more incredibly exciting than their screen captures made them out to be. Archie was more interesting in this episode, and the showoff between him with Kyogre and Pikachu with Groudon was incredible. Lance was also great in this episode. It's too bad Team Rocket didn't have a bigger role in the two-parter, but at least the great action more than made up for it.

Overall, 10/10.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I just saw the episode today and wow that was nice. I really don't see what was bad about it other than there should have been more parts to it. 2 Parts were just not enough. But still, everything was nice and had me excited.

I really liked it when Groudon shot a Solarbeam at Kyogre and it made him fly back. I felt sorry for Team Magma, they just kept getting hit and stuff. Maxie is a pretty cool guy.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
My thoughts are mainly that it was pretty good, my biggest criticism being the poor animation. If they had to have a bad animation team do one of the parts it should have been the second instead of the other way around, compare the way Kyogre moves and looks in part one to part two and you'll see huge differences.

~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
I doubt Groudon actually cared for them. More like, it cared for the island, because a) it was land in the sea Kyogre controlled and b) it lived there. Wish they'd elaborated on that.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion
I wouldn't say that, in the previous episode Maxie explained that in the ancient past Groudon had raised up more land to ease human suffering. Obviously humans are not its only concern but they do matter to it.

Dragon-Lass_150 said:
As a dedicated and passionate pupil of Marine Biology and Oceanography I am THOROGHLY dissapointed in how they painted Kyogre as the bad pokemon and Groudon as the good one.

The whole theme behind these episodes is the BALANCE of nature, how can they possibly support that by showing favoritism towards the terrestrial pokemon?
How did they show favoritism? I don't get it.

Lance made it clear that Archie's destructive intentions had tainted the orb (which is inclined to do that because it was made by evil people) and in turn tainted Kyogre and Archie himself. They never said Kyogre was bad, only that it and Archie needed to be freed of the orb's influence. Heck they even had Kyogre go out of its way to save Ash and Pikachu, surely you noticed that?

Cybercubed said:
My only gripe about these episodes is we really don't get to see what happens to Team Magma and Aqua. They see that they were unable to control the legendary Pokemon, but we're not quite sure where they go or what they do. I guess we have to believe they disband themselves like in the games?
Agreed, but at least it will be addressed in a future episode, so its not totally left out.

WaterDragon trainer said:
What was that attack that Groudon used when it smacked the water to hit Kyogre? Was that a Slash or possibly an Ancient Power?(PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!)
It was never named, but compared to the moves we've seen in the anime and the moves that Groudon learns, I'd say it was Fissure. Look at how Ash's Tauros uses Fissure in the Orange League and how it looks when going through water and you'll see it is pretty much the same just smaller.

Shining Suicune said:
Speaking of Lance, I believe his talk about Groudon defending them and asking Pikachu for help was BS. It was simply fighting Kyogre because the two of them are natural born fighters, and Kyogre was rampaging on its territory.
Actually, them fighting only occurs when the balance is disrupted. After all land and sea must exist in some state of balance, not constantly warring against one another. As stated earlier, Groudon had protected humans in the past, and given that people are a part of its world it would still want to that. Kyogre also showed it cares for humanity, in saving Ash and Pikachu.

I think its quite fitting that Groudon was not mindlessly fighting. It sensed that Kyogre and Archie had become possessed by the orb. Realizing the same thing would happen to it and the great destruction that would ensue, it took the opportunity to possess Pikachu when Pikachu grabbed it. Since Pikachu had no destructive or power-hungry intentions it was not consumed by the orb the way Archie was. Instead it fulfilled Groudon's desire to be awakened and keep the orb from Team Magma.

Groudon had a definate plan. Free Kyogre of the orb, restore the balance and destroy the orbs so they could never be used again. It helped that Pikachu was an Electric type so it could give Groudon an edge in the battle. Contrary to what some seem to think, Kyogre and Groudon are not enemies. They are opposing forces, but both are interested in the maintaining of life in their realms. :cool:

Unlike Aqua and Magma, they did not see land or sea as better than the other, but saw that they both needed protection. So Groudon acts to free Kyogre and Kyogre rescues the land dwelling human and pokemon who risked themselves to help restore the balance. :cool:

AscendingLatios said:
So does this episode suggest (in the anime at least) that Groudon's Solar Beam attack is as powerful as Latios' Luster Purge? And most of us know what happened to Latios when he tried to do the same thing....
What? It was never said that Latios was using Luster Purge, after all Latias was using the same move and it can't learn Luster Purge. And Latios only died from the effort most likely because it had already been so badly injured and weakened by the machine earlier.

