• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Scuffle of Legends! (374)

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Don't know about you guys, but I'm amazed that Groudon can swim.

Why is it always the Legendaries I love (compared to their counterparts) that get the bad rep? (Kyogre, then Dialga...) Ah well, scary "evil" Pikachu totally makes up for it ^^

lol, Ash's face when he saw Kyogre swimming right for him. Awesome.

Decent ep... the battle between Groudon & Kyogre should've had Rayquaza at some point, though. Would've made the episode a thousand times better.

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
With lance appearing in the advanced series and Groudon, Kyogre battling it out, this ep gets a score of

20/10!!!! LOL

JK 10/10

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
This was a pretty great episode. The battle was really epic. I wish some other Pokemon would have become possessed instead of the most obvious one, though.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
this episode had a nice battle in it really fantastic:p
episodes like this are fun to watch i must say that 9/10.

Crystal Firestorm

Ah, these episodes. They were quite good, better than most but I do think they could have done a bit better. The team galactic stuff at the moment just seems more well thought out. But hey, Maxie was in this episode so I'm happy. ^_^ I'd probably say about 9/10 if I had to rate it.

Champion Jared 14

These titles were, blah. "The Scuffle of legends"? Come on now. Basically the writers wanted to rush this out of the way before the hoenn league. It was rushed, and they didn't go into detail about how the teams got the legends in captivity from the start. How did team Magma get a hold of Kyogre anyway? And "bonding" with the orbs, and pikachu going bizarro on us, and Lance had to be brought into the chaos. Why him, and not Steven or Wallace? Kyogre was made to be the bad guy in these episodes, basically everyone against Team Aqua and Kyogre. Blah. And there was no Rayquaza in here at all, and then the orbs just disappeared. Where was Mt. Pyre's part in this? T'was poorly done.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Was just rewatching this episode and I still think its good, although if I had my way there would be changes. I would have made it a three parter and aleast at the end explain exactly what happens to Team Aqua and Magma and that they disbanded (I know its mentioned later but still).
I would have given Shelly a little more scenes as well (Didn't she say she was going to get Archie but it seemed she didn't even move), probably give Tabithia a bit more as well and shown what happened to the main four of TA and TM.

dougtrio

and the ending sucked because it was anti-climatic and it didn't make any sense. I'm talking about the original japanese version of the episode. In it, Kyogre and Groudon were mindless battling same as in the games. Groudon wasn't trying to stop Kyogre because of being a good guy, as in the stupid dubbed version. He hit Kyogre really hard, and then the red orb came out of Archie. Then Pikachu's blue orb came out too, for not reason whatsoever _-_

That's pretty much how I felt about what the main problems with THIS episode were.

Things didn't happen for a reason.

Though unlike above I appreciate the dub trying to make sense of the actions on screen, but even then it was still ill written. Why did the orbs leave them and disintigrate?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was ok. I had expected the battle to take place somewhere else but it was decent.

No Rayquaza like in the games but that was fine too. I guess they wanted it to be more like Ruby and Sapphire.

Lance was helpful again :S

7/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Magma and aqua were really stubborn to release Kyogre and Groudon... it was crazy.
Magma was stronger, but Aqua's leader was really determined to release Kyogre.

Again this espiode was preety good.But I wiahed they would have been not too lazy on the animation.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was great to see Kyogre and Groudon battle it out. Archie looked scary after merging with the Red Orb. I'm glad neither Pokemon won the battle, didn't need a team winning. Groudon's Solar Beam attack is very powerful. It was cool to see Team Magma and Team Aqua finally come together and fight. Kyogre's Hyper Beam attack was very powerful.

75/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode like the previous was epic and enjoyable to watch. Seeing Groudon and Kyorge battle like in Emerald as very cool to watch,they both had powerful attacks. Archie was a freak.

Vernikova

Champion
The animation. The terrible, terrible animation. D: This clearly pales in comparison to Galactic's finale but it wasn't completely terrible. Well, it kind of was but I think that is mainly because of the animation.

7threst

Aside from the horrible animation and the rushed end of this two-part, I quite enjoyed the whole overlapping synopsis of Groudon Vs. Kyogre and this episode was great in just that. I do agree with a lot of people that this two-part should have been a three-part and that the writers wasted a lot of potential here. Quite strange considering the build-ups both Team Magma and Team Aqua got up to this point.

ashiemore

I liked seeing kyogre and groudon in something other than a movie. I think it would have been neat if Groudon and kyogre used more attacks instead of staying there and roaring at each other.

~ashiemore

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
Hmm... After such a long build up of these two enemy teams, the final showdown seemed very sloppy and anticlimactic. I think every episode involving team magma and aqua that came before this final showdown were far better, more interesting, better written and all around much more fun. It's unfortunate that these two teams were so glossed over too, seeing as how a whole movie was made surrounding a dude and his dreams to beat team magma!

All in all, it was nice to see Kyogre and Groudan see each other as equals/friends at the end. I wonder if there are multiple Kyogre and Groudon out there as there are multiple of some of the other legendaries!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hmm... After such a long build up of these two enemy teams, the final showdown seemed very sloppy and anticlimactic. I think every episode involving team magma and aqua that came before this final showdown were far better, more interesting, better written and all around much more fun. It's unfortunate that these two teams were so glossed over too, seeing as how a whole movie was made surrounding a dude and his dreams to beat team magma!

All in all, it was nice to see Kyogre and Groudan see each other as equals/friends at the end. I wonder if there are multiple Kyogre and Groudon out there as there are multiple of some of the other legendaries!

I really don't think it was handled that the climax was handled that badly, though I guess that's just me :x The episode was pretty good though there are some points I didn't like, it felt like Maxie was getting bullied and that Archie got too much focus. Everything else was great though and the action was awesome. I'd give this episode a 8/10

Kyogre does appear in the 9th movie, but I don't think it appears in the main anime so far.

These titles were, blah. "The Scuffle of legends"? Come on now.

...because it was a battle (a scuffle) between two legends.
I don't see a problem.

I might be one of the few who liked this part a little better than the first part.

That battle between Kyogre and Groudon was just epic!