• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Search For A Legend! (018)

Cenzo

Red: True Master
Richie is cool. But he should change his look, he looks too much like Ash. I would like to finally see his full team though.

GARizard

GARhalla Account
Silver recognizes Ash's name. He's got a cutesy Pokemon that rides around on his shoulders. He's got a flying dragon powerhouse. He's following a legendary firebird. He's loud, brash, and a little arrogant. Silver being Ash's father seems pretty plausible to me, considering the sheer number of parallels between the two.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't believe the anime mentioned it, but does this take place on One Island in the Sevii Islands? Or is Mt. Ember a coincidence?

Anyway, I loved that Richie appeared again, and that he got his own story. This is probably the last we'll see of him so it's good to see him with a Legendary Pokemon (Moltres).

Team Rocket, always messing stuff up when they aren't bothering Ash...9/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Wow, Moltres...
First time I see it. I loved to see Silver's Chikorita, it means that he is from Johto.
What a pity that Silver did not have a serious chance to fight Moltres because I have a feeling that his Salamence was beating it.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Nice episode, great to see Moltres as well and of course Cassidy and Butch will go after it. Moltres being injured kinda of reminded me of Articuno in Noland's first episode actually. Pity Salamence and Moltres didn't get to battle for longer

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was great to see Moltres in this episode, my fav. legendary Fire type. It was cool to see a battle between Salamance and Moltres that wasn't about capturing, but to make each other stronger. Those disguises of Cassidy and Butch were so obvious... The battle between Moltres and Salamance was great!

This was awesome! I loved Silvers Chikorita, it's much like Ash' Pikachu, but much cuter!

Also nice to see Chikorita with other "kinds of trainers", Chikorita in other episodes were from Casey and Ash, both young, stubborn trainers. Also nice to see a cute Chikorita with an experienced trainer who searches for legendary Pokemon.

Also, great battle between Salamence and Moltres. Sure, the battle wasn't finished, but still great!

Most people searching for legendaries in both the anime and the movies are evil. It was good to see someone searching for a legendary Pokemon, without any evil intentions.

There should've been a sequel to this, with a finished battle between Moltres and Silver (who would probably use Salamence again).

Last edited:

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
mite be late to right this .. but it has been my favorite classic episode.. ritchie has been my favorite character of all time... still hoping for his appearance in the future

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I liked Moltres' appearance in this episode.It was nice to see Mt.Ember in the anime.Too bad the battle between the bird and the dragon wasn't finished.I felt sorry for everyone getting shocked by Cassidy&Butch's net.
7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm Butch and Cassidy really seemed to become too goofy like Jessie and James, which was frustrating. Still, I liked Silver as well as seeing Moltres and Ritchie in action again. :3

Gillachu

Banned
Meh, One Island was so small and we should've seen more of it, not just Mt. Ember's peak. Silver was awesome, though.

JudySpell

Banned
Silver was cool especially how he commanded Salamence to battle the Moltres. I was pleased that Ritchie appeared again even though he didn't do much. 6.5/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Richie wasn't as great here as he was in his previous two Chronicles episodes, but the story itself was good. Silver was an interesting guest character. I liked the part when Butch called Nanba "Mambo", and the radio was animated with Nanba yelling at him.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Meh, One Island was so small and we should've seen more of it, not just Mt. Ember's peak. Silver was awesome, though.

I didn't even realise that the island here was meant to be One Island. ^^; It did seem unremarkable however and I wish we had seen the other Sevii Islands as well in these Chronicle episodes.

Why do some fans think that the dude named Silver who showed up here is Ash's dad? They was nothing hinting at it as far as I remember and they looked nothing alike.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was great that we got to see Mt. Tomoshibi in this special, although quite a shame that it was the only place from the Nanashima archipelago that we saw in the anime. Yamato and Kosaburou seemed very irrelevant however, in that this episode didn't need them as threats. Just watching Silver's Bohmander versus Fire was enough as a climax.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Huh so we saw One Island for a few minutes and that was it? Lame. Moltres showing up was a good twist though but then again we had seen it twice already.