But I would certainly say that Groudon's attacks are stronger than those of a minor Legendary like Latios ("minor" in the sense that Latios plays no large role in maintaining life on Earth). Even in the games Solar Beam's power is far higher than Luster Purge's.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
CyberCubed said:
What is the final form of Totodile? And 4kids got it right with Feraligatr.
They should have made Croconaw one of the choices. It would have made things a bit harder. Of course, for most viewers it would still be unbearably easy, but...

One thing I forgot to mention about this episode. At one point, someone told Archie to let go of the red orb or something, and he replied with, "Not on your life!!" Well, didn't that strike anyone as slightly mature to be on this show? I mean, concerning what the censors would usually frown upon? He's talking about life here! I'm not complaining, but I just wanted to make a point on that. Sorry if I missed someone else mentioning it.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Pokemon Fan said:
What? It was never said that Latios was using Luster Purge, after all Latias was using the same move and it can't learn Luster Purge. And Latios only died from the effort most likely because it had already been so badly injured and weakened by the machine earlier.

*coughmistballcough*

Solar Crimson

A Crimson Tide
I missed this episode last week because I had to take the ACT Test. I should've taped this, because I wanted to see it, even though you all said that it had lousy animation (which I really don't pay attention too, anyway).

Geodude

Haven't read this whole thread so this might have been mentioned, but I heard Lugia's Song from Pokemon the Movie 2000 at several points in the dub version. That's some of my favorite music from the anime, so I'm not complaining. :)

DKzM0mA

Bring it.
Before watching the dub i always kinda thought of groudon being the main threat and maxie being some menical threat but he understood that they couldnt control the legendary pokemon and archie didnt.

Pokemon Fan said:
I wouldn't say that, in the previous episode Maxie explained that in the ancient past Groudon had raised up more land to ease human suffering. Obviously humans are not its only concern but they do matter to it.
Well, I wouldn't know that, because I missed the other Episode. Thanks for clearing it up, though.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

H

H0-0H

Dunno if it has been posted, but in UK, on Sky, Toonami, The Scuffle of Legends was actually shown. So you might wanna update the episode guide!

K

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

I havent seen the episode, but I heard it over the phone.
I liked the first one better.
This episode would've been better if Maxie got posessed as well
(just like the manga)

Magus

Fog Trainer
This epsidoe would've been better if was more than just one episode. Groudon vs Kyogre should've been at least 4 episodes, and preceded by a larger number of Aqua/Magma episodes to build up to it.

Opal Pikachu13

This was one of my favorite episodes of Advanced Battle. It should've been more longer than two parts, but it was still good. I thought that both Groudon and Kyogre were destructive, but how they said "Groudon used the blue orb to ask Pikachu for help".... Pikachu didn't seem like he was his good self after the orb went into him, but he wasn't as bad as Archie was with the red orb, for all he cared about was controlling Kyogre. The music from the Lugia movie was pretty good with the part with the orbs shattering. And the battle between the two legendaries was pretty good. Like I said, it could've been longer than two parts, probably one more part should've been done, Rayquaza would've been great here, and Wallace instead of Lance appearing in this episode would have been great as well. I give this episode 9.5/10.

Last edited:
Well I thought this episode was really good, best I've seen in a long time (excluding the 8th Movie). I think, yeah, Rayquaza would have been cool too, as it is in the opening sequence. Imagine a free for all with all the legendaries...never gonna happen, but still good to think about.
As for the music, I'm choosing to believe that Lugia's Guardian Song was playing near the end, because I think it's an amazing song.

Jolteon Jordan

As Fast As a Star...
This episode was so cool. probly one of the coolest episodes of coolest episodes